Got my afterburners handed to me in several eBay Auctions.

Discussion in 'Transformers On Ebay' started by Cybertronian, Mar 27, 2012.

1. Cybertronian

Cybertronian Well-Known Member

Some guy who (says he) bought dozens of rare pre-Transformers label sheets from a former Hasbro employee was selling them on eBay. Out of the ones he had, was hoping to win at least one of them.

The ones of I was most interested in was the Diaclone Smokescreen sheet. If I got it, instead of using it (which I'd really want to do), I'd try to get copies made by some of the best reproduction labellers (not a nod to any one company) the community has. I would have done the same with the Thundercracker sheet he had. Among the others he had were lots for JS-11/Mirage, MC-12 (13?) Megatron, Transformers Jetfire (which I have, but it's always nice to have a second), and 2 huge lots with Variant 1 of the Decepticon Planes' sheets (sharp-cornered Decepticon symbols, like the box photos) & the Aerialbots' and another with about 7 or 8 Autobot Cars' sheets (Jazz, TF Mirage, Sunstreaker, Wheeljack, Hoist (I think -- no writing in knee decals), Prowl, Grapple, and Hound).

Yes, I'm ranting, but I could really use Diaclone Smokescreen and Sunstreaker's (2x) sheets, and always welcome more sharp-cornered Seeker sheets (especially one for Starscream).

2. wildfly

wildfly Right notes. Wrong order.

News Credits:
    A bit O/T but i had no idea a diaclone sticker sheet could reach the bones of 200.00

3. Cybertronian

Cybertronian Well-Known Member

Either this guy had a second Smokescreen sheet, or someone overbid and couldn't pay, because I finally won that Smokescreen sheet the second time around. I'd still like to have Reprolabels or a similar company give it the once-over, and give other people a chance to apply the "DATSUN" labels to Smokescreen's top white door stripe, and the "NISSAN" logo to his trunk (under the spoiler).