great exkizer homage final battle galaxy convoy vs galvatron

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Discussion' started by GENOZAUR, Mar 21, 2008.

1. GENOZAUR

GENOZAUR Banned

found these 2 fights on youtube

Last Battle !!! Great Exkizer vs Dinogeist

Transformers Cybertron Optimus Prime vs Galvatron

and the original japanese cut of the fight

is it just me or could one see the final fight between galaxy convoy and master galvatron as being a faithful homage take on the final battle between great exkizer and dinogeist?

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2016
  2. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

Sweet!!!

3. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Actually it goes much deeper than that.

The final fight at the end of Galaxy Force features many elements typical to Japanese super robot animes, including virtually all of the Brave shows. The final fight almost always involves the rivals fighting each other, with the hero turning gold and losing a section of his faceplate in the final clash. Off the top of my head I can also name Fighbird, to an extent Might Gaine (no golden glow on Might Gaine but he lost his entire face!), similarly Gaogaigar (not actually in the final battle, rather it was the one right before that when they took on the heart). I'm sure there's a bunch of others that I am forgetting. Heck, you could argue that had it been an anime, Baan Gaan would have done the same thing - the game certainly gives you that impression! Beyond robot anime, the big one is Dragonball Z, and while there's never anything quite like that (since there were never any swords) Galaxy Force / Cybertron owes a great debt to that show and others like it, with the "power up auras" frequently used in the later shows.

That said, Exkaiser's final fight was a serious part of the homage, though. Check out the Galaxy Force intro too - the last scene where Megatron / Galvatron faces Sonic Convoy, and compare to Exkaiser's second intro. Very similar.

But like I say, it's an anime common. Galaxy Force / Cybertron has a couple of them in different episodes. Episode 1 has the whole "hero and villain hit each other, big shockwave ensues" thing, and Vector Prime's sacrifice is another common element - the hero who has the ultimate power, but dies using it, only to return as a vision in the last battle to urge the main hero on.

4. Chaos Incarnate

Chaos Incarnate Not just a name.

News Credits:
    Not just anime, Obi-wan died that way as well.

5. GENOZAUR

GENOZAUR Banned

yeah and vector prime could be seen as being a sort of transformers counterpart to obi wan

6. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    Galaxy Force contains TONS of references to the Brave shows. This one and the Liger Convoy combination sequence and subsequent dashing attack are probably the most obvious though (Goldion Hammer)

It's a big reason why I love Galaxy Force so much.

and just look at how much better the original japanese version of that battle is compared to the dub. especially the music.