Good price for g1 starscream and thrust?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Paradigm-Shift Prime, Jan 18, 2007.

1. Paradigm-Shift Prime

Paradigm-Shift Prime Unit Warrior TFW2005 Supporter

Just picked up these two (almost, small missiles) complete flyboys.
    They're looking pretty slick for g1.
    What is a good price for these two?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    If it's the original G1s, I figure between $40-60. Anywhere in there is approximately the market price for figures like that.

3. Paradigm-Shift Prime

Ok, sounds about right.

I paid (in Canadian $ (.82 US)) $36 for thrust and $46 for Starscream

4. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    ...then I'd say you got a pretty good deal. Nice find, especially with the missiles intact like that!

5. MegaPrime33

MegaPrime33 Follow me @NerdActivist TFW2005 Supporter

Well looking at the missles, and assuming that the rest of the figure came with the missles, then it's definitely an original For the price you paid for each, I'd say it's decent but not great. You're missing the 2 small missles for each.

6. Easterling Capt

Easterling Capt I am Vern Schillinger

Ebay:
    the price is affected by the condition of the fig aswell, just because Thrust and Screamer would be complete but lets say in C6 condtion or something low then they wouldent go up to 40-60. But a real minty C9 no sticker wear etc etc could go over 60 , atleast for Screamer.

7. Paradigm-Shift Prime

Thanks for the feedback. I think I did alright. As the pictures show they are in pretty nice condition, not perfect, but for original g1s from ebay. I'd say maybe a 7.5 or 8. The stickers are intact and unpeeled but not perfect, the bodies look nice and smooth without scratches or fading.

I find on ebay people often are colllectors who have multiples and they ditch their worst quality extras. This doesn't seem to be the case though, as only the small missiles are missing and the guy didn't know they came with small missiles so he might even have them. I'm picking them up in person on saturday (no shipping, yippie!), I'll post better pictures and my opinion on them then.

8. Paradigm-Shift Prime

Update

Ok, I picked up these two today. Very impressed with their condition, especially starscream, who almost looks like he just came out of the box. As you can see here, screamer's body is totally smooth n shiny, no scratches or fading. A couple of his stickers have very minor wear on the edges. Thrust is also quite nice, his stickers have a bit more wear but still no peeling. His body was dusty but also looking good with the dust removed.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

So I've already been over this issue of whether the starscream is a reissue, but what was the YEAR stamped on the 2003 TRU reissue? The guy I got them from says they're out of storage and had definite legit original g1ers like soundwave and buzzclaw, but this starscream is just in such good condition...someone please help...

9. Paradigm-Shift Prime

oh, and I should add, the guy's going to look for those short missiles for me.