Got Screwed! (eBay Auction)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TSFC, Feb 7, 2006.

1. TSFC

TSFC Banned

Click the link to the item I just won Saturday evening.
    http://www.qksrv.net/click-1645815-5463217?loc=http://cgi.ebay.com/Rare-Deluxe-Transformers-Cybertron-Green-Downshift-RID_W0QQitemZ6033787169QQcategoryZ49015QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

See? Gone. Vanished, finito. Then I received this email from eBay:

So I went and filed said claim with PayPal, and received this email:

So I'm a little bit like a fish out of water here. I've never had this problem before. So....what do I do? Sit back? Wait? Etc?

It's not that big of a loss of money, it pisses me off and it's the principle of the whole thing, but it's not Earth shattering. *sighs* Fucker.

2. TSFC

TSFC Banned

Btw...the seller's sn is vwbeetle1998 avoid at all costs!

3. Jux

Jux Please, call me Steve. Veteran

Could just be that the guy was suspended because he didn't pay his eBay bill.

4. Predaking

Predaking Well-Known Member

Just wondering, how high was that guy's rating and how many transactions he's made on Ebay? It sucks that this thing happens to you I am sure Paypal will get you your money back.

5. TSFC

TSFC Banned

6. Jux

Don't jump to conclusions. Like I said, it could just be a stupid bill or something. eBay once suspended my account because I forgot I owed them two bucks in seller fees a while back. Wait to see if the item arrives or not, then panic accordingly.

7. TSFC

TSFC Banned

Yeah. Looking back on it now, listening to eBay's Safe Harbor may or may not have been the brightest idea. =\

I would've waited 'til the end of the week to see if it arrived, but with e's email flustering me...clearheadedness went out the window.

8. Optimus-JD

Optimus-JD Team Laser Explosion!

I sold a Ham radio once that fell into their guidelines of No No. The seller paid me and I sent the radio out. A full week later Ebay cancelled the auction and erased all traces of it. He got his radio, I got my money. The only thing we got "screwed" out of was the feedback for the transaction. I wouldn't worry yet. I always thought it was funny that thry could cancel an auction that was complete. hehe

9. TSFC

TSFC Banned

So wait...no feedback even if this does go correctly? Aw shit.

10. Omnibus Prime

Omnibus Prime I'm too old for this shit TFW2005 Supporter

How's that happen?

I thought it was the only option (though it may just have been the easiest option for me and I've since forgotten) that you had to give them your CC number to sell stuff and all the fees and such, if there are any that month, get billed to your CC?

When I do sell stuff, I get messages and e-mails about how I've been 'billed', but all that means is that whatever fees I accumulated will show up on my next CC statement. I don't think Ebay cares if I'm late paying the CC bill. As far as they're concerned, they got paid already. It's MBNA who gets fussy at that point.

11. Jux

I use a debit card, and the card I had on file was one that was damaged and I had my bank replace it with a new card which had a new number. I didn't update my info on eBay, so when they tried withdrawing it, it didn't go through. Combine that with the fact my eBay emails were going to a different account than I use reguarly, I had no clue about my two dollar balance until I opened it up one day and it said "Action required - account suspended." So I paid my two bucks, they turned my account back on, and I put my new card on file.

12. Omnibus Prime

Omnibus Prime I'm too old for this shit TFW2005 Supporter

Ah.

Er..yyyeaaah, I seem to have joined Ebay before debit cards were commonplace. Certainly before I had one anyway.

*strokes gray hair*

I tend to stick to the CC for most online purchases. The debit card however, has all but replaced cash, save for getting change to pay parking meters and feed soda machines.

13. TSFC

TSFC Banned

His ended auctions mentioned having a bank account and PayPal, just activated this week. (Along with his eBay account).

He said by the end of the auctions, all would be squared away and synced.

Well...WTF? I don't remember that problem ever happening. o_O