Got my first Soul of Chokogin: Eva Unit 01

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Cheebs, Jul 13, 2006.

1. Cheebs

Cheebs Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    Doh! I spelled "Chogokin" wrong!

First off... these things are freakin' expensive. They're "get a better job" expensive. Eva 01 was around $75 shipped new in sealed box. My point n' shoot camera doesn't do the beauty of this thing justice. I will do a full photo shoot next week with my professional camera and lights once my Revoltech Eva 01 comes in for a comparison.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And here is a photo comparing the SOC to Kaiyodo's old Eva:

[​IMG]

The SOC is something else. I've never seen anything quite like it. It is almost all metal. HEAVY. Sometimes the joints can't hold it up. But the payoff is it's beautiful. Paint is applied with loving care. Very even. Very accurate. Very shiny.

Articulation wise it falls in-between the old Kaiyodo Eva and the new Revoltech Kaiyodo Eva (I have the yellow Revoltech Eva in my hands already). The SOC has great articulation, yes...but it can't touch the way the Revoltech can move.

Anyway, anybody else out there collect SOCs? Any recommendations? I'm dying to get a MazingerZ, but aside from that I don't know. Gigantor does look pretty cool tho'.

2. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Super Mod

News Credits:
    Voltes V. Runs out of stock fast but people have been dying to get their hands on this and wishing it would come out for the past 20 years or so. It finally did and from what I hear does NOT dissapoint. Collectiondx.com has a good review on it!

Aquarion....complex but if you like transforming toys maybe you will love it. Designed by the same guy who did Macross.

If you want to kill your wallet, Dancougar

3. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Awesome & congrats on getting him.
    Some day....

4. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Awesome haul! From the pictures, it seems that Bandai has resolved the "split shin" problems that plaugued the original releases.

5. Night Flame

Night Flame TFW2005 Supporter

Get the Angels. I have a couple of them and I gotta say, for not being transformable, they are some of the most fun I've ever had with a toy. Get the "A" types and the paint jobs are just awe inspiring.

And who could disagree with boob missiles being the coolest idea EVER? I thought I had pictures of that laying around somewhere, but it looks like I deleted them. Oh well.

6. Emperor Mengde

Emperor Mengde Instrumentalist

I really like the SOC Eva 01, especially since it's the only SOC I have. I like the Revoltech Eva as well, but the lack of ball jointed hips really irks me. However, at least you can repose the Revoltech without fear of any sort of die cast chipping (something that I'm always paranoid of with metal toys).

As for recommendations, BBTS has both Mazinger Z and Great Mazinger on preorder for $69.99, which is a very good price. I'd say pick up one of those (personally I recommend Great Mazinger, if only for the double swords). Also, the new Gaiking release (not GX-05R, the other one that's just the robot) won toyboxdx's toy of the year so that one might be worth picking up as well (I know I want one).

7. Cheebs

Cheebs Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    Yeah, I've been browsing the Angels on BBTS. I think after Mazinger Z I'll get one of those next. The fembot with the huge spiked ball n' chains hanging from her nipples is pretty dang cool.