Good computer buy?

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Cloud Strife, May 26, 2008.

1. Cloud Strife

Cloud Strife 01000011 01000101 0101010

this weekend me and wifey cleaned up the back bedroom to make it into my "home office" if u will. i'm going through school to become a computer tech and amd starting to get some local business as my name gets out. so once i get to the thrift shop to drop off come clothes we are getting rid of i see this HP computer, monitor, keyboard/mouse ect. well i go inside to the cleark and ask how much for it. she said i've not seen it yet let's go out and look at it. we get out there she says, "how's $5 sound?" i said, "SOLD" thinking, i could probebly get some decent spare parts out of it, if i'm really lucky i might get a running computer. well i get home and fire it up. no problems at all! i do some simple cleanup of programs i don't want and do some simple virus checking. had a decent amount of viruses but in working order.
    so for $5 i got a HP Pavilion a305w
    2.7 gig processor
    256 megs of RAM
    a cd burner
    30 gig hard drive

defanetly want to upgrade the memory and HDD but all in all i think i made out like a bandit! what u think?

2. Sokar

Sokar Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    not bad for 5$.

if anything you could seal the entire thing off and fill it with mineral oil, then overclock the bejeesus out of it and see what happens

3. MegaPrime33

MegaPrime33 Follow me @NerdActivist TFW2005 Supporter

That's not bad for 5 bucks actually. You could always keep the case and just throw in new hardware. Or just upgrade the memory like you said and you got a small computer for internet surfing.