Got a big dumb long question

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Aspex, Jun 17, 2011.

1. Aspex

Aspex New Member

I've been on TFwiki looking at the various TF continuities and looking at that all that got me all interested in the TF multiverse - unversal streams for all the different universes. For instance like say, Primax 984.0 Gamma (the G1 Marvel Comics continuitiy) Anyway to get to the point of my question, I've also noticed other realites that are linked to the TF multiverse, partly that they are the home universes filled w/ robots but aren't Transformers but are very similar. I also noticed that the Gobots universe is part of the TF multiverse, partly because Hasbro bought Tonka and the robots turning into vechicles thing. I was also supprised to see another robot toyline owned by Hasbro called Robtix is part of the TF Multiverse too.

So my question is, would any of the these toylines below be part of the TF multiverse too, since they are also owned by Hasbro and through Tomy-Takura? They are:

Zoids (Had robot animals like Robotix had, had a number of anime shows: Choatic Century, Guardian Force, New Century Zero, Fuzors, and Genesis)

Starriors (Robots on a post-apoptotic earth similar to Zoids and Transformers w/ 2 warring factions, also had a Marvel comic limited series in '80's)

I was just thinking that they are maybe apart of the TF multiverse, but since they are so different but similar, I thought their realities would be really distant from the regular TF universes like the Gobots' universe. Anyway, they'd be distant but still part of the larger TF multiverse. At least that's what I think right now...

If anyone can help, that'd be great. Thinking of all these damn timelines gives me a such friggin' headache! ^_^;

On a related note, what multiverse would the universes that the Transformers toys originated be in?

Diaclone

Microman

Armored Trooper Dorvak

Machine Robo: Revenge of Chronos( more in line w/ the Gobots universes)

Would these continuites be distant like the Gobots or just in the next neighboring multiverse?

And just to add one more confusing question, where would the Brave Saga universes be? (Gaogaigar, Dagwon, Exkaiser,etc)

Thought I'd ask because they are also owned by Tomy-Takura and the toys and anime designs were by alot of the same people who did Transformers.(Plus, many Brave toys and characters are remolds/repaints of TFs.)

Sorry, I know this is alot. Just had these whole notions and questions in my head for a long while now. Ok, I'll shut up now. Thx!

2. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    As for Brave, I kinda like the "Distant Cousin" idea. Anyway, I think Takara has the greater headache, tryinging to fit all Transaformers series into the same timeline. As for the Multiverse, it reminds me of the line, "G1 makes sense if you don't think about it." :D 

3. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

Robtix is part of the TF Multiverse ????

when and where was that established?

4. Karhukjnsi

Karhukjnsi Universal Wrestler

News Credits:
  5. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

6. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Some Brave series could certainly be considered as parallel realities to the main Transformers multiverse. Exkaiser is effectively what you get if you take the overall style of TF Victory and strip out the backstory, adding monsters of the week. It's close enough to be a distant cousin for sure, not arguing there.

The way I see it though, if you wanted, all these series could theoretically be a part of the same multiverse. It's a matter of the whole universal streams concept and how you take that to work. If you assume there is one "primary" Transformers reality at the heart of it all, from which all the others diverged from, then it's simply a matter of as you get further out, things are more and more radically different. Exkaiser for example would already be pretty far from the core stream, and the other Brave shows each get further from there.

It's a real life analogue - the distance of universal streams can be considered to be similar to how in real life a series differs from the original Generation 1 Transformers as seen in 1984.

Of course, if you stick by what has been revealed in official publications, there's very little connection between any of these other things at all. And Hasbro is on record as considering the whole universal streams concept to be in "another universe" to the Prime universe.