Got my dream car this week.... 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Evil Porkchop, Jun 11, 2010.

1. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    That's cool. Yeah, I was going to give you shit about it if you said you weren't going to. :lol 

My wife had the racing stripes on her Mustang done at the dealership - it was one of the things she had rolled into the purchase price of the vehicle. I've heard her and her dad go over and over the same point - vinyl stripes mean that there's still the same paint scheme undernear, meaning the exposed paint will fade while the vinyl-covered paint wouldn't - and vinyl can be removed. I mean, I'm pretty sure you know all this shit, but I'm 99% putting this here for those who don't know it yet.

I obviously don't know your local area well enough to know whether the dealership has trustworthy painters or not, but you could always bend their ear and find out if they can do them for less than the $1200-1500 approx. you mentioned. That's a kidney!

2. Vladakris

Vladakris Predacon

Im not a fan of american cars, but this is a nice looking car.

3. Blue Meanie

Blue Meanie Hello from the Gutter

Awesome man, I am jealousy. I have been holding out for the Z28, still don't know if I am going to get one or build an SS. I want one sooooo bad though. My wife said I cannot buy another car for 2 more years anyway, because I blew so much cash on my old SS.

here is my old camaro
    YouTube - The LS7 on the Dyno

YouTube - LS7 Idle

4. Sportimus

Sportimus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    ^Wow, that thing is LOUD! :) 

5. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:
    The LS7 is a BEAST of an engine. Holden Australia also put said engine to work in what was known as the HSV W427

[​IMG]

Also, rumours abound (Source: Wheels Magazine Australia, September Issue) of a Z28 Camaro with a supercharged, 6.2 Litre, LSA V8. I'm no huge GM fan, but, I'd have one.

6. Blue Meanie

Actually that is now confirmed. The new bodywork on the TF3 Camaro is DEFINITELY the Z28 body. I am chomping at the bit to get one. I will have a new set of forged pistons and rods to throw in that sucker as soon as I get it, and I am crankin the boost, immediately!

7. Sportimus

News Credits:
    No doubt it will cost more than the SS, topping over $40K, sadly. You'll be spinning your wheels more than anything else as they will struggle to find traction with that much power to deal with.

I saw a bright yellow Camaro today on the way to Walmart. It was a V-6, but man, it was actually very quick as I coaxed him to produce the hp goods at the red light. ;)  Not bad at all for not just a V-6. I keep hearing people complain about the massive blind spots on the car, and the narrow windows. But, I still can't help but find myself drooling all over every time I see one on the road.

8. firehawc_69

firehawc_69 cloppers = ignore list

News Credits:
    Actually the traction control is pretty good. You can still spin the wheels, but you're really more likely to do it when it's disengaged.

9. Blue Meanie

Traction control is for people who can't drive, or for mommy wagons hauling kids. Sliding sideways is where the fun is at. Besides I am used to running useless amounts of power, I run Nitto 555RII front tires, and 555R drag radials in the back. I will be switching to NT01 all round when those go away. Gotta pay to play.

10. firehawc_69

firehawc_69 cloppers = ignore list

News Credits:
    I prefer the no tickets for exhibition of speed reason.

11. Blue Meanie

Well if your running in the street that's a whole nother level of worry besides a ticket. There are drag strips and road coarses for hammering a car.

12. Trailbreaker77

Trailbreaker77 Camaro Club! Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yes, I put the RotoFab CAI on it very easy to do and I got it painted yellow to match the car. I have also done exhaust 5" tips Magnaflow you can not go any bigger unless you get a different back skirt. I am not doing any tune on my car until after the warranty is up. Plus I don't take my car to the track so really a tune on my car would be pointless.

13. Sportimus

News Credits:
    How much of a difference does a RotoFab CAI make? Never knew anyone who had one. Does a cold air intake boost hp?

14. Evil Porkchop

Evil Porkchop Pork, the evil white meat

Short answer is... Yes. The real question is by how much. Some only add another 10 HP, while others claim to add 20+HP.

15. Trailbreaker77

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    There is a chart of all the different CAI brands on a dyno so you can compare them. I picked Rotofab first because it can be customized and it was one of the higher HP gains without preforming a tune on the car.

16. Evil Porkchop

Evil Porkchop Pork, the evil white meat

Do you got the link for that chart?

17. Trailbreaker77

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Here is a link to the spreadsheet CAI TEST you don't want to go into that thread. Almost as bad as some of the kids on here, if you know what I mean.