Got my DS Lite today.

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Superman_Alpha, Jun 10, 2006.

1. Superman_Alpha

Superman_Alpha TF: Animated FTW!!!

My local game store is closed Sundays & Mondays, so they let me pick one up today. The little thing is just so cool looking compared to that Tonka toy they released before it. It looks like a mini-iBook.

I traded in a half dozen old GBA carts that I didn't play anymore (GT Advance, Golden Sun, Sega Smash Pack, etc) and got a Big Brain Academy with my Lite too, for just under $125. Which is cool since I didn't have any extra $$ this week for any games, so I figured that I'd just end up playing my other GBA carts till payday.

I'll go grab Metroid Prime Hunters or NSMB then. They're both $33.99, since they're the only place in town that sells video games anymore aside from Wal-mart. I just got Super Mario Advance for just over $13 this week tho, so it'll probably be Metroid.

I'm letting my DSL charge now. I gotta go in to work at midnight, but there's no way I'll get to sleep knowing this is out here, so I grabbed a copy of Bad Boys II to chyeck out one of the only Michael Bay movies that I hadn't seen yet. That'll kill a couple hours while I wait anyway.

So I'll just sit here. Watching my movie. Watching my DSL fully charge.

3 hours to charge. 2 hours and 50 minutes left to go.

Sigh.

2. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Reason Has No Voice

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It's a really great piece of hardware. I've had mine for over a week now and it still impresses me. Congrats and enjoy!

3. Master Megatron

Master Megatron Action Bastard

:useless 

4. RabidYak

RabidYak Go Ninja Go Ninja Go

I'll be giving the Lite a miss, my big man hands have enougth trouble with the regular DS and I can't imagine that an even smaller one is going to do me any favors.

5. Liokaiser_bf

Liokaiser_bf Kaiju-bot

I plan to get one and, NSMB. Funny how I got it for my cousin on her Birthday and from me playing it I got her all the way to level 6 (well with help from another cuz.)

Still I want to try and find all the secrets and stuff and her DS touch screen got broke thanks to two friends fighting over the system. (she was asleep) She shoulda told them to wake her up and ask but noooo.

Oh well, only thing can't do is go back to other worlds and use the powerups.

Anyway, it'll be an early B-day gift to me.

6. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I've had mine for a few weeks now, and its fantastic. The great thing is a lot of the older games are going on clearance or special deals, I picked up Project rub for under £5 and just picked up NFS: Underground 2 for £10.

I wouldn't want to pay full price for a handheld game, but at around a tenner they're worth it.

7. Superman_Alpha

It's depends on the game. i'll go for used if I can, but the shop near me is tiny, so they don't have a lot. they didn't even have Brain Age or Animal Crossing, new or used.

EBgames is the same for used DS too. Hardly any big games in stock because of the heavy demand for DS right now. I'm going to get a few cheap games off of ebay tho.

8. OmegaSaber

OmegaSaber Your buttcheeks is warm

Ebay:
    Picked mine up yesterday with NSMB. I later picked up Mario Kart and today I got Meteos. I'm kind of irritated because I wanted to get Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney, and my friend that works at Game Crazy told me how they're out of print and going for $50 or more on eBay now. Well he proceeds to tell me that they have a copy there (as well as Trauma Center), but he has it on hold so he can sell it on eBay. Normally he doesn't pull that crap and if he has something on hold that I express interest in he lets me get it, but not this time.

So if anyone can find or is willing to sell me a copy for retail I'd appreciate it.

9. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    well, another shipment of Phoenix Wright goes out next week, so the joke's on him

10. OmegaSaber

Ebay:
    Yeah I read that after I typed my post, then I messaged him and told him to sell it to me because it's soon to be worthless (well, as far as aftermarket prices go). I was hoping that would happen!

11. OmegaSaber

Ebay:
    I know it's off topic, but I went and bought Phoenix Wright from my friend's store today. The game is great!

12. Superman_Alpha

I'm thinking about getting that one myself. I'm really loving BBA, and I'm finding myself wanting more of these non-traditional kinda games. Sadly, there's not much selection for anything but PS2 games locally, either at the local game store or Wally mart, so I'll probably get that kinda stuff online.