Customs: Good deals on Airbrushes?

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by thyvipera, Mar 13, 2009.

1. thyvipera

thyvipera ThyVipera

Hey everyone, I've been wanting to buy a decent airbrush and compressor for a while now, and today I believe I finally accomplished that.

I'm not sure if anyone has a store called "Harbor Freight Tools" in their area or not, but they have some great prices.

you can check out their website here Harbor Freight Tools - Quality Tools at the Lowest Prices

I made a trip there today to pick up some epoxy glue, and I stumbled accross some airbrush compressors. And i found this airbrush gun + compressor combo on sale for $80.00.

I was also in Michaels Arts and Crafts tonight, and their airbrush compressors were $280.00. I'm not sure why they are so expensive, consiering they have the same specifications as the one I bought.

But anyways, I think I got a good deal, and to anyone that is interested in buying an airbrush kit, I would suggest going to Harbor Freight Tools.

[​IMG]

2. encline

encline customizer of love TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    For what you want to do with, I say great deal. That compressor is the exact one that has about three different name brands stamped on it. Including the one you saw in Micheal's. It is quiet, oil-less and easy to maintain.

Now the only issue you will have is the rubber bushings in the airbrush. That airbrush is not built for solvents such as lacquer thinner or enamel paints. That being said, it will not go out right away, but you will have to keep an eye out for leaks and such if you do use solvent based paints.

I say when you can, up grade to an Iwata Eclipse with teflon bushings. Frenzy-Rumble and my self will vouch for this gun!!!!

Thanks for letting everyone know. It is a good deal. Now get some auto-air paint!!!!

3. encline

encline customizer of love TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    double post

4. thyvipera

thyvipera ThyVipera

hey encline, good seeing you around again. r u still out of the country?

thanks for the tips, I'll be sure to upgrade asap. do you have a reccomended model? i've been looking at the eclipse hp-bcs, eclipse hp-cs, and the eclipse hp-bs.

5. frenzyrumble

frenzyrumble Banned

News Credits:
    I have an Iwata HP-C, it's got almost all original parts on it for almost 20 years now, it's a great air brush. You can find them on ebay for < $100

6. Sabrina_Ng

Sabrina_Ng La Femme Fatale

Ebay:
    Welcome to the Airbrush Club!

7. turbovf1s

turbovf1s Well-Known Member

Ebay:
  8. frenzyrumble

frenzyrumble Banned

News Credits:
    omfg turbo. best signature ever.

9. Boggs6ft7

Boggs6ft7 TFW2005 Supporter

I agree, if I need something precise, I would not buy harbor freight. But tools that you can throw around the not worry about damaging, they are good.

I've been in the market for a planer and HF has one, but I know its going to leave horrible snipe marks or just not last long.