Gran Turismo PSP

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Nerroth, Oct 1, 2009.

1. Nerroth

Nerroth Alea iacta est.

News Credits:
    It's out now.

[youtube]989wEe_PgXU[/youtube]

The first car I was able to get was a Monte Carlo blue pearl Honda NSX '01 - which I promptly took for a spin around Suzuka Circuit (where this weekend's Japanese Grand Prix will be held).

Man, it looks good in the replays... and it's as testy as I remember the NSX being back in GT in my old PS1 years ago. (I hadn't played 3 or 4, as I don't have a PS2 or PS3 - so this of my first GT game in a long time.)

I also got a black-with-silver-stripes Viper GTS '99, which is a brick to try and race in. But then, it's handy when barging past other cars - putting a somewhat different spin on the 'muscle car' concept!

And also, they have a Dome Zero to buy! (Shame it can't be given a Classics/Henkei/Shattered Glass Rodimus paint job...) Also, shame that I will probably have to wait for Dome to re-cycle up as one of the 4 daily manufacturers before I can afford the credits.

Oh, and Leno:

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2016
  2. Ace Convoy

Ace Convoy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm gonna get it...................when i can rack up 40 bucks

3. Nerroth

Nerroth Alea iacta est.

News Credits:
    I may have missed out on Classics Rodimus (for now, at least) - but I now have Alternity Convoy!

(Or rather, a Dark Metal Grey GT-R Spec-V '09. Not quite the same as Convoy, but close enough!)

4. Atomsplitter

Atomsplitter Needs a new title.

I KNEW that voice sounded familiar in game. Should have pegged it as him.

I'm a little disappointed by the graphics, when I think GT I think of the most accurate realism, and great graphics. I wonder if they had cut down on the cars (I love tons of cars, but do you REALLY need 800 cars in a portable game) if maybe they couldn't have made the game look a little better. Some cars definitely got a lot more love than others.

Also wish there was online play. I'd probably get my ass schooled by anyone on here, but it would be a good time. I havn't played a realistic racer in a long time, so it's taking me a bit to get back in to the groove.

The lack of a career mode is a little disappointing too, but it's a minor thing. There's enough challenges and tracks (My god, TONS of tracks) to make up for it.

I may sound like I have a lot of complaints, but I love the game. It's deceptively addicting, too. I find myself just trying one more time to improve on a challenge time... then one more time. And another after that.

Oh yeah, and my first (and only) car so far? A 1992 Toyota Supra 2.5 GT Twin Turbo. Sex. Havn't got a fancy car yet, but i'm saving for a big one.

5. Ace Convoy

Ace Convoy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    how much money do you start off with in this one?

6. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:

I got my Skyline, so I am happy, and like I said before, anything you get in this game, transfers to GT5 next year, so save those cars.

7. TM2 D-bot

TM2 D-bot Forsight Into the Future Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Been playing for about a week now (over 11 million credits and 200* car garage :)  ). Since I sold my PS2 before buying my PS3 more than a year ago, I was missing GT. Sure I have Prologue, but it's a glorified demo. I bought my PSP earlier this year especially for this game and haven't been dissapointed yet, although I do have some gripes:

1. Brake bias
    2. Can't tune gear ratios
    3. In S Class Rank the computer sometimes chooses random cars which I can in no way beat. How am I supposed to win against a NSX if my Superbird can't go over 240km/h?
    4. Again in S Class rank I constantly put a lead on the AI cars, but on straights they just come barreling back. How can an EVO VI that is limited in top speed make up an almost 5 second difference against a R32 GT-R on Antoniusbuche?

8. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I dunno, I'm just using this to start my GT5 Collection and having fun doing it.