Good Weapon for Universe Sideswipe?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by WhiteMocha, Dec 4, 2008.

1. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha TFW2005 Supporter

Hiya everyone.

This seems like such a small thing about which to start a thread, but nevertheless.... I'm trying to find a gun that works well with Universe 2.0 Sideswipe. I use the gun that came with him as a shoulder launcher, so I'm looking for some sort of rifle he can hold.

The only real specifications are that it needs to be white (to match his G1 figure) and it needs to fit the peg holes in his fists. Oh, and it needs to be just a regular molded rifle, no spring-loaded missile launchers or anything. Any generation or line is fine. I found this list of white guns on Transformerland, but it's hard to tell from photos which of these would work well. A lot of the Pretender/Monsterbot weapons look pretty decent, but I'm not sure if they would fit in Sideswipe's fists. A lot of them also look off-white (though that may be yellowing from age), rather than the bone-white of Sideswipe's plastic.

So, anyway, just throwing this out there. Has anyone found the perfect rifle for this guy? Thanks all!

2. megatronkicksas

megatronkicksas Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I recomend um's gun

3. process

process Hanlon's razor Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Assuming you're talking about G1's Magnus gun, the middle peg will interfere with Sideswipe's arm, and the rear peg is huge and tapered. I had to use a razor blade to shave it down enough for City Commander to hold. IIRC, Sideswipe needs a 3mm diameter peg while the Magnus gun must be closer to 4mm.

You might try picking up a G1 Sideswipe gun. The peg seems to have a thick upper part and a thin lower part- I know the lower part is way too small for Classics Sideswipe to hold, but you might have some luck with the upper part and some clear nail polish. If you try this let me know, I might have to do the same!

4. WhiteMocha

Thanks for the suggestions, guys. I have a G1 Magnus and Sideswipe on hand, so I tried guns from both of them.

Magnus' gun is indeed too large. The peg would require quite a bit of shaving. Good thought, though, I appreciate it!

And process, thanks for the G1 SS suggestion! I had discounted that thought earlier, assuming it would be way too small, but you're right about the larger ring above the peg. Unfortunately it's still not quite big enough... it is probably about 3/4 mm away from fitting snugly. However, the gun looks GREAT with him. Its size actually works just fine and feels natural, even though it came from a smaller figure (but then, I tend to prefer my TF's with smaller and more compact weapons). Nail polish alone wouldn't be enough to make it fit, but maybe some light modding or even just a strip of tape around the peg would do it.

That might ultimately be what I end up doing. I mean, it's hard to find a better gun for Sideswipe than... the gun for Sideswipe.

I'm still all ears for any other suggestions, though! Thanks guys!

5. Orion_Prime48

Orion_Prime48 Super Sentai Purist

News Credits:
    I recommend Classics 2.0 Prowls gun

[​IMG]

6. process

process Hanlon's razor Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Lol, I did that too. No point leaving it with Sticky McPaint if I'm not going to touch him.

7. Pun-3X

Pun-3X Well-Known Member

I have a knock-off Minerva, and her gun (same as Nightbeat's) fits Sideswipe perfectly. It's a black mold, although I personally think he's better with a black rifle. Still, you could always paint it except at the peg.

So if you have a spare Nightbeat gun or can get one, give that a try.

8. jametron

jametron Release the Kraken!!!!!!!

News Credits:
    Have you considered using his pitol as a pistol and maybe utilizing something else for his shoulder-mount?

The pegs on 74 Movie Bumblebees shoulder weapons fit perfectly... I "penciled" in the white projectile (from G1 Tracks) on the photo as it disappeared with the background (and my less than stellar photography skills, lol).

Just a thought...
    [​IMG]

9. WhiteMocha

Thanks everyone! All good ideas. I'll try out a few options and see what works best. I appreciate the suggestions!

10. MushroomPrime

MushroomPrime ******

News Credits:
    Yeah, Prowl's gun works really well