Google Chrome issues

Discussion in 'TFW2005 Tech Support' started by Tyrannosaur, Jul 28, 2010.

1. Tyrannosaur

Tyrannosaur 100% Sarcastic Saurian

I installed Google Chrome about a week ago and while it's easier to use for me than Firefox or Internet Explorer I'm having a few slight issues when using it to view TFW2005 and a few other sites such as my hotmail page:

1.) Most of the time when I log in, it doesn't show that I actually logged in. In still shows the two white bars where you type in your username and password.

2.) When I do log in, sometimes after viewing a few threads and browsing the forum for a couple of minutes, the next link I click on (A link that leads to another page of a thread, a section of the forum etc.) it signs me out without any message or anything.

3.) The site takes longer to load than other websites and when it does load it doesn't show any of the images such as user-posted images or avatars.

I feel number 3 may be some sort of connection issue but so far my connection is pretty good. If anyone here who has experience using Google Chrome and if it is running fine for you could you tell me the settings you have it on?

Thanks in advance.

2. Joe Moore

Joe Moore Is Not Jim... Administrator

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    TFW2005 isn't really tested in or optimized for Chrome. Check your cookie settings, make sure you are receiving cookies and they are being saved correctly. Make sure your information isn't dumped on browser close, make sure the browser is set to look for a new version of the page with every visit.

3. Tyrannosaur

Could be. Hopefully that will solve the problem. It's easy to use but I'm not too fond of the set up that I am used to when I had firefox. It's a bit more confusing when trying to get the settings you want but it seems to run a bit faster on other pages.
    If I'm still having trouble I'll try to contact Google about it, maybe have to re-install it and do a virus scan and disk Defrag. Or it could be a problem with Vista. Thanks for the tip :) 

4. Tyrannosaur

Everything is all set now. I tried what you suggested and while some of the problems were fixed not everything was working properly, so I just uninstalled/reinstalled it. Works fine now.

Thank you though for your help :D