Good price for a loose Armada Megatron?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Autobot Burnout, Feb 9, 2009.

1. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout SANTARN IS COMING AGAIN TFW2005 Supporter

Hey all, I have a question about pricing a figure, namely Armada Megatron. There's this guy who lives up the street from me who owns one, and upon asking if he'd be interested in selling him to me, he said I could come over tomorrow and take a closer look at him and name my price. Here's what I know about:

The figure itself:
    -Relatively good condition, no big missing spots of paint or the like, probably well-played with, crappy electronics are working fine
    -incomplete, but only the missiles probably
    -Good chance Leader-1 mini-con is with him

and the guy who's selling him to me:
    -Trustworthy guy who I've known for years
    -Has a "garage sale" attitude towards this deal (he described the figure as "some old transforming toy I have laying around somewhere)
    -Will take any reasonable price, although he says it's probably not worth that much.

Considering that unless the figure is missing almost everything, including the tank turret, I'll probably buy him. I want to get a bargin, but I don't want to cheat the guy out of any money as he's a nice guy. I'm thinking $25-$30 dolars would be a good price. Thoughts?

Oh, and just so you know, I am well aware of every single flaw in Armada Megatron, like his lack of knees. However, I own Armada Tidal Wave, and the possibility of uniting him just once to Armada Megatron is enough for me to buy the figure. That, and he's mini-con gimmick ladden, which is a big draw for me usually if they work.

2. 0R10N P4X

0R10N P4X Banned

News Credits:
    You could find a Megatron in the same condition on Ebay for $10. I would try to get a complete one instead, incomplete toys are not worth the trouble, especially recent ones.

3. Orion_Prime48

Orion_Prime48 Super Sentai Purist

News Credits:
    you could get a complete one in good shape for about $20 here on the boards probably depends on the seller though

4. Autobot Burnout

I'd honestly be happy with Megatron himself being in one peice, no missiles=no problem for me. I'd like it if Leader-1 is in the deal, though, I like mini-cons.

But the reason I'm going for a potentialy more expensive Megatron in the same condition is because there is no shipping charge except me having to walk over to the guy's house, and he lives about 5 houses down from me. That, and the guy REALLY wants to get rid of the figure if he can, he needs the money, and I want to help him out. I'll deal with eBay for figures I can't find elsewhere, like Armada Sideways or Energon Snowcat (yes, I like sucky figures, big deal.).

5. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    ask $10......even if doesn't have leader 1 as long as you have minicons with you i say get it.

6. 0R10N P4X

0R10N P4X Banned

News Credits:
    Yeah, no more than $10-15 then.

7. Razorclaw

Razorclaw Are ya gonna draw pistols

If the figure is missing missiles only, and is otherwise complete, I'd give 20 greens for it.

8. SMOG

SMOG Vocab-champion ArgueTitan

I just sold mine, complete, no minicon, for $15. It's actually probably about what I paid for it in the first place. :) 

That felt about right for me. Back in the day of course it would have cost more, but old second hand figures generally don't go for much unless they're rarities.

zmog

9. AMG

AMG Old School

I would offer $15, no more than that.

10. Autobot Burnout

Well it turns out the guy didn't need the money, so he just outright gave me the figure for free. And it also turns out that the figure is missing everything it possibly could: all missiles, Leader-1, and his horns (why to those even come off?). But the main figure is still there, combinability with Tidal wave included, and for free I say it was a deal. I'm just gonna hit the good 'ol eBay for those missing parts.

11. Gadep

Gadep Banned

News Credits:
    free=awesome

12. underwear-ninja

underwear-ninja Eats Gobots for breakfast

Yeah those horns are sorta flimsy :x But still, that's a great deal for free :]