Got some wii points.. What to buy, what to buy...

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by iheartarcee, Dec 12, 2007.

1. iheartarcee

iheartarcee Idonotheartbeastwars

Anyone have any suggestions? I have a Super Nintendo with mario all stars dr mario, tetris and nba jams. I've never played Donkey Kong Country 1 or 2 and that looks like fun and im planning on getting the contra game and ninja gaiden. But does anyone have any other suggestions on what to buy with my points? My parents banned gaming systems when I was a kid so I missed out on almost all these titles so im clueless...

2. seven

seven RIP Poopers 4-1993/5-2008

Super Mario 64, Mario kart 64, and Star Fox 64. The first Donkey Kong Country I loved but the sequels didn't keep me playing much. I also really like the Genesis Sonic the Hedgehog games

3. domientius

domientius Well-Known Member

The N64 titles have the most appeal as they're the hardest to PC emulate and some are probably worth the $10 over the cost of cartridges(Paper Mario especially).

I'd avoid most of the TG16 titles. JJ and Jeff is especially not worth buying.

4. Gnaw

Gnaw Banned

Most of those 64 games would be worth getting.

Starfox would be my choice.

5. Atomsplitter

Atomsplitter Needs a new title.

Super freaking Metroid.

6. Gigatron_2005

Gigatron_2005 President of Calendars

Super Mario 64, Mario kart 64, and Star Fox 64, and Zelda: Ocarina of Time (all for the N64) are all totally classic games, and some of my all time favorites.

Also some things worth recommending are:

Soldier Blade (TurboGrafx): A fun little shooter I really enjoyed.

Contra III(SNES) and Super C(NES): Its pretty awesome, its Contra.

Super Ghouls 'N Ghosts (SNES): This game is just plain hard. Great if you're getting sick of all these modern sissy games where the difficulty goes down Easy Street and doesn't stop until it lands into the middle of the ocean.

Also, since there is a thread about VC games... How is Sin & Punishment? I hear good things, but would this be worth giving away my precious 1200 Wii points?

7. Maverick Hunter Christian

Maverick Hunter Christian Choke on that, causality!

News Credits:
    I've found Devil's Crush for TG-16 to be quite fun, nothing like a few rounds of almost-Satanic-pinball every now and again. Plus the music is really catchy.

I'd certainly recommend Super Metroid, Starfox 64, or any of the Castlevania titles available.

8. MilkManX

MilkManX TF Comicbook Fan

Neo Geo Baseball Stars 2. Fun central.

9. toma

toma eskimo in disguise

dragon's curse and dynastic hero for tg16, (or wonderboy in monster land for genesis, same as dynastic hero with different graphics/music)
    those are the two best tg16 games up there
    gunstar heroes is good too. super metroid is a must. castlevania 2 is one of my faves too

10. Spekkio

Spekkio Master of War

Nintendo Wii Fanboy (nintendowiifanboy.com) has maintained a list of ones to buy.