Good Call by Bay

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by lostnfound, Aug 6, 2009.

1. firehawc_69

firehawc_69 cloppers = ignore list

News Credits:
    How do you figure? I'd love to see this explanation...

*facepalm*

Try "Arcee! Twins!"

2. boxerperson

boxerperson a ringer...

Dude basically invented Megan Fox.

Fin.

3. Covenant

Covenant Mr. Roboto in Disguise

Ebay:
    Actually I'd have to say the beauty of it was that it seemed the original idea had been true to the ol'Duocon scheme where its multiple vehicles that come together to make one robot (which I love so much), but a constant whine from certain folks seemed to be "Well, what if one of the vehicles gets destroyed, eh" to which I always wondered "And what if a one bot mode, one alt mode TF takes a missile to the face, or what if they get torn in half". The point is, giving the three bikes individual bot modes as well solved that issue any could have had. I would have cared to see the combined robot as the main Arcee character, then if so chosen one bike could be killed off, the the secondary option of individual bot modes controlled by one mind could be put into play, until (it would be assumed) the third component could be repaired/rebuilt at a later time.

I don't recall that.

Details?

4. boxerperson

boxerperson a ringer...

The 1986 Transformers animated film bombed horribly.

5. nemetoad

nemetoad Well-Known Member

I do like the idea of them having separate personalities better, though I have to admit I also like the idea of one controlling three separate bodies at once. Just...not for Arcee.

Still say they should all have personalities put into them. At least speaking lines for bloody sake. I mean sure, it's more focused on action and human interaction, but I seriously miss the quirks that have existed in every tv show I've seen from Transformers. I mean, shouldn't be -too- hard for Bay and the writers to...say, create Jetstorm from Beast Machines, arrogantly chasing down cast members while rambling worse than Deadpool.

6. Toxicon

Toxicon Banned

News Credits:
    Who is nothing but eye-candy and a shitty actress.

7. boxerperson

boxerperson a ringer...

None of her acting in either Transformers film has been bad at all. And she's very GOOD eye candy.

8. Toxicon

Toxicon Banned

News Credits:
    First part, NO. Second part, sure, whatever floats your airplane.

9. boxerperson

boxerperson a ringer...

Obviously the looks thing is subjective, and I'd be the first to admit that you could go out walking in pretty much any city in the US and see several women who were even better looking than Fox, but I'm actually perplexed by your hatred of her acting. Her performance was perfectly fine. Maybe you just don't like sarcastic girls?

10. Covenant

Ebay:
    Okay, I see what I did there. Totally read the post the wrong way.

But why do people always have to say it bombed? I don't get that. It's like unless you're an instant multi-million dollar earning box office smash, you're nothing. Now I love G1 with a passion, and wear no rose tinted shades when I watch both the awesomesauce and the horrific facepalms that is the oldschool animated flick, but a flick produced to sell the new line of Transformers pulling in a bit under two million opening weekend, and just under six million worldwide in the 80's alone, receiving '87 award nominations for best feature film in animation as well as a young artist award nomination doesn't sound as bad as many make it out to be. I know, I know, its been said by a few that the budget for the film was six million, but every time I try to ask for a source (because I really want to know and be honest in the matter) no one comes up with anything. I'm pretty sure that info's not even available. Yeah it wasn't a box office blowout of a success, I wouldn't imply otherwise, but it didn't tank as bad as people imply. If you want a 1986 animated bomb about a transforming species, try 'Battle of the Rock Lords'. It totally tanked with less than 2 million.

And the '86 film was a kid's movie, animated like the cartoon it came from, the really long toy commercial for Rodimus, Magnus, & Springer. Well, yeah, it kicked ass in many areas of action and certainly in voice acting cast, but the point is; Attempting to imply cg rendered Transformers in live action environments for a film where they get the focus deserve will bomb because a 1986 cartoon flick didn't do so great seems... ....a stretch?

Like...a Mr. Fantastic level stretch?

11. Primesfist

Primesfist Well-Known Member

He should've used them more and stopped giving dead dialogue to annoying human characters like Leo.

12. Ziero

Ziero TFW2005 Supporter

They could at least have introduced him early on in the movie )=

I mean, unless you already knew to look for him, he just comes from no where to do his split second cameo. It's painfully obvious in both scenes he's in could have been done exactly the same without him.

Actually, they *were* referred to as "The Arcee Twins".

13. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Searching for the Infin-Honey Stones

News Credits:
    I actually do not think it was a good call. The tripartite persona idea is actually pretty cool.

14. Covenant

Ebay:
    I've seen the film multiple times, the wife & kid keep dragging me back, and I've never heard this at all, ever. Lennox says "Arcee, Twins" and that's it. At first, before considering Skids & Mudflap dickin' around, fumbling each other in the alley, I thought Lennox was referring solely to the bikes in that there was Arcee, then the other two were twins. Given now the actual context in which he radios them, and the fact all three Fembikes have their own individual looks, it's clear he's giving standard commands to first 'Arcee' (the three cycles) and then the 'Twins' (Skids & Mudflap).

Unless there's another part in the movie to which you're referring.

15. Toxicon

Toxicon Banned

News Credits:
    Agreed, the looks are subjective. But when she "acts" she just looks bored and uncaring. Coupled with the fact that she is an utter bitch in real life, I just don't like her. But that's just my opinion. If you like her, more power to you. :) 

16. Covenant

Ebay:
    She has the generic voice of every stuck-up better-off-than-everyone girl I recall going to school with.

17. Toxicon

Toxicon Banned

News Credits:
    Same. Except I'm STILL in school with them. :lol 

18. Nightrain

Nightrain Senior Villain

News Credits:
    I thought I heard that. It confused me because I was never clear if there were supposed to be two or three of them. Everything was filmed in such a jumbled manner with almost no dialogue that it became impossible to stop for a minute and figure out who was who.

19. Shadow25

Shadow25 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I am 100% sure that Lennox said "Arcee, Twins!" since both Arcee and the Twins responded. And the way he said it, there was a definite pause, like "Ar-CEE! Twins!" So I'm positive he was calling Arcee (and her sisters), Skids, and Mudflap.

20. Nightrain

Nightrain Senior Villain

News Credits:
    How do you explain the "The"?