Got all levels to 25, but I'm not Prime... what gives?

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by Kuma Style, Sep 24, 2012.

1. knightmare6

knightmare6 Reflector In Disguise

Ebay:
    Pretty much! The community was so dead at that point, I remember one night there was 26 players online...

2. Kevin XI

Kevin XI Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I remember 5x, and that's pretty nuts, but 10x??? Damn!

3. BooyakaDragon

BooyakaDragon I Don't Even Know

News Credits:
    My classes reset, and I wasn't even Prime :(  At least my Infiltrator is still in good standing.

4. kaos

kaos the original thirteen

I did it once... No way in hell will I do it 100x...Im all about collecting armor n stuff but 100x is excessive.

5. Duwian

Duwian Wants FoC EVERYTHING

You don't have to Prime 100 times to get those Elite heads. You have to get all your classes to level 25 again after you primed. Those 4 level 25 classes equal 100.

I primed on the double exp weekend, and I got everything back to level 15 in those two days. Now my scientist in level 23 again, Titan at 17, Destroyer at 16 and Scout at 21. You'll be all set at the next 2x exp weekend.

6. dunerunner123

dunerunner123 Optipottamus prime

seriously nobody bothers looking into what prime mode is, I mean why is it that every 4 or so times someone primes they come here and complain about it, its your own damn fault for not looking it up in the first place. I mean what did you expect would happen? would matt tieger jump out of the screen and place a crown on your head?

7. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That's the thing, they shouldn't have to look it up! Yes, the game tells you what will happen should you chose to activate Prime mode, but it does little (nothing, really) to explain the benefits of doing so. Moreover, gamers are trapped into doing it if they are a trophy/achievement hunter: you cannot complete the game rewards without activating this mode at some point of play.

Rather than penalizing gamers, the mode should reward you.

While Matt isn't jumping out of the screen to place crowns on the heads of gamers, he made sure to place crowns on the heads of key characters for Prime holders to use;) 

8. Kuma Style

Kuma Style I'm boney. I'm boney; Leave me aloney! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    ... That was not a cool story at all, bro. No one complained, and that really makes this post nonsensical off the bat. Reading back, I don't even see where that perception came from.

Anyways, I'm gonna' start playing again within the next few days after I beat God of War... would anyone mind adding me to play with? I have like ONE XBL friend who plays regularly, and he gets on way too late for my sleep schedule.

My XBL is tjduckett1.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2012
  9. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Crossdresser Toy Collector

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Hey TJ, I'm always willing to play with people on TFW. I'll add you for sure and I hope I catch you on time to time.

10. Prime Jetscream

Prime Jetscream HE PULLS THE STRINGS AND HE MAKES THEM RING

News Credits:
    By "100" they mean "all classes to level 25".

11. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    So we have people playing competitive multiplayer for the first time, huh? 25 (per class) was the standard since WFC.

12. kaos

Well they should of explained it better. If prime = all classes leveled to 25 1x.. Then logically prime 100 would indicate I would have to do said above 100x.

Sorry if didn't understand.

13. kaos

No. I just never unlocked prime in
    WFC cuz I didnt think it was worth it. Same with COD and any other game that has a similar prestige feature.

14. RisingPhoenix86

RisingPhoenix86 One of Soundwaves minions

News Credits:
    When choosing the option to "Prime" It warns you and asks you if you wanna do it because it will reset your stuff. Plus once you figure out how to lvl fast. Getting to 25 again is easy. Few days at most with only playing a couple hours a day.

15. transtrekkie

transtrekkie On the level.

I'll add you as well and you could hardly do better than Planck. He's a good team player.

I've Primed and have my Titan at 25, Destroyer at 23, Scientist 20 and Scout 17. The only thing I don't like about having to level again is that you wind up with people who have already maxed out Prime Mode and just going into conquest to pwn some n00bs essentially making it harder for the rest of us that are just trying to level up again. The maxed out prime moders should go play deathmatch where that belongs.

16. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I hate games that reward those with perks that make them significantly better than those starting out--HMS, I thought was trying to increase online users by making this game and it modes more assessable, but these perks given to gamers that level up, especially those who've capped out have a serious advantage over those below them, so I can understand why you wouldn't want to activate Prime mode. For someone like myself, who is a trophy hunter, I simply can't resist.

I understand that HMS modeled this form of play after successful competitive multiplayer games, but they need to find a better way to initiate Prime mode as well as making the game more user friendly.

Hopefully, Journey from Cybertron (or whatever they call it) tackles these issues. Who would have ever thought balancing would still be an issue this time around? They need to fix this! HMS needs to put in measures to make host migration better--let's fact it, it SUCKS! Why not reward those who are hosts with bonus EXP for completing matches and penalizing them for bailing out prior to the end of matches--we know why a majority of matches end prematurely and the reason isn't good. Why doesn't HMS tag users that leave matches before conclusion, letting everyone know who they are? BlazBlue (the first game anyway) tags these sort of users with their names written in red and a brief explanation of the users offense--awesome! These players are shamed into cleaning up their act or quitting online play altogether.

Anyway, Prime mode needs to change. The only thing users have to show for it is a complete reset of all classes and abilities and a silly rotating Matrix of Leadership:crazy:  Why couldn't we keep the things we have? If HMS wants to keep gamers playing online, they need to find more ways to make online gaming fun! New modes, obstacles (like Uncharted's Power Plays) and story driven modes would keep me online more and I'm sure others would play more too. The ability to make clans, having clan colors, logos clan points and items that are clan specific would keep folks online. Imagine if the had online tournaments, clans vs clans:bay 

There are so many things HMS can do to make competitive multiplayer better...wonder when it'll happen? Personally, I wish Prime mode unlocked actual story characters to be used in competitive multiplayer. How cool would it be to have an actual character and his/her specific ability?! I'd activate Prime mode right away for just this. HMS could keep their crappy color selection as is if they implement this sort of bonus!

17. AngryChad

AngryChad Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    A friend of mine is a game designer and explained that within the industry those types of level resets are done for a reason, but that most people outside of the industry don't understand the reason. I guess this thread proves his point. The reason, if I'm remembering this correctly, is to put the player in a position to use all of that knowledge they've gained about the game with n00b settings, mostly for bragging rights. If you can still kill it with none of the perks, then you're a true master of the game.

18. BooyakaDragon

BooyakaDragon I Don't Even Know

News Credits:
    Any good leveling tips?

19. DethPike

DethPike Master of Sinanju

Ebay:
    Conquest. And lots of it. :) 

20. AngryChad

AngryChad Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    - Conquest is the best mode to level up in.
    - Play to your class strengths. Capture/support with the smaller classes,
    defend/kill with the heavier ones.
    - Take advantage of the multiplier weekends.
    - Try to be in the moment and enjoy each match. Time will go by much more quickly when you're not constantly worrying about what level you are.