Good news for next Spider Man film...

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Enigma2K2, Mar 29, 2009.

1. Enigma2K2

Enigma2K2 Robot In Disguise TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
  2. Optimus1986

Optimus1986 TMNT & Hulk Fanatic

Alright! Actually, I liked Spider-man 3, but I always thought it was congested. Venom and the Lizard would have been a great part 4, but, alas...

Maybe Bruce Campbell as Mysterio?

3. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Interesting. While I personally like the third SM movie, I do admit it's the worst of them so far. The second one is probably the best out of the three, imo. I hope they stick with the one movie being a Venom centered story. It would be really nice to get more of him, and a more fitting person for him to take over. Topher Grace is a good actor, imo, he's just not someone I would pick for that role. He did do a decent job, he just doesn't have the build I would imagine Venom having. Here's hoping they pursue the Lizard as a villain in the movies, and hopefully Carnage and/or Toxin. Not all at once, but work them in at some point.

4. Enigma2K2

Ebay:
    Venom really should have been left for a later movie... and he's enough to carry it on it's own, IMHO.

5. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

Meh, I think Raimi is overrated. Give Spidey to a new director for a change of pace.

6. ANDROID PRIME

ANDROID PRIME Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    this please. I don't dig raimi's style, I cant stand how they made parker a loser. he starts off as a science nerd but he was never a loser. hes smart and funny. not mopey and emo

7. Enigma2K2

Ebay:
    There we go with the emo bit again. Do they all act that arrogant and cocky? And you don't like Parker the loser? Ever hear the phrase "the ol' Parker luck?"

8. Galaxy Convoy

Galaxy Convoy Well-Known Member

Yeah, one that doesn't have a personal bias against certain Spidey villains. It's because of him having something against, or just plain hating him, that Venom was more an afterthought than anything in SM3. Sure, Sony made him include Venom in the story, but his bias prevented it from being done better.

Which is why I seriously doubt we'll ever see another Venom, or even Carnage. And forgive my ignorance here, I've been away from the Spidey books since about a year or so after "Maximum Carnage", but who's Toxin? Another symbiote?

9. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

Toxin is another symbiote. I don't know the origin though. I know there were 6 Venom offspring that each had hosts but eventually merged into Hybrid. I don't know what happened to him either.

Also, Carnage is dead.

I think Spidey should stick to the original villains. Venom was just too soon. Sure he's one of the best comic villains but for movie sake, stick to the original guys. I want a Vulture, Mysterio, and even if done right, Kraven.

10. rattrap007

rattrap007 Insert witty comment here TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I wouldn't mind the following:

Mysterio
    Kraven
    Lizard

I want to see a brief cameo from Electro with the starfish outfit. I want spiderman to laugh his ass off at it too. Just do a brief fight then be done with it.

11. Paladin

Paladin Have Zord, Will Travel

News Credits:
    Detroit- It's a shithole full of people who steal
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Fuck Raimi, I want another year of "Spectacular Spider-Man!!!!"

12. Galaxy Convoy

Galaxy Convoy Well-Known Member

Oh, Toxin's one of those. Yeah, I remember them from Venom's first limited series. First I've heard of Hybrid though.

I wouldn't mind seeing the Chameleon and Shocker myself.

13. flamingunicron

flamingunicron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    haha Campbell has cameoed in all 3 films. They could totally work him as a master of disguise and be either Mysterio or Chameleon

14. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    :( 

When I saw the thread title I hoped it was an announcement that Kirsten Dunst wouldn't be in it.

15. Enigma2K2

Ebay:

Sadly, that wasn't in the article...sorry.

And yes, I feel your pain, man.. I REALLY do.

16. ZeroMayhem

ZeroMayhem Henshin a Go-Go Baby!

I like Raimi well enough as a director, just not on Spidey. I didn't care for 1, 2 was good (but damn, could they keep Spidey's mask on for more then 4 minutes?!), never saw 3 (and still have NO desire to do so). I was really hoping the films would get a new director and cast.

That would fantastic news, if only :banghead: 

17. AnimatedFan

AnimatedFan Banned

For me, this is how it breaks down.
    SM1, SM3, and way at the bottom of the list SM2. (It bored me to tears. Though I will admit the director's cut was better.)

I will admit that SM3 wasn't perfect, and certainly felt rushed, but it was still a fun romp, regardless.

And I have no problem with Kirsten Dunst being in the films, I'd just like them to give Peter another reason to be Spider-Man than having to save her ass EVERY. FRIGGIN'. TIME.

We get it, she's the damsel in distress, and she's awkward and stupid, but seriously, how many times is she going to be kidnapped and face certain death?

One of the reasons I liked the Batman films. He was smart enough to realize he couldn't protect the woman he loves, save the city, and himself. So he sacrificed to be what the people needed.

The first SM was excellent. Going after Aunt May AND Mary Jane? Excellent. Really got Peter to step up his game. (Though I think they could've built on them being the damsels in distress for the third one and made it one hell of an ending where he had to save both. One of those "WOW" inducing scenes of awesome. They just used it too soon.)

The SM 2 reusing the same material (just a different villain), was the first sign that the well of ideas was starting to run dry.

SM 3 did the same thing again. (though this time they left Aunt May out of the mix, which is fine. She doesn't need to be tossed around like a ragdoll in every outing. No one's life is that shitty that every Tom, Dick and Harry terrorist of the week just has to go out of their way to scare the shit out of an old lady...) At this point the well of ideas has not only dried up, but it's cracking and the shit from the septic tank in the next yard is leaking in.

I'm hoping Raimi decides to give Peter a real challenge and bring him to the brink of breaking, without using Mary Jane or Aunt May, or a symbiote, or the same method over and over.

The Joker proved that you could be a villain and either strike fear into the hero by getting personal, or just going bat shit insane on the whole city.

All of SM's villains so far have been a threat to Peter and Peter alone, really. I mean, yeah...Doc Ock's solar device could've wiped out NYC, but...whoopity doo. Green Goblin was just a bastard with too many toys, and Sandman was just a pathetic man who was really too human to hate, and Venom was just silly.

Joker not only gave Batman a run for his money, but he was genuinely scary and you had no idea what he was going to do next, or who he was going to do it to.

I want a villain like that for the next SM installment. I want a SM movie that has the quality to climb back up the charts like the first one did. (it doesn't have to, of course, but I'd like to see them put that much effort behind it.)

Is that asking too much?

18. Poho

Poho That's MISTER Poho to you

News Credits:
    this is great news! Spider-man 3 was AWFUL.

19. Kickback

Kickback Proud father Administrator Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    It'll be interesting to see what Raimi can do. The bar for "Super Hero Villains" was raised with "The Dark Knight" and how the Joker was played out.

20. Drake

Drake Smooth Is Smooth Baby

....and it has left everyone wondering tonight just who is Mysterio?

I'm glad Raimi wants control back. The first two Spiderman movies were great.