Got my wave 1 deluxe Classics!

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by taterx, Jun 29, 2008.

1. taterx

taterx Lurkin since Transfandom

Hell yeah I walked in to my local Toys R Us 2 minutes before closing time and there they were on the pegs beside the movie deluxe. $10.99 ea. Can't wait for the Ultras to come out. These three figures are awesome! My classic shelf is getting crowded and I'm loving it.

2. Mechafire

Mechafire Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    *Mechabreaker is extremely jealous*

3. wipedout

wipedout Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Congrats, hopefully I'll have Prowl and Streaker this week sometime. My Tankor came over the weekend and love him.

4. taterx

taterx Lurkin since Transfandom

I was glad to see the hand had molding on the inside to look like a fist. I relay thought it would be a hole in the nosecone only.

5. Noisemaze2006

Noisemaze2006 Banned

I wish the ultra's would show up. The only one I'm planning to pick up is Onslaught. (I have Powerglide & Silverbolt pre-ordered at HLJ). The deluxes just aren't doin anything for me this time around.:(  Probably cuz I already have waaaay too many cars.

Come to think of it, the deluxes from the 1st line sucked too. I don't know why I wasted my money on them!?!? :crazy: 

6. zeroXII

zeroXII metallicon

News Credits:
    Really? I thought Hot Rod & Mirage were decent figures. Astrotrain and Ramjet i'm not too crazy about though.

There should really be more molds more Classics Decepticons. They've only got a few unique molds and tons of repaints.:mad 

7. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    Congrats.

No real interest in most of the line myself. Want to get Prowl and Onslaught, maybe Octane.

More interested in some of the 25th anniv. stuff.

8. Noisemaze2006

Noisemaze2006 Banned

Oh yeah! DOH! Mirage is one of my all time favorite figures (I can't wait to get Fracture). I have him sitting right here in front of me. I was thinking of Bumblebee, Cliffjumper & the seekers when I posted that. I loved the seekers when I first got them but now after getting the ultra sized MP seekers I hate the Classics & wish I didn't waste my money on them. Okay,I stand corrected, some of the deluxes sucked. And even though I like Astrotrain,I think the triple changers should be bigger.

9. zeroXII

zeroXII metallicon

News Credits:
    I think most of us, if not all, will agree on that.

Personally, i think the Henkei release of Starscream really did wonders for the mold. It may not compare to the masterpiece, sure, but as a standalone toy, it works rather well.

10. IhsantheCursed

IhsantheCursed Banned

I dont agree. The G1 Triplechangers were mostly quite smaller in comparisen, and the Classic Deluxe ones are decent sized bots. I likem'.

11. omega knight

omega knight Chibi lancelot launch

News Credits:
    hmm wheres the link to the list of em >.<

12. kenm2474

kenm2474 LORD DC TFW2005 Supporter

I just won Onslaught last night on Ebay and I have preorderd all the first wave from Digital-Toys and am really excited about haveing some new classics on my shelf soon. Nothing has been able to be added for a while because of the Movie line.

13. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    That's sweet, dude. I couldn't find all of wave one.

So far I have two confirmed buys, three possibles:

Got: Sunstreaker. (I'm in love with this fig. Vehicle mode is flawless. It's like every seem was straegically placed to improve the look and keep the clean curves of the car. Robot mode is equally impressive. It's Sunstreaker all right, no two ways about it)

Gonna get fo' sho': Sideswipe. (You can't have 'Streaker without 'Swipe. Golden mould plus happenin' colours and based off a personal fave. Not to mention the whole modified transformation deal is tight)

Maybes: Silverstreak (calling him Bluestreak. Hate the mould but loved his character and colours) Onslaught (pricey. Oversized and overpriced Voyager, but still, it's Onslaught, and he's pretty cool) and Octane. (Again, I loved Octane, but this mould has too many flaws that I don't know if I can overlook)

They were also bricks with wacky porportions and some of them (Broadside) had really messed up alt modes. Just think: Astrotrain rocked, but imagine if they did him and Octane as Voyagers? They could've been so much cooler. Don't get me wrong, Astrotrain is still FTW.

14. IhsantheCursed

IhsantheCursed Banned

Yeah , but your missing something dude. we're not discussing wether or not the G1 Triplechangers were cool. I was makeing a size comparisen. Thats all. Although I agree with you for the most part I feel there size (The Classics 'Triples), is appropriate.

15. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    You missed what I was saying completely. I wasn't debating that the G1 Triplechangers were cool, I was just using them as an example and comparing them to modern Triplechangers size, which I think might work to their advantage if they were bigger.

16. IhsantheCursed

IhsantheCursed Banned

No , I didnt miss what you were saying. You ALSO commented on the fact most of the G1 TC's were unarticulate,ect, which implies thoughts on their coolness, which is besides the point. I CAN quote you if you like dude...

Anyhow, if the Classics TC's were Voyagers , how would Hasbro fill the deluxe "gap" for missing bots? Someone would have to be cut. Also..everyone cant be a Voyager dude. Not to mention th ewallet hurtin' that would happen.

17. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Whoa, where'd the snippiness come from?

Yeah I commented on the G1 TCs, but that wasn't my point. My point is I think it's about time we got some classics Voyager TCs. And they could fill the deluxe quota with any number of characters, and I'm not saying everyone needs to be a Voyager, but I would like to have more than one TC Voyager.

Ah well, we still have Springer to look forward to in the future. We know Hasbro has the name as they're using him for 25th line.

18. IhsantheCursed

IhsantheCursed Banned

Yeah , Im looking forward to Springer too. Whos the "one" TC Voyager?

...eh...sorry if I was "snippy". :( 

19. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Animated Blitzwing. (Has his faults, but solid and functional) I think there are other Voyager sized guys with like, third add-on modes, but he's got three distict forms that are entirely separate.

S'alright dude. That's why they call it a "heated discussion". :lol 

20. Ziero

Ziero TFW2005 Supporter

I don't have any of em yet, but I do plan on getting most of them. Though I did learn one great thing from this thread, and that's to get my Red Powerglide from HLJ. It's a good $20 price difference before shipping over BBTS or any other place I can find him. Now I just need to find a cheap place to get my henkai Skyfire :D