Got my wife to play Guitar Hero today!

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Omegatron, Feb 26, 2008.

1. Omegatron

Omegatron Mandatory Fun. Buy it now TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    So, after helping her work on my resume, I decided my wife's 'thank you' would be to play a little Guitar Hero. Since I got 'Rocks the 80s' last week for half price, that was what was in. I had her play through 'Bang Your Head' on easy (though, sadly, she failed), then go through the tutorial. After the tutorial, we did a bit of cooperative play with her on easy bass, me on expert guitar. We made it through a few songs, but she was disappointed she didn't do better. Hopefully, she'll practice, and get good enough to do the cooperative mode on GHIII on medium.
    Anyone else here got someone hooked?
    -Tony!

2. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    you shoulda tutored her ala the movie ghost with the pottery making but instead of the spoiling the clay you guys end up mangling the controller.

then you invite whoopi over.

3. jourdo

jourdo TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Yup... wifey digs GH3. She loved it so much convincing her to let me pick up Rock Band was easy. Now we are playing together on that.

4. TheIncredibleHulk

TheIncredibleHulk Find Gary Busey!

My wife loves GH3 more than I do.

5. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    Now get her Rock Band for some real fun.

Not sure how much she'd enjoy GHIII. The first 3 GH games were more about having fun, III was made..pretty much for the hardcore fans.

6. Razerwire

Razerwire 99 Problems... Super Mod

News Credits:
    My wife kicks my ass on all the GH's and Rock Band. I'm not that bad. She only plays expert. I play on hard.

7. Primevil

Primevil *Insert Witty Title Here*

Ebay:
    My sister originally had no interest in Guitar Hero before I picked up GH2 on Black Friday, but she quickly got hooked. By the end of my winter break I was working to try and five star medium in career mode while she was still playing in free play on easy. That was early January.

Except for a brief tryout of GHIII on Wii a little while ago, I haven't touched Guitar Hero since (I wasn't going to try to stuff a guitar controller in my suitcase and hope it survives the flight). I called home the other day, and when I was talking to my sister she told me that she was playing on medium in career mode and had beaten most of my high scores. Unfortunately, she really wants to play some My Chemical Romance songs, and I don't have a 360.

She's still trying to get my dad to try it out. He seems interested, but hasn't played yet.

I'm beginning to think I'll need to buy a second controller soon. Damn, I can't afford that. I still have to pre-order/buy Smash Bros.

8. TheIncredibleHulk

My wife's pretty much obsessed with GH3 right now. She's been playing it for the past 2 hours. She's on The Devil Went Down to Georgia right now as I type this. She plays on medium, I haven't gotten past easy yet. But I've only had it for 2 weeks now, and I spend most of my gaming time on Mass Effect right now.

9. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Moderator

My girlfriend kicks the living shit out of me on Guitar Hero.

10. CrypticIllusionist

CrypticIllusionist Well-Known Member

My friends got me hooked on Guitar Hero...I sucked at it for so long...however, now among the people I know, I'm second best.

11. TheIncredibleHulk

My wife played it till 4am. Still couldn't beat the devil

12. pscoop

pscoop Dead inside

News Credits:
    I got my wife to do bass on Rockband. She likes it. We even made it through Maps with my 5 year old singing. :lol 

13. KidDynamite

KidDynamite don't know nothing Veteran

My wife was completely disinterested in Guitar Hero, but she was surprisingly sold big time when I told her about Rock Band. To her it's the karaoke machine she's always wanted. She LOVES singing and buying new outfits for her character.

14. flywheels

flywheels Decepticon Assault Team Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I've tried to get my wife to play GH with me, but she much prefers to handle the vocals on Rock Band instead. Guess I can't complain too much!

15. llamatron

llamatron Shut up, Nigel. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    My wife just kicks the living shit out of me. HALP ABUSE :( 

She likes Singstar or whatever that horrible thing is. I can't stand it or GH.

16. Katamari Prime

Katamari Prime Hassan Chop! TFW2005 Supporter

My sister works at Best Buy, They have Demo's of Rock band and GH3, SO it's unlikley I'll be able to convince her to try it for herself.
    On a related note- Is "Through the fire and the flames" as painful as I think it is on hard?

17. CrypticIllusionist

CrypticIllusionist Well-Known Member

Just yesterday I failed it at 72%. I have a friend who failed it on Expert at 79%. :( 

18. KidDynamite

KidDynamite don't know nothing Veteran

Hell, "Through the Fire and the Flames" is kind of even painful on EASY. It's the only song I was never able to finish on Medium...usually got around 80% and it all fell apart.

As a point of reference, I am by no means a GH master, but I can 5 star most songs on Medium, except for the Slayer song in the last tier which I could only do 3 stars on. And TTFATF, obviously.

I am not good at fast rhythms.

19. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    Through the Fire and the Flames really isn't all that bad.

Hell, even on expert the single hardest part is the intro. Sure parts after that are still difficult, but if you can get past the intro you shouldn't have too much trouble with the rest of the song. TtFatF isn't the hardest song on the game either, The Devil Went Down to Georgia (not the boss battle mind you) is harder. I've actually found some of the songs on Rock Band (GGaHT, Blackened's solo, Ride the Lightning's solo) to be about as hard as parts of TtFatF.

20. Scrapper6

Scrapper6 Lord of Constructicons

My brother's been pestering me to play one of the games since he started borrowing his girlfriends, so I sat down tonight and tried my hand at it. It was too damn addictive, bear in mind though I've only played Easy and so far only have about five or six songs with five stars. On the 80's one that is.

To be honest though I don't think I could ever master Medium, I tried one song, one song and I just couldn't do it. My hands are way too small for the damn thing just like in Guitar class it hurts the hell trying to jut play on easy mode after a while. Still it's fun, but I think I'll stick to Easy mode for this game series, ain't no shame in that. Right? :lolol 

At least I finally nailed that damn I Ran with 5 stars, some of the last couple of songs are damn annoying what with the double button presses one right after the other, but seeing as how this is my first time, not counting the brief attempt I made on I Ran a few days ago where I got booed off the stage I'd say I've been doing pretty good. I get at least fifty percent or more 100% and the rest is in the 90s for the most part on some of the trickyer songs. Medium... Well if I ever dare to venture it again who can say, if I could grow an extra finger or get bigger hands it might not be so annoyingly difficult.

I doubt my dad could ever play this, you have to get into a rythm and have good reflexive memory, my dad's great in the kitchen, but long term memory use... Well let's just say nine times out of ten he'll call me by one of his brothers names instead of my own. :D 

You know what I'd love to play though, eighties television themes. Cartoons, Sitcoms who cares, I'd love to play like Lion's theme for Transformers with this game or any tune from Jem and the Holograms. Call me quirky if you like, but I'm a fan of such things.