Good/great Menasor/Stunticon comics.

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by KuroKage2001, May 29, 2017.

1. KuroKage2001

KuroKage2001 Gib Tigerhawk combiner

As the title implies, I'm curious to know if there are any/great comics with Menasor/The Stunticons in them. Why? Well I have CW Dragstrip and need to figure out if I like the team enough to complete them. I was thinking about the CW comic but I've not read many positive things about it.

Last edited: May 29, 2017
  2. Agamus

Agamus Not an Iguana

Yeah, Menasor doesn't do a whole lot in IDW. I'd look into his appearances in the UK G1 comics, Although I forget which issues he was in. Check TFWiki.

• Like Like x 1
  3. KuroKage2001

I'll give it a look, thanks for the advice! BTW, why is the combiner wars comic considered so bad?

4. Agamus

Agamus Not an Iguana

I'm honestly not sure, I kind of liked it. Probably because it was more of a sequel to RID and the Windblade miniseries and less of an epic battle between gestalts than the title suggested.

5. KuroKage2001

Ah. I read a summary about it and thought it sounded neat. I think I'll try and find it cheap since when I checked Brake-Neck's and Motor Master's marvel g1 entry it seemed that they didn't do much. Thanks for replying!

6. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II Banned

News Credits:
    They combined for the first time during costa's run in IDW, but there's not much more to them than that in that story.
    They're featured in marvel uk end of the road. Dont know yet if thats any good.
    I think their most meaningfull appearances was in the G1 cartoon. You could check youtube ?

• Like Like x 1
  7. lordcryotek

lordcryotek M'Hael

Sadly, most of the combiners have shit characterization in the comics, Menasor and the Stunticons had a brief run in the early days where Swindle put them together briefly, Devastator had Prowl for a head for a bit, and Bruticus/the Combaticons were briefly featured in Till All Are One. Really is a shame, but IDW is more focused on OCs and weaving other brands into the story lines than they are on building up established characters.

8. Chris McFeely

Chris McFeely Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I genuinely don't think there are any. Perhaps the most fun SCENE of theirs in a comic came in Dreamwave's second G1 mini-series, issue.... #4, I think? They bust out of prison and go on a bit of a rampage, but we see some of their individual thoughts while combined as Menasor and it's neat.

9. ZeroiaSD

ZeroiaSD Autobot

The opening of Combiner Wars is the biggest part I can think of.

10. WilyMech

WilyMech Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Menasor was in the comics Combiner wars and that is the good news. Bad News is the Combiner Wars was not that great. Lasting impression was about the Enigma of Combination and combines anyone together. Wildrider did the smartest thing was to avoid the whole story. Last couple issues has Menasor battle Optimus Maximus. Other than Stunticons do not show for the most part. Combaticons made an appearence in Windblade and was interesting lead up and one of the better stories of Combiners.

RID is building to Menasor: Dragstrip and Motormaster made appearance which is good. Heatsinker and another who has different names. Stunticons are the main villain.

11. Prime Noble

Prime Noble Well-Known Member

Though I normally prefer the Marvel Uk comics, in this instance I think the G1 cartoon is your best bet specifically Masquerade.

They do feature in Cosmic Rust, the Trans Orient express and their origin is in the 2 part Key to Vector Sigma.