Got held up at gun point tonight

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Primal, Feb 1, 2012.

1. Primal

Primal Moderator

News Credits:
    I was coming home from work tonight and had just gotten off the bus. I was walking home, I noticed two guys ahead of me walking on the other side of the street. We continued walking to the end of the block where they stopped and starting talking to themselves "where's [street name]? down that way is the school, over there is the train tracks".

I continued on my way since they weren't talking to me, passing them and turning to the shortcut across the dead end (there are no lights, one side has train tracks, the other side is just backyards to peoples homes)

I'm crossing the dead end and I hear them behind me trying to figure out where they are going. I'm almost through to the street again and the light and one calls out to me asking for directions. I turn and start telling him then the other one calls from behind me. I turn around and he's got a gun pointed at me. I'm there thinking, 'oh great, this is happening?'

They ask for my money, blah blah blah, the whole deal. They went through my jacket and bag and got my phone (Nexus S), iPod Touch (2nd Gen), their chargers and some money. I wasn't injured in anyway, so that's a plus.

As soon as they left me, I ran home since I live 5 houses away from the dead end. I get inside and called the police. I go through the whole story with them. They sent out like 5 cars probably due to the fact one of them had a gun. My brother gets in his car before they showed up and goes looking for guys that match my description (which wasn't much to go by, it was dark since there were no lights, they were wearing dark clothes).

He was eventually able to find them still in the area and followed as best he could, but they split up when he stopped them asking for directions. He was able to call into 911 and give live updates when he was tracking them (instead of calling me to tell me and having me tell the officers). I'll find out more from him when he gets home from rehearsal.

I went down to the police station and gave a video statement of what I could remember. Thankfully, the police were able to catch one of them and I got half my stuff back. Just missing my iPod and phone charger. The main item was my phone.

I believe the one with the gun is still out there, but they have dogs searching the area where they picked up the other guy.

Fun times...

2. XxGeck0xX

XxGeck0xX デストロン 情報

News Credits:
    Glad to hear your alright, I'd rather have my stuff taken then to be killed. I hope they catch the other guy though.

3. firehawc_69

firehawc_69 cloppers = ignore list

News Credits:
    Damn, scary.

4. Predaking

Predaking Well-Known Member

That reminds of the time when I was at a bank when it was robbed by 3 men wearing ski masks and black clothes... in the middle of the day no less. Glad you escape unharmed.

5. TFtoycollector

TFtoycollector I'm British i am

News Credits:
    Glad your ok man. Hope they catch the other little punk.

6. optics

optics Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Man, that sucks. At least your fine and well. Hopefully they catch that other guy. Keep us updated. So whats to happen with the guy that they did catch?

7. KnightSaberAmi

KnightSaberAmi Nyan Nyan

Thank God you're safe! Glad to hear they're going to get these bastards!

8. pinoy78

pinoy78 Shoji Kawamori having FUN

Good to hear you made it out unscathed.

I hope you get all your stuff back.

9. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    damn thats scary as hell glad your safe.

10. Deceptijohn

Deceptijohn Metallikato Master

News Credits:
    Glad you made it through man that's some hairy stuff.

Can you legally carry a concealed weapon in your area? I have no concept of Canadian gun laws. I have legally carried a concealed weapon every day for the last 15 years. It is ridiculously cheap and easy to get a CCW license in my state(AL). I have never had occasion to fire my weapon in self-defense and I hope I never do, but there is no substitute for self-reliance when it comes to defense of your person. The cops can't stop anything, they can only clean up the mess.

11. KnightSaberAmi

KnightSaberAmi Nyan Nyan

I'm evil, I had an afterthought, after they get found guilty and all that I would sue them for damages; a new phone, Ipad, my doctors bills, the works. More importantly I'm glad you're safe, stuff is stuff you hate to lose it but your life is more important.

12. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    And this is the important part. I work in a jail and let me say, a lot of these people don't even think twice about their actions. They'll kill you today and cry about it tomorrow....

You should really be thanking your lucky stars:2c: 

13. DilaZirK

DilaZirK Is bullheaded.

News Credits:
    Damn. That's scary stuff.

Glad you're alright, and that the police managed to get one of em so far at least.

14. Allsparky

Allsparky Bayou Buah!

Wow! Good deal that you're ok Primal. Stuff is just that, stuff, but it's cool you got some back. Seems like most robberies don't end out so well. :) 

15. DilaZirK

DilaZirK Is bullheaded.

News Credits:
    *Double post*

Last edited: Feb 2, 2012
  16. KnightSaberAmi

KnightSaberAmi Nyan Nyan

Deputy or CO? I did 8yrs as a LEO in a Jail and in that business and do you ever speak truth.

17. Primal

Primal Moderator

News Credits:
    According to Wikipedia, yes, but you need to apply for a permit, which they can deny.

18. jordy

jordy Banned

News Credits:
    bro I know what this is like as something similar happened to me, was living in ashare house that was split level and the main room with the tv (my tv) was communal. the top level had mainly unsavory people living there and one of them attacked me when I wanted to change the channel after a long hard day at work. We got into a fight as he attacked me and he ran off the loser.

The next night I got home and thought I should be the bigger man and appologise, well he had every one upstairs which was 3 guys attack me, one of them pushed me down staris and yelled "I'm going to bury you!" I ran into my room and then went to my mates room who was trying to protect me. Well I heard them yelling from down the hall and because I had a small area which had my collection in it from g1 to today plus my dremal kit they grabbed those items and started to throw them around, I lost my dremal, skylinx, gnaw, high brow with head master, g1 jetfire and my fortress maxamus which I had the both cerebros and spike for as well. After that I couldnt look at the figures that were still there except for one which I always had in my room (that one being mp grimlock as he was given to me as bday gift.) I sold all the others, movie, animated, classics, G1 and yeah at that point I never wanted to collect again.

Recently I have gotten back into collecting though and back into kitbashing as you an all see lol, it was a dark time for me back then and well I kept asking for a matrix to light my darkest hour like a ultra git but had to realise that I had to earn it and I am glad I have.

19. KA

KA Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Kudos on u and cops quick action n good to know ur alright.

Fact that u felt they were acting suspicious early on for u to evrn notice em, shoulda headed to a safe place to lay low (a convenient store or coffee place) for awhile. Take care mang.

20. exclusacon

exclusacon Expert with the Scopes!

News Credits:
    Wow....I heard Toronto is kinda gutter....most important thing is you are ok....

Truthfully after being violated like, I wouldnt want the stuff....my car was stolen once....got it back, but felt so violated, I end up selling it....