greatest megatron ever?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Crazy Ramjetty, Jun 19, 2011.

1. Crazy Ramjetty

Crazy Ramjetty marvel's got it good

in your opinion, out of every different kind of megatron we know, who was the greatest? (no galvatrons allowed in this thread) in my opinion it was animated megatron, he didn't tolerate traitors at all and got rid of them on the spot (unlike g1 and beast wars), for the most part he kept his cool during battles and didn't get extremely mad or angry, he's got a badass fusion cannon and two awesome swords, he can withstand blasts equivalent to hydrogen bombs, he makes awesome speechs and sounds cool, he didn't seem like your classic evil bad guy he was actually fighting for something and for some can be viewed as a freedom fighter perhaps even the goodguy, his plans were thought out well and operated well, his soldiers not only feared him but respected him most other decepticons only feared their version of megatron.

but what do you think? name what you think is the greatest megatron and give reasons for it.

2. Stryker055

Stryker055 Josh Boyfriend

I'm going to say Beast Wars Megatron. Animated Megs comes close, but even he can't match up to Joe.

3. Leadfoot

Leadfoot The Strongest.

TFP Megatrawn for teh win.

4. Mechafire

Mechafire Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Beast Wars.

5. Goldlock

Goldlock and don't call me Shirley

News Credits:
    Gotta be Beast Wars/Machines Megs hands down! Though Animated comes close, & Prime has potential...

6. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Beast Wars Megatron, yes.

Megatron in Beast Wars didn't always get everything he wanted, but he did manage to get in some really big wins like getting hold of the golden disks and the Maximals were not able to keep him out of the Ark. Even with Waspintor Megatron could still get in a few wins.

It also seemed like Beast Wars Megatron was better at playing characters off each other so he could keep his more treasonous Predicons in line or take advantage of a known weakness of one of the Maximals.

I also think that vanity and arrogance made for a really great villain. There were times when you just wanted someone like Primal to punch him in the face. That rather Victorian era flair kind of made him stand out from G1 Megatron and all the Megatrons since then, you almost expected him to stop for tea before pounding someone's face in.

And of course it's really hard to beat a flying purple metal T-Rex for an alt mode.

7. Overlord Balder

Overlord Balder Voices Slugslinger!

TFP Megatron or Movie-verse Megs.

TFP Megatron because he is insane, completely. fucking. insane. Maluco beleza, nuts, off the rails! I'm all for this "old, ancient evil" approach he has on the series, for the first time in a while, we see an old, experienced Megatron, that evil who's been around since before you were born and likely will still be around after your death.

I also like how he had a Xavier-Magneto-esque relationship with Optimus, give the character a interesting twist.
    Also, I find it funny how this Megatron is probably the most insane Megatron but also probably the most [seemingly] benevolent ["My greatest mistake? I made a few", I MEAN, WHAT THE HELL? Since when Megatron admits that kind of thing?]
    And because Frank Welker whops asses as this guy, much more than in G1.

On Movie-verse Megs, I just think he is the epythomy of what Megatron [following his G1 personality] SHOULD be: a completely deranged psychopath, the warrior that feeds himself from the death, the pain and the destruction he causes, he doesn't care for anyone [not even for himself], he just lives to see his enemy fall dead on the ground, the physical incarnation of the term CHAOTIC EVIL.

In short: As an original character, my favorite is TFP Megs, as the epythomy of something, my favorite is Movie-verse Megs.

8. zark225

zark225 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    In terms of their victories I'd say BW Megatron, or Animated Megs. But for their character, it's Movie Megatron for me. He's just completly evil in every regard and will fight until either his enemies are dead, or hes injured to the point where he can't fight! Plus hes psychotic and doesn't give a damn about many of the bots around him. p It helps that my fav part of the first film is when he says this to Sam "Give me the Allspark and you may live to be my pet!" He sounds so evil in that scene!

9. Shin-Gouki

Shin-Gouki Rebuilding Veteran

News Credits:
    Originally: Huntington Beach, CA, Now: Cincinnati
    G2 Comic Megatron. Badass in every sense.

10. Spiderus Prime

Spiderus Prime TFW Spongebob since 2007

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Tfp one is.

11. Secretcode

Secretcode Keeper of Encarta Veteran

News Credits:
    YouTube:
    The answer is obvious, yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees.

As I believe I stated elsewhere, Beast Era Megatron was the most successful Megatron to date considering the many fuck-ups he attempted to the timeline. Sure that wasn't that successful, but he also did something big. A little thing called stripping everyone on Cybertron's sparks and enslaving the entire planet for an unknown period of time.

12. Jetbolt

Jetbolt Maximal Air Commander

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Flickr:
    Beast Wars/Machines Megatron for sure. Animated Megatron came very close, just needed one more season to take that title away from the Beast Era Megatron.

13. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Beast Era. Conquered Cybertron. Animated came damn close. Both megatrons were extremely cunning and very proactive. TFPrime Megatron could learn a thing or two from them.

14. Mospeada

Mospeada Since '84

News Credits:
    Yesssssssss. I think that sums it up.

Also, I like RiD Megatron, even though he's actually Gigatron, and a goofball. So he doesn't really count.

15. Lacimehc

Lacimehc Tastes like medicine

Beast Era Megatron is easily the best.

16. Thyme

Thyme Disciple of Yun-Harla

I’ll have to say ... all of them!

Why, well it is because each of them have their ups and downs when comes to universal domination.

17. Solrac333

Solrac333 G1 got it right!

Ebay:
    G1. He's a gun.

18. Mako Crab

Mako Crab Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    [​IMG]
    A thinking man's Megatron.

[​IMG]
    That self-congratulating grin conveys an air of superiority and calm demeanor. He laughs loud and often, because he's already 3 steps ahead of you.

[​IMG]
    The Matrix never looked as cool as Megatron.

[​IMG]
    On the verge of god-hood. This is a Megatron of the past, present, and future, bent on merging himself with Cybertron and then the Allspark itself while consuming every spark in the process. He was determined to make, " 'Til all are one" a reality.

I feel like I should do a write-up of BW/BM Megatron, but in light of that, I think these pictures will suffice for now.

19. Karhukjnsi

Karhukjnsi Universal Wrestler

News Credits:
    I'm going to wait until DotM comes out to respond properly to this thread.

20. Scorpion

Scorpion Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think Animated wins for me.