Got broke into this weekend and...

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Ruination04, May 10, 2011.

1. Ruination04

Ruination04 8 Years Old Since 1984!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Sorry to post this in the toy forum but thought it was kinda unusual as it pertains to one of my TF toys....

I came home Sunday night from a Mother's Day dinner with my mom and found that my house had been broken into. The bastards smashed my front door in, stole my tv, my Wii and my digital cameras. Then they opened my fridge looking for something and left it open. they slid my mattress over off the bed. they busted out the screen in my son's room and hauled the shit out the window, dropping DVDs everywhere, all throughout his room and the ground outside.

But what was strange, I have 3 bookcases in my bedroom. Most of what is on it are my MISB G1 reissues & KOs. I have a collection of loose Classics and various other figures. Whoever the bastard was picked up Animated Swindle, looked at him and laid him back on the top of another box....I thought it was odd they would pick one up and look at it.

Makes me sick to my stomach to know some asshole was in my house. To make matters worse, I sprained my ankle as soon as I came home and realized what happened. I darted up the steps and hit one the wrong way and just rolled my ankle. This has just left me feeling totally helpless.

Any one ever been broken into like this? How do you deal with it? What's the chances of them coming back?

2. Brooticus

Brooticus "You bred Raptors?"

News Credits:
    Wow thats harsh, man. However, could swindle = fingerprints?

3. Ruination04

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    We never found any place that could have fingerprints..... :( 

4. JavaJim

JavaJim Agilisticobot

Ebay:
    That's why you get a dog. Get a rescue. They bond to you, and are typically terrified of others. 60+ lbs should do the trick. :) 

5. adconx2

adconx2 Cybertron D-Block

Ebay:
    Damn that suck! I hope the Coppers gets them.

6. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    Get a security system, or move to a better neighborhood.

7. Tigertrack

Tigertrack Back In The Game!

You'd be surprised what they can pull fingerprints off of. Ask your local police station if they have a lab that can do fingerprinting and if you find one, take your toy to them and said I know they touched this, so dust it for prints.

8. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    Good luck having yoru B and E solved. Cops have more important things to do liek bust the guy smoking a pinner.

9. fabexmax

fabexmax Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah you'd be surprised. I say at least contact the police about possible prints on the Swindle! How fucking ironic would that be that Swindle could help bring a criminal to justice! Seriously I hop ethey catch the a-holes that broke in your crib man.

10. RICEMASTER

RICEMASTER Special Agent Doofy

Flickr:
    I know exactly what you are going through Ruination. My house was broken into 2 yrs ago. They didnt touch my TF collection but they did take my xbox360, ps3, my sons ps3, daughters wii, three flat screen tv's, two ipod nano, two digital cameras, shit load of dvd and games that I had for my systems, wifes laptop, two nintendo ds,sony psp and etc. Funny thing is that i did have a security system which did go off but the police didnt show up in time. I hope that you have home owners insurance so that you can recoup some of your loses. Also, that feeling of anger and being invaded does take a long while to go away, to be frank my home invasion still bugs me til this day.

11. havanowoncheese

havanowoncheese Proud No Ma'amer!

I feel your pain been through the same thing.

12. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    Home envasions are very violating. Be thankful, as I am, that no one was hoem when the perps happened by your place.

Do what you can with the cops, plastic holds fingerprints very well. Although they will not do much and state that they perps need to be on file for prints to work. And they will go on the assumption that BnEers are nto on file and won't bother solving this one.

But hey who cares no one got hurt, until these guys happen upon a house with people home, then what?

13. Ruination04

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I am fortunately that no one was home...i just hope they looked around and said, "Damn this guy ain't got shit!" they tv and wii were the only thing of any value i had.

14. videriant

videriant Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I heard you. I got hit with a smash-and-grab Saturday at Fuddruckers. Two freaking PM in a busy next to the highway area. Didn't have my laptop with me but they got my messnger bag with my flash drive in it. Sucks because the drive had all my collections information in it: price bought, price sold, purchased, etc. . .

15. Ruination04

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Mine happened between 4:30 and 8:30pm wit neighbors outside nextdoor. they were in the back with their kids and grandkids. These slime balls worked on the opposite side of my house where they wouldn't be seen.

16. xanthax

xanthax choppaface

News Credits:
    Sorry to hear of this experience. I doubt they'll come back. They took some of your most expensive stuff that may take a normal person some time to replace. I would let the police know and point out the Swindle that may have fingerprints. I hope everything comes out alright for you.

At least they had good taste in toys to check out Animated Swindle.

17. WeX_nFx

WeX_nFx ArtDesign TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Look man im sorry that this happened...but it happened. It happens everyday, ive been broken into and was lucky my wiemeranar(...a rescue 80+lbs) scared them off. I was scared that...oh they know i have a dog and they could come back with a gun..well... yeah but I am sick and tired of people telling me to BE AFRAID and BE SCARED of the criminal element and terrorism and its either they ruin your life or they are gonna kill you!

I feel like there are so many cowards out there with power who are telling us to be afraid of ????? and ????? over here, and you know what??? YOU BE AFRAID YOU piece of shit lowlifes.

Dont worry too much, but the reality is that they are going to keep looking for another
    ps3,360,wii,laptop,dvds,bluerays at the new spot they stake out. Until they bust down the wrong door and a gun is waiting for them in there face and they run like te cowards they are.

18. havanowoncheese

havanowoncheese Proud No Ma'amer!

Like my place. There are guns in the home stored safely of course but i will be more than willing to use them.

19. Necrophon

Necrophon Speaker of Death TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Sorry to hear about the break in. I live in Detroit and have suffered a couple of break ins. The last was about a year ago. You feel violated and no longer comfortable in your own home. (At least I didn't.) Getting an alarm system gave us back our peace of mind somewhat, but what really helped was just time.

I get infuriated every time I think about it though, you work your tail off to get what you have and some crackhead that probably hasn't worked a day in years just comes along and takes what you labored to get. Violating your privacy in the process.

Anyway sorry to hear about your bad luck, I hope things get better soon.

20. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    Swindle made a deal to not rat them them out?

seriously though i have had a break in and transformer wise i wasn't so lucky the best of my G1 collection stolen, Seekers, Dinobots all gone. I hope they catch the guys that ransacked your place.