Good deal on g1 prime?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by dkrolickm, Aug 6, 2007.

1. dkrolickm

dkrolickm Beast Wars Predacon

Ebay:
    I just bought G1 Optimus Prime with everything but his gun and box at a comic shop for 94 dollars. Couple of stickers are peeling a little, but everything else is good.
    Did i get a goog deal?
    Also mine came with a silver roller, was the original silver or blue?

2. Codimus Prime

Codimus Prime Missouri Toy Hunter

To one person thats too much... or another might think it's too little.

You are obviously pleased with it.. otherwise you wouldn't have bought it.

I'd say for all that in good shape isn't bad. Might be a hair on the high side... but still.

3. EvaUnit13

EvaUnit13 REBUILD

If you can get a gun for cheap, then hell yeah IMO(though I don't know much about G1 hunting)

4. Nightwind

Nightwind Aka Dusty Bottoms.

The price seems a little high for my taste, but if you're happy with it that's all that matters.

I believe that the silver/gray roller was the first one...

5. Wingsbr

Wingsbr Christian TF Fan :)

News Credits:
    I agree, seems a little high. Reissues are complete, minty fresh and half the price. HOWEVER, I do agree with Codimus Prime in that I have paid more than "fair market value" for my share of Tf's in my collection so it's really all up to you. If you think it was a good deal then it was.

6. Dupree

Dupree Well-Known Member

with the encore prime coming out for 50-60 complete and mint, it wasn't a good deal. If it was my in your shoes though, patience wouldn't be on my side to get encore prime and I would've done the same you did

7. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    Probably a bit more than I personally would pay (espescially with encore coming around)...but not a bad deal either, so long as you are happy with it.

8. viper2391

viper2391 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Takara or Hasbro? You should have waited for Encore which probably would cost you $50 or less. If thats an original G1 prime then maybe.

9. EvaUnit13

EvaUnit13 REBUILD

lol, Nightwind and Wingsbr have te same avatars and posted right after each other

10. RoboticPlanet

RoboticPlanet Exclusively Exclusive

News Credits:
    As mentioned already, the silver roller came with original version of Prime which has slightly different parts in compared to all other versions of prime. To keep it simple, if the figure is a pre-rubsign version and the trailer has metal plates on the inside walls, instead of a giant sticker on plastic walls, then yours is indeed the hard to find "bloated" version. Of course getting the right accessories with bloated fists, rifle, gas pump and hose is tricky. But that may be nitpicking to some, and accessories from any standard Prime will still look good for display.

If it's bloated Prime with bloated parts, that's indeed a great deal, otherwise it sounds fair for the standard version.

11. Sector Seven

Sector Seven ∞ GΣΣK™

I'd say you paid too much. I'd also recommend that you ask us if it's too much before you buy next time. ;) 

But, echoing what was said here... if you are comfortable with it and are now a happy camper, cool. Then it wasn't too much as far as you are concerned.

12. dkrolickm

dkrolickm Beast Wars Predacon

Ebay:
    Hmmm.... I Think its pre rubsign, but it has stickers on the inside trailer... also thats how its shown on the instructions.... i dont have another prime to compare to so I cant really tell if its bloated or not.
    BTW how much should a non reissue prime go for?