Great HasbroToyShop story/rant

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by vr6mitch, Apr 20, 2011.

1. vr6mitch

vr6mitch Sonic Engineer/Architect

Hello everyone,
    I haven't really posted much, but i've been a long time reader/occasional classified shopper. I had to share this story because: 1. I still can't believe I have this much bad luck. 2. It's another example of the amazing lack of availability of the last wave of rts/generations (especially in the north east) and the things we, as fans and collectors have to go through to (try to) get them.

I digress. Onto the point of this:
    So on 4/1 I was lucky enough to catch a Grapple online @ HTS. Pre-ordered. Done. Wipe the brow. The last figure I need in the RTS line. (luckily, i don't really collect smaller than deluxe the days, so windcharger won't be an issue) And I got it for a great price. So, from the forums here, I learned that others from here had also scored a Grapple online when I did so when others started posting recently that Grapples were shipping, I was stoked.
    Thursday evening I get an e-mail saying there was a problem with processing my cc info and the order would be held for three days. I call the next day and the rep says the error could be from a number of things but didn't know what exactly. I know it wasn't a balance issue b/c i double checked when i started hearing they were shipping. So I give her my cc info and she puts the order through and says i'm all good now. By monday, i hadn't received a shipping notice, so i call to see what the problem is. The final outcome is they have 3 in the warehouse, but they are damaged, so mine is on back-order (the only one) and they don't know yet if any more are coming. At least the guy on the phone was nice and checked into it and called me back within a day. I ordered on April Fool's Day, I should've seen it coming.
    Can't find it on the shelves. Can't find it online. The manufacturer can't even find it. Awesome.
    On top of that, this weekend, while at my father's house, I left my 2010 VW GTI parked in the driveway, were it would be safe, while I went out for a little while. After I leave I get a call that my uncle had stopped by and re-arranged my car's front end with his construction van while trying to turn around. FML. Double awesome. Not the best luck lately.
    So, needless to say, if anyone has a RTS Grapple for sale, I could really use one! PM me.
    Thanks for reading and letting me vent!

2. Sioce

Sioce Radicon in training

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yikes!

The problem with HTS sucks!
    The problem with the uncle... hope he has insurance.

3. Maetel

Maetel Well-Known Member

huge block of text is really hard to read

4. slugslinger2004

slugslinger2004 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I hate to hear that. :(  Grappel will hopefully be restocked soon, so at least it will be waiting if you can't find one at retail.

EDIT: Not worth it...

Last edited: Apr 20, 2011
  5. Yaujta

Yaujta Not a Bear TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Sorry to hear about the horrible chain of events. Screw Grapple though, I'd be pissed about the car.

I always heard horror stories about HTS, which made me hesitant to order from them.
    I finally did awhile back, and never had a problem with them. All of my orders came in in good time and in excellent condition.
    My only gripe is that they turn packages over to the USPS after either using UPS or Streamlite, and that's only because I don't like my carrier.

6. sh002

sh002 Banned

if you were planning on opening him anyway you should have just got one of the damaged ones. i'm sure it was just the box. if you were planning to keep it in the box then nevermind.

what do stores do with damaged inventory anyway? return them to the company?

7. vr6mitch

vr6mitch Sonic Engineer/Architect

I told the rep on the phone i would take it if just the box was damaged but he said from what he could tell, the figures were damaged as well. Now i have to keep an eye on hts for warpath too.
    When I was a kid in the G1 days, I don't ever remember having a problem finding any figure at Bradlee's or ToysRUs on the shelves. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy the hunt, but this is a bit much lately.
    A side note of good news, insurance adjuster is coming to look at the car tomorrow to get things rolling! They're even giving me a rental while it's being repaired, so no worries so far. Thanks for the kind words and i'd love to hear anyone else's hunting stories for these last waves!

8. Manok

Manok Well-Known Member

What an annoying rant. Did you get your car fixed? I know a good lawyer if unk doesn't own up.

9. Ribieconvoy

Ribieconvoy It's pronounced "ribby"

News Credits:
    Forget the twenty dollar toy, I'd be raging over your car. But yeah, I agree, HTS is screwy. I've had trouble trying to order from them before, and by the time I get the order through the item I want is out of stock. Ordering with them is a gamble.