Good price on Henkei Thrust?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Soundwave3k, Mar 6, 2010.

1. Soundwave3k

Soundwave3k TFW2005 Supporter

Thanks for your advice in advance!

I have a second chance Ebay offer on a MIB Henkei Thrust for $55 shipped. It looks like the lowest it's been on Ebay in the last 3 months, but given that Generations Thrust has been announced, do y'all think that's still a good deal?

2. Red Alert

Red Alert Security

News Credits:
    Yes,

Gen Thrust is probably a year or so away.

3. Sioce

Sioce Radicon in training

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Personally...No
    I am waiting for the generations one myself.
    But to each thier own.
    If you want it now...do it.

4. Soundwave3k

Oh, and I forgot to mention, I do have Botcon Thrust. I'm torn from pictures online, but for those of you that might have both, is it worth getting Henkei Thrust as well?

5. Automorpher

Automorpher Autobot Slut!

News Credits:
    Botcon Thrust & Henkei Thrust are 2 different versions altogether so its definitely worth getting these pieces. :D 

6. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    idk, generations thust comes out around late summer/early fall...i would wait

7. Automorpher

Automorpher Autobot Slut!

News Credits:
    You can get Henkei Thrust first, then get Generation Thrust again upon release. If you're a variant collector, that is. ;) 

8. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Henkei Thrust is awesome. For 55, its a deal so pick it up! However

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The differences are not HUGE but if I could do it all over again, i'd probably just wait for the Generations Thrust. I paid 60 for my thrust MISB a few months ago but call me crazy.. i'd rather have 50 bucks and Generations Thrust in my pocket then no money and Henkei Thrust.

9. Soundwave3k

I think those last pictures convinced me. If I pick up any of the Henkei coneheads it'll probably be Dirge since he's actually different enough from the Botcon version. Although he'll probably end up getting a Generations release too given that Hasbro said they'll release more seekers...

Thanks!

10. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    no problem:thumbs2:  Watch out with Dirge too, Hasbro will bring him over sooner than later.

11. barrelks

barrelks Captain Funtastic

News Credits:
    Yea, for me personally, I would wait if you are not a die-hard Henkei fan. I wasn't until I started buying these seekers. Now I need to pick up a Henkei Ramjet at some point to go with the other two. It is a nice figure, but the Generations one will put a huge dent into the Henkei market. $50 will probably be the going rate for a while. Only thing that will really change it is if the Hasbro one doesn't look as good as it does in the Toyfair display (I really like the D-Con symbols on the Thrusters, and the lack of the crazy paint on the wings). I will say at the same time that the paint apps on the wings do give the Henkei release a bit of personality.

12. ChrisW

ChrisW Well-Known Member

Note that there is absolutely no guarantee whatsoever that Hasbro will make a deluxe-class Dirge using the Classics Ramjet or Henkei Dirge molds. Quite frankly, I'm shocked they made Thrust! Besides, Dirge already got a Universe 2.0 release in a 2-pack alongside Roadbuster.

I was using Classics Ramjet along with Henkei Thrust and Dirge for my Classics Coneheads, but I finally caved in and ordered Henkei Ramjet. I figure I'll just have to have 2 of each of the non-blue ones. :) 

13. 46+2

46+2 Well-Known Member

vvery good price! get it.

14. guard convoy

News Credits:
    BUT there was more garuntees for MORE SEEKERS and we can safely bet we will get dirge, and that two pack affects nothing, this is generations, not universe

15. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    can't help but agree w/ gc, they had mentioned in a q&a that the henkei molds were "significantly different enough" to release here, and botcon dirge's wings are just repainted ramjet wings, henkei dirge's mold is superior as far as accuracy goes

16. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

I actually have yet to buy myself the Gentei! Coneheads, but I may just get both and swap wings. Maybe. Have to see how the plastic color matches up (probably won't at all).

17. ChrisW

ChrisW Well-Known Member

If you had asked me before ToyFair I would have said Generations Thrust was impossible. The very existence of Generations Thrust means all bets are now off: Generations Dirge and Thundercracker are now possible. I wouldn't consider them guaranteed, though. There are more seekers to be made beyond Thundercracker and Dirge: the blue Rainmaker (Jetstorm? Hailstorm?), the yellow Rainmaker (who may or may not be Sunstorm), generic purple seekers, the forest green guy who was helping Shockwave on Cybertron in that one episode (Desertion of the Dinobots?), the red Rainmaker (who may or may not be a coloring mistake)... There are lots of non-Dirge choices.

While I hope Hasbro does make a Generations Thundercracker and Dirge, I don't think we can assume that they are guaranteed to do so. I look forward to seeing what will be on display at BotCon; one can never have too many seekers! :D 

18. guard convoy

News Credits:
    i know we can't assume they are guaranteed to make a thundercracker or dirge, but i want to let this known, at toyfair, hasbro flat out said there was more seekers on the way, who they are though, we can only guess at

19. DarthMagnificus

DarthMagnificus Banned

yeah but your comparing oranges and tomatoes in regards to dirge...one was a cybertron repaint of the starscream mold....the other is a henkei mold...not a thing alike except the name...plus it is not like hasbro won't take a pass at reissuing a seeker they know will sell....and the henkei mold is already made...so making a repaint would be cheap....