Got my MP Rodimus today, all is well

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Prime Aspect, Feb 8, 2011.

1. Prime Aspect

Prime Aspect Visual Synthesis Engineer

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Got my Rodimus from BBTs today, and all is well. No broken parts, and I was able to get him to transform properly and roll with all four wheels on the ground. Not trying to gloat, just wanted to put out a data point that not all MP Rodimus toys are broken out of the box.

I made a short video of him rolling, and I can (when I get the time in a few days) put together a vid of tips and tricks for getting him into car mode properly.

YouTube - RodimusPrime01

I think my experience with $200 Yamato Macross figures (not to mention 25 years of Trans-fandom) has helped me a bit to figure out some of the kinks.

2. Blackout32

Blackout32 Subdivisions

Very glad you posted this and that vid so now you have eased my worries abit about buying this guy next month.

3. Prime Aspect

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    You're welcome. Rodimus is a very finicky figure, and it took me a good 45 minutes of messing with him to get the car mode looking proper. You definitely need to handle him much more carefully than just about any Transformer figure, but it's not a guarantee that you'll break him.

4. [Wing_Saber-X]

[Wing_Saber-X] BATTLE GAIA!

News Credits:
    Thanks so much to you for helping out! :D 
    Im gentle with my toys too..;) 

5. PowermasterJazz

PowermasterJazz Well-Known Member

He's easily my favorite MP. If you're a Rodimus fan you can't be without it

6. Blackout32

Blackout32 Subdivisions

I know what ya mean cause you have given me some insight when I get mine next month. I will handle him like I handle my MP Megatron which is VERY carefull so for all this help I once again say thanks my friend. I probly won't even transformer my MP roddy when I get mine cause I would be afraid I might break him but even though I would be super super careful I wouldn't want to take no chance. Thats what I did with my MP Megatron is that I haven't even transformer him 1 time into gun mode cause I am afraid to do that so I am basically going to keep my MP roddy in the box and not mess with him.

7. Prime Aspect

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Of course, I then go and open the rest of my BBTS shipment, and find that "Special Ops Jazz" only has 1 speaker. :(  I guess he's now the limited edition "Monophonic Jazz"

8. Autoclot

Autoclot Well-Known Member

Mine seems in unbroken condition, too, although I look forward to your "how to get it rolling" video, as I completely failed to achieve that :) 

9. Nightrain

Nightrain Senior Villain

News Credits:
    I was relieved to find mine unbroken as well. Although since I try to transform them without instructions, I haven't figured out the legs so I don't know if I'm out of the woods yet.

10. igniz1984

igniz1984 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I received mine last thursday in the mail and I just took him out of the box to make sure everything was okay, which it was but I'm still paranoid about transforming him.

11. Angelwave

Angelwave Physical Maintenance.....

News Credits:
    Oh well this is good news, for those who have been apprehensive on getting him. Well....it's a toss up anyways. Better than all of them having issues. :D 

12. Deadsled

Deadsled Energon Recovery

News Credits:
    mine's waiting for me at home as I type this...

Hope all is well

13. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

I haven't opened mine yet. All the reviews on here have scared the excitement clean out of me!

14. imajinaxn

imajinaxn Member

Ebay:
    Got mine yesterday. I tried to transform him into car mode once. It went kind of meh but I got most of it. The worst part was the feet and legs. When I transformed him back though one foot doesn't feel right. I also for some reason can't get the blasters to stay in his hands either. I'm debating giving him gundam hands or finding some seeker hands and just leaving him in bot mode forever.

Just want to add that it looks awesome standing next to my G1, revoltech, Battle in Space and protector armor classics Roddy. I didn't open the crystal sons of cybertron or animated Roddy so those will have to remain hidden.

15. Laservampire

Laservampire Well-Known Member

Mine is unbroken, but has quite a few stress marks. If the shin panels clipped right in car mode I'd be totally happy :) 

16. Doug

Doug Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Mine arrived yesterday. I haven't had a chance to open it and check.