Good Wii Games?

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by NSJ23, Jul 28, 2007.

1. NSJ23

NSJ23 Not today Chumly, not today.

I might be able to get a Wii Sunday and I wanted to know what good games are out for it. I looked at reviews of the games that are out on 1up and only two or three scored over a 7! I don't play smash brothers or wario so besides those what games that are out are really worth getting? If I get Zelda I may get the GC version since it was supposed to be a GC game anyway. Paper Mario looks good. I just need a little help here and I know the Wii has a good following on this site.

Thank Guys.

Peace

NSJ23

2. RandomFerret

RandomFerret Fuzzy Forever

News Credits:
    No smash brothers and no wario?

Honestly, I don't think a wii is the right system for you.

3. EvaUnit13

EvaUnit13 REBUILD

If you don't like the game genres, get a 360. I think it has most of the games PS3 has and a lot more, and you know the Halo series can deliver.

If you do get a Wii, get the Wii Zelda, I can never go to Ocarina of Time now that I've experienced Wii sword fighting and shooting. Super Paper Mario is great, though very short, unless you want to do everything you want to do, and if you don't, rent it. Call of Duty is a great shooter, but if you go for multiplayer, get Medal of Honor instead. If you want a good arcade-type game, get Marvel, my friends and I love that game. There are also lots of good games on the Shop Channel, but they're old.

4. Maverick Hunter Christian

Maverick Hunter Christian Choke on that, causality!

News Credits:
    There's not a whole lot out at the moment; most of the good stuff is still in the pipe. I'd say Zelda, Paper Mario, and Resident Evil 4 are probably your best bets.

But yeah, if you're not down for the Smash Bros.' and Warios' then the Wii might not be your ticket.

Good luck either way.

5. toma

toma eskimo in disguise

i have the following:
    zelda twilight princess
    super paper mario
    dragonball z budokai tenkaichi 2
    resident evil 4 wii edition

i'd recommend any of them. i've probably played dbzbt2 more than anything up there to be honest, and i've never really enjoyed dbz games before. the controls really make it a load of fun even if you only have passing knowledge of the show. super paper mario was a really good game, but a bit short, still fun though. i just got re4, again the controls make the game really fresh and good feeling. actually aiming for the head and shooting is extremely satisfying. zelda is just good... the wii controls are good but not nearly as satisfying as in the other games i have. never played the cube version but i can't imagine it being any worse. the only thing that bugs me playing gamecube games is that you have to get up and turn the system off or reset it instead of using the remote... but that's just me lazy and spoiled.

also, i find 1up is pretty biased against wii games, mostly because they can't get over the fact that it's only 480p. we've known that forever already, they need to get over it.

6. Blackstar

Blackstar TFW2005 Supporter

Excite Truck, Cooking Mama, and Trauma Center are also good. Plus, this fall Mario and Metroid come out. Zelda is good on the wii too, the motion controls are great.

7. CheetahDC

CheetahDC Well-Known Member

I'm enjoying Sonic and the Secret Rings right now. Just a warning, the cutscenes are sooo childish.

8. Gigatron_2005

Gigatron_2005 President of Calendars

Zelda is a good bet. Also, Metriod Prime 3 comes out in just a few weeks.

9. Soundatron

Soundatron A Blight Upon The Land

Metal Slug Anthology

7 games in one, multiplayer, difficult yet fun and decent replay value. Should be able to get it for $39.99 or even cheaper used the only problem is finding it lol

10. NSJ23

Well I got my Wii this morning and I bought a used copy of Paper Mario to go with it so if I finish it quickly or don't like it I will take it back and get Zelda. Thank for the help guys.

11. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan OFFICIAL MMM REP

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    AVOID all FPS cross-platform titles that are out for the Wii right now - they all have horrible graphics, ports suck on the Wii.

12. EvaUnit13

EvaUnit13 REBUILD

And you're saying Twilight Princess sucked...

13. NSJ23

LOL you know he didn't mean that. I love Wii sports and Paper Mario so far and a friend is going to let me borrow Zelda and raving rabbits on Monday. So so far so good.

14. MegaMoonMan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    If you're talking about what I said, I didn't say that at all.

15. NSJ23

This thing came out back in November and there still was a line this morning. I got there at 9:15 am and barley made it. Best buy had 24 and I was number 20 in line. The demand for this thing is just crazy.

16. onesock

onesock Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Super Paper Mario definitely has the best plot of a Mario game ever.

17. EvaUnit13

EvaUnit13 REBUILD

TP is a port, since it was planned for GC first, and that's why it was mirrored b/c most people are right handed.
    Yeah, they're still pretty hard to get. I still have a hard time coming by them in stores, but whenever I actually see them, no one goes crazy for it. When I got mine, there was a couple that bought 4 Wiis for eBay

18. Greenshadow0

Greenshadow0 Well-Known Member

Aforementioned Super Paper Mario.

And Metroid Prime 3 looks like the best Wii game yet.

Plus, download Super Castlevania 4 and Paper Mario 1 from the Virtual Console since they're the best.

19. MegaMoonMan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Not really the kind of port I meant. Cross-platform ports as in across all consoles is what I was referring to.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2007
  20. EvaUnit13

EvaUnit13 REBUILD

So like Call of Duty? The lack of exclusive games is what's hurting PS3 right now