Good Gamestop Deal

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by OptimusSpanks, Nov 5, 2009.

1. OptimusSpanks

OptimusSpanks Well-Known Member

Trade 2 Offer

Gonna go take in 6 of my games on that list and grab Tekken 6, Brutal Legend, and ODST since I already have MW2 and L4D2 paid in full.

2. bulletthebluesky

bulletthebluesky Mmmm... Beer

I either don't have, or wouldn't want to trade in any of the games that are ever on these lists.

So, basically, you're getting 15 bucks a piece on these games? Just doesn't seem worth it to me (seeing as most titles on the list just came out recently and cost 60 bucks). But I suppose it sounds better to others, other wise they wouldn't do it.

3. Triple Melter

Triple Melter come on fhqwhgads

None of these trade-in deals ever look even remotely appealing to me. Most of those titles would net you more cash on ebay than the trade-in values anyway. Nobody wants to take the time and trouble to do all that though, it's easier to just hand your games over at a store. I suppose that's why it works.

4. KidDynamite

KidDynamite don't know nothing Veteran

These things are ripoffs. The list is comprised almost entirely of games that you could sell on ebay, Amazon marketplace, half.com, etc, for $30-50 EACH. Even after their fees, you can easily net double Gamestop's supposed trade-in "deals" (and you could probably triple their regular offerings). It takes seconds to list something, and the money is in your account in a couple of days. I don't know why anyone trades in recent stuff there. For example: Let's conservatively say you could pocket an average of $35 for your recent used games on Amazon marketplace. Most will go for more, but let's be generous. If you sell 6 of them, you end up with $210...that's enough for 3 brand new full price games, plus another $30 leftover in your pocket. Or you could go to Gamestop, save a few minutes of your time, and end up PAYING $60 for the privelege of getting the same three games. Pay $60 out of pocket, or end up with $30 leftover...that's a difference of almost a hundred dollars. To me that's not worth it at all.

For older games it's different, the difference is not as significant and the convenience factor begins to make sense. Oh well. I do take advantage of deals there when buying. On more than one occasion I've spotted a used copy of a game that is only a few days old and paid $10-15 for essentially a brand new game by stacking 2 or 3 deals (Edge, coupons, Buy 2 Get 1 Free sales). Gamestop is fairly good to buy from if you know what you're doing, but they're terrible to sell to.

5. Red Alert

Red Alert Security

News Credits:
    I traded,

Fallout(100% done)
    Monopoly
    Star Ocean
    Little big planet
    Halo 3(ODST made it obsolete)
    Oblivion(100% done)

And got Dragon age and L4D2 for under 5 bucks with discounts.:thumb 

6. samtheman

samtheman Well-Known Member

Amen brother.

7. Triple Melter

Triple Melter come on fhqwhgads

yeah but dude this is a world where people are too lazy to type words into search engines and too lazy to flick their wrists to turn on a signal when they're making turns

8. Galaxy Convoy

Galaxy Convoy Well-Known Member

Or have disposable incomes and just don't care. Case in point, I bought my copy of the ROTF game at Gamestop preowned and for five bucks less than a brand new copy just 2 weeks after the game came out. Someone else had bought it, played it, and then turned right around and traded their copy in already.

I've also heard from a friend that works at one that some people use Gamestop as a rental place of sorts. They buy a game, play it and beat it, maybe get all the achievements/trophies they want, than trade it in on something else, then they trade that in, and again...rinse and repeat.

9. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

That looks more like a ripoff than a deal.

10. Sixshot

Sixshot Jeff Goldbluman Group

News Credits:
    I don't trade in my games (I only buy good games, lol). So it's not like GS would do me much good since the only thing I've ever traded in to them was an Xbox to upgrade to a 360.

Lately, I've been getting all of my new releases from other retailers. TRU has had some fucking awesome deals lately, like the ODST giftcard and toy deal, and the recent 3 for 2 deal (as Best Buy did recently). I am getting MW2 through Amazon and getting 20 dollars credit for future game purchases.

I had all of the new shit preordered through GS but other retailers are in my opinion stomping on all of GS's "deals." I still need to go in and cancel a lot of my preorders.