got MP-10 Optimus Prime but...

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by maximus_73, Mar 30, 2012.

1. Vasili

Vasili Well-Known Member

I originally bought MP9 and MP11 when I initially got into the Masterpiece line. I loved how G1 accurate they were and really enjoyed having them. A short time later I got MP10 and was blown away by how well he was made and he just "pops" out at you like the others dont. Handling him and rodimus is like handling a sports car compared to an economy car. The Rodimus QC issues were more apparent once I had Prime in my hands. I feel like I overpaid for Rodimus (If I could do it over i'd buy the hasbro version). Optimus was even more expensive but I could care less...he's that badass. I know the Hasbro version will be much cheaper but its hard to regret something when you get so much enjoyment out of it. Besides its nice having a few Takara Masterpieces(the boxes are gorgeous and will always be on display just like the figures.

2. Kranix

Kranix Banned

To the OP.... MP-9 is not in scale with MP-10 in any shape form or fashion. mp-9 is closer to being in scale to mp-01 when you consider robot size in relation to each other and humans, as well in regards to vehicle mode (though space winebago mode is not in scale with anything but itself)
    otherwise your post is spot on and i love mp-10, just waiting for the us release to pick up a 2nd for alt mode display.

3. daddytron

daddytron Made of too much clear plastic

I just got MP-10 a month ago and I love it. It's THE Prime as far as I'm concerned. Still love my MP-01 (actually Hasbro DVD edition, admittedly the worst form of that mold) but the MUCH better MP-10 vehicle mode plus the greater stability make the newer one better for me. I do miss the moving faceplate and glowing Matrix on the newer one.

On a different note, I find MP-09 and MP-10 perfectly in scale as robots if you have Rodimus in Prime robot mode. Vehicle mode is a other story but I don't display my figures in vehicle mode.

4. Kylehudson14

Kylehudson14 On when I'm on

Id say they both do have their good points. MP-04 is huge, all die-cast & is a very good likeness to the original G1 cartoon. MP-10 is more anime looking, more realistic & is newer. Personally Id go with the MP-10 b/c I like the look alot more & the scaling is better. :) 

5. Optimus1116

Optimus1116 Autobot

News Credits:
    To me, they are both very nice, but MP-10 is basically an improved (and scaled down) version of MP-01. So MP-10 wins for me.

6. Kranix

Kranix Banned

they are not in scale just because they are the same height.... mp-09 will look way out of scale after we get sideswipe

7. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The vehicles may not in scale but I believe most of us go for robot scale accuracy. Well, at least most of the collectors I know do that. Frankly, its this new rebooted scale that regenerated interest in the MP line and TFs for me as I was finding the product er, boring.

8. daddytron

In vehicle mode(s) absolutely. However in the animation Rodimus Prime (not Hot Rod) is depicted as being the same height as Optimus. So for the purposes I care about- MP 9 and 10 are in scale with each other, at least in robot mode. I think Sideswipe is much too short compared to either of them, especially at the price Takara seems to be asking, but oh well. Sideswipe was not a character I cared about that much as a kid and that largely dictates my purchases. I just hope Takara can pull something off looks, gimmicks or engineering wise because I can't see how a figure that small is worth more than 50-60 bucks, especially considering that Rodimus went for $70 domestically and he was much larger and richer in features.

9. Kranix

Kranix Banned

10. daddytron

Lol fair enough. Although the two of them did coexist in prime form at least twice on the g1 series and one more time in that shitty headmasters show right before Optimus kicked the bucket again.

11. Kranix

Kranix Banned

True

12. Powersa

Powersa Car Robots

News Credits:
    I'm guessing the new Sideswipe/bot cars are meant to fit in MP-10's trailer, hence smaller.

13. tactikill decoy

tactikill decoy Well-Known Member

ive put mp10 optimus,tru masterpiece grimlock,starscream and skywarp together. got a few classics and generations as well.(rodimus, bumblebee,smokescreen,cyclonus) .i debated wether to get mp01 or mp04, but along came a truly superior creation. mp-01 is the cassette playing walkman, mp04 was the potable cd player, and mp10 is the mp3 player. to get to the next level(iphone) it must learn to transform its self on command!

14. Superquad7

Superquad7 OCP Police Crime Prevention Unit 001 Super Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    I'm currently enjoying MP-10, but that's because he's one of the new bots on the shelf with my collection. I see little reason to rid my collection of MP version 1.

15. Seeker

Seeker Time Lord

Ebay:
    From what I've seen one is not hugely superior to the other. They both have strengths and weaknesses that put them on par with each other.

16. opt1musaber

opt1musaber Victory Saber's Recruit

News Credits:
    I still don't agree with the Takara MP-10's price tag. Everyone here keeps mentioning it's more anime accurate and thus it's better but it's not like MP-4 was way off the mark. I still find MP-4's robot mode more convincing than MP-10's but not only that he had plenty of awesome gimmicks, what does MP-10 have... Spike that can interact with Prime, Roller and trailer, he has nothing else not even a wrist communicator.

17. [Wing_Saber-X]

[Wing_Saber-X] Takara Fanboy Collector

News Credits:
    while I tend to agree on your assessment of MP-01/04, I like MP-10 personally because in bot mode it evokes the physical accuracy and aura of the G1 Prime animation model better, IMHO.

18. opt1musaber

opt1musaber Victory Saber's Recruit

News Credits:
    This is one of those debates that can go on forever seemingly, in the end though it's all preference and taste. I'll admit one thing though, this year is undoubtedly one of the best years for transformer collectors with the amount of releases and re-releases of figures, I seriously am spinning around in circles on what and what not to buy :banghead: 

19. Stepper

Stepper Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Maybe Yes,maybe No but hopefully the actual toy pic will be out soon.

20. Kranix

Kranix Banned

boy i love the people that complain yet dont own MP-10 or havent at least seen it in person... thats like saying food tastes bad before you've eaten.