Good price for an Overlord?

Discussion in 'Wanted Items' started by DethPike, Aug 7, 2008.

1. DethPike

DethPike Master of Sinanju

Ebay:
    Hi all - wasn't sure where to post this but I DO want one, so I figured I'd put it here...

What's a good price nowadays for an Overlord?

I had one a while ago - Japanese, perfect condition, stickers unapplied, in the box - box had a couple rips but looked good - had all the contents, etc - sold it to a buddy of mine for $300 - what I paid for it. This was, oh, 2003? 2004? I think.

I wanna get one back now that I'm back into collecting TFs hardcore, and the ones I see on Ebay for $600 - $1200 seem a little inflated to me.... what's a decent price for a boxed Overlord in great shape, stickers unapplied? Not trying to start any debates or arguments or anything - just looking to get a ballpark idea so I can budget out for one. I expected it to maybe be in the neighborhood of $300 - $400 still, maybe like $500 for one that's REALLY SUPER nice or sealed.... is that about right, or did the thing skyrocket over the last couple years? I don't mind spending big $$$ on robots, but when people start talking about $600 - $1200 I start thinking of top end Valkyries, or case fresh sealed TF stuff, or dinocassettes, or Godaikins - not Overlords. Am I way off and has the thing somehow climbed that high in like 4 years? Or is that just Ebay being Ebay?

- Sean

2. gen1fan

gen1fan G1 PRIME FROM VA TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I just sold on at botcon for $375 no box, but in good shape, like c-8/ c-9

3. sunlink

sunlink Be Transformed TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    ballpark - $300 to $600+ depending if it's in box or not, how white/clean it is and if all the accessories are there.

There's actually a BIN on ebay for a (I think) complete one. <click here>

4. cultureatus

cultureatus Lófaszjóska

If you want a loose complete one, that would be approx. 70-120 Euros on the European Ebay pages. The MIB one usually goes for approx. 250-500 bucks + shipping (many of them go for 350-400 bucks BIN price) depends on the condition, used-unused, etc.. - on the EU and US ebay pages.
    If I were you I would checked the European Ebay pages quite often, because they are much more cheaper than the items of the Far-Easter sellers - which hit the IMO ridiculous 600-1200 bucks pricerange.

Good luck anyway.

5. DethPike

DethPike Master of Sinanju

Ebay:
    Thanks for all the responses! I'll keep my eyes peeled then and I'll just be patient. :)