Got suspended from work...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by rattrap007, May 9, 2007.

1. rattrap007

rattrap007 Insert witty comment here TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I swear my employer has their head up their ass big time.

I work in a lab making eye glasses. 3 of the 6 other people I work with are compete assholes. I get treated like shit and mocked on a daily basis over any tiny little thing. I'm about 5 years older than them and about 7 times more mature. They are alcoholics and talk about getting drunk, the times they managed to avoid getting caught be cops and such.

Anyway one of the Asshole 3 as I shall refer to them is fairly new and a buddy of one of the other AH3 members. Well the guy is about 6'4" and 300+ pounds. Big guy. Well he is a total dick. He will kinda force you out of the way so HE can run a job.

Well it has been slow lately and a lens was in the generator being cut. So i get up and stand in front of the generator and wait for it to finish so I can switch the lenses. He comes up and take the other lens and kinda demands that I move because HE is going to do it. Well I've been waiting for the lens to finish for about a minute and was already taking care of it. I tell him this. it goes back and forth for a minute and he is basically right up on me on my left hand side.

So i use my arm to gently push him away a bit and he up and SHOVES me away. I've taken a lot of crap and was sick of it. He says "Don't ever touch me or it will be the last mistake you make.." I tell him to back off and I was sick of their crap. "He says "try it"... So I go and report it.

Well people are taken in private and give their account and we both end up getting a three day suspension for physical conduct. Ok I did "touch" him a bit to get him to back off yet he focefully shoves me and I'm at much at fault? Give me a break.

I bring up the bullshit I put up with back there and the store manager basically says "Well if you are not happy in your work environment maybe this isn't the place for you?"

WTF???? I get harassed on a daily basis and "this isn't the place for me"? Give me a break! I talked with one of the retail girls who is nice and she told me she has repeatedly complained (to the store managers) against them for how they treat me and all they say "Will talk with Nancy (lab manager now) about it" or "It is out of our hands."

Asinine bullshit. This place sucks. Well I look at the next 5 (3 work 2 days I already had off) days as job hunt time so I can leave the hell hole.

I tell you one thing after I am gone I am never buying from them again and I will recommend AGAINST them to people I know.

2. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan www.megamoonman.com TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    Maybe it really ISN'T the place for you. Sometimes it's just better to leave then to try and fit in or change everyone else into behaving.

3. bugmenot

bugmenot Banned

I think it's time to get a lawyer.

4. pscoop

pscoop Dead inside

News Credits:
    Sorry that happened, but use the time to find someplace that won't have all that drama. You may even end up making more money. Working can suck sometimes.

5. Brownstreak

Brownstreak Banned

Sorry to hear that buddy. Go grab a beer and play some videogames. It always works for me after a shitty day at the grind.

6. Jux

Jux Please, call me Steve. Veteran

He doesn't have a chance. If there is a police against any type of physical contact, he broke it, and the money involved with getting a lawyer over something as stupid as three days of work isn't nearly worth it.

Take the suspension and let it be. If you don't like your job, then actually do something about it.

7. Liokaiser

Liokaiser Super Mod

News Credits:
    That sucks man. Hope you find something better soon.

8. bugmenot

bugmenot Banned

Yeah....once he put his hands on the other guy any chance of pressing charges or any other legal action went out the window. But he does have a right to work in a decent work environment.

9. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

Well, once you quit you definitely should go out Half-baked style.

10. honestgabe

honestgabe I

Take a shit in the supplies closet

11. Team Jetfire

Team Jetfire Pop-POP!

News Credits:
    Sounds like it was time for a change.

Good luck finding a new job!

12. Chrono Grimlock

Chrono Grimlock Perfect By Nature

News Credits:
    "Don't ever touch me or it will be the last mistake you make.."

wow

13. MegaMoonMan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    What's wrong with that line? I use it all the time.

There's nothing better than going up to random people, saying that menacingly, and immediately skipping away like a little girl.

14. Jux

Jux Please, call me Steve. Veteran

Depends on how you define "decent." And how much has he actually complained about his coworkers? Has he filed any other complaints before? Can others verify this, or is it more perception?

15. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    You work with assholes. Find a new job. That is all.

16. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Translatorminator

News Credits:
    Harrassment is a huge no-no. That fat retard should be fired.

17. Blunticon

Blunticon The Oddjob

Its time to move on man.

18. rattrap007

rattrap007 Insert witty comment here TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Flipped through the classifieds a bit ago and circled some. Nothing that great, but gotta be better than this. Going out tomorrow to see about getting a job listings thing from a bookstore or something.

Yeah I had it with this crap. This crap is very old. Oh well.

Jux is right. All I need to do is find a new job. Now I got time and real motivation. When I get a new job I'm walking in, quitting and walking out.

The AH3 trio I mentioned are:

James - Big asshole who got suspended. Best buds with AH#2 Chris W. Early 20s.

Chris W. - same age as James. Has a DUI with restricted driving and a 6 month old daughter. Still drinks a lot.

Shannon - Lab Tech (2nd in command). Bitch with attitude who complains about everything. Alcoholic and is only about 22.

funny how I'm a toy collector and I'm a hell of a lot more mature than them.

19. Chrono Grimlock

Chrono Grimlock Perfect By Nature

News Credits:
    Oh me too, I was surprised I'm not the only whoever used that on someone. heh

20. MegaMoonMan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    Do you drink at all? How can you be so sure these people are "alcoholics", and not just people who like to drink?

Perhaps they really are alcoholics, but it seems to me that people who don't drink a drop can sometimes be quick to label people who do alcoholic.