Good Ol' Instruction sheet and Tech spec

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by vmagnum, Sep 10, 2011.

1. vmagnum

vmagnum Horrorcon

I was flipping through G1 Dreadwind's instruction sheet yesterday and it got me thinking (for the 100th time): why can't today's Tf instruction be blessed with passionately step-by-step instructions? God I missed those "Swing back hip. Push in left wing" etc etc and those shits. And don't get me started with the cheesy-yet-loved tech spec bio they have back then

2. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i posted ages ago that i'd give my left something-or-other for the old G1 instructions that had actual pictures, not line drawings.

3. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    It's much more cost effective to dispense with the text instructions since Transformers are released to consumers who speak different languages. RiD boxes were a mess, for example.

The tech specs have made just a bit of a comeback on the boxes, but it's not the "clip and save" scenario as was in G1. Also, it's become more of a "this character fights this one" to promote the toy sales. Still, I'm glad they're on there now (again, see RiD for reference). Also the overall look of the package has to be considered. While it's a part of a whole, it still has to look good with the packaging as a whole.

That being said, I'm constantly amazed at some of the great packaging Hasbro has designed in the past, all the way back to G1.