Good Call by Bay

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by lostnfound, Aug 6, 2009.

1. lostnfound

lostnfound Contructiconvict

Bay gets a lot of criticism around here for things done in the TF Movies, some deserved and some not, but we aren't gonna get into that - at least not right now.

I'd just like to bring it to people's attention that it was Bay who wanted the '3 Arcees' portrayed as 3 separate beings (arcee, flareup, and chromia) as opposed to Orci and Kurtzman who wanted them to be simply be the single individual Arcee.

Can't we all agree that this was a good move by Bay. I dont really like the idea of them just being one robot. I always thought of them as 3 different transformers that simply were addressed through their captain - arcee.

Thoughts?

2. Rodimus Major

Rodimus Major Custom User Title

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yep, if we hadn't had them be 3 seperate beings, we would have missed out on all their characterization, and the conversations they had which really showed how different each bike was, personality-wise.

3. Spoon

Spoon Banned

I see what you did there.

4. KingGrimlock

KingGrimlock Assuming Direct Control

Would it have mattered if there weren't three, its not like they played an important role.

5. darthrage

darthrage Leader Class

News Credits:
    good one!!

6. lostnfound

lostnfound Contructiconvict

I like how everyone expects 40+ Robots to have intense individualization and character development.

Not to mention all the people that are disappointed and angered that either there wasn't enough robots or that some duplicates are used in the story somehow.

7. Spoon

Spoon Banned

Already been said.

Albeit, classier.

8. Primesfist

Primesfist Well-Known Member

Doesn't really matter as these characters weren't used at all by Bay. They may have well not been in it.

9. MegaHavok

MegaHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    My thought is where did you read this? do you have a source?
    Also who cares who won the argument?. The Biker chicks are handled so quickly/poorly in the movie it's hard to say what they are

10. Shockscream

Shockscream Chairman of Nerd Day

News Credits:
    I don't blame him for not using them. The idea of the three being one being didn't really gel with me. As it didn't work for Bay, he cut it out as much as possible. Good on him.

11. Starscreamer95

Starscreamer95 'Civil' Nintendo Fanboy

News Credits:
    This.

12. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

I agree that I like his idea better than the writer's idea.

But then I've also got to agree that it didn't seem to matter in the movie because we don't really get much to go by on them. I guess it would matter more of the toys and the comic books that try to give them some character.

13. Optimus Sledge

Optimus Sledge Yar har fiddle di dee

I love how when something is inarguably bad, we have to remember that there's a writing team and producers responsible. When something might actually be good ZOMG BAY IS TEH AWESOME SUCK IT YUO BAYHATERES!!!!

14. Covenant

Covenant Mr. Roboto in Disguise

Ebay:
    :thumbs2: 

And for the record, I wanted the split mind treatment. I'm a long-time avid fan of Duocons and had been wanting and suggesting on the official TF movie site since before the first film went into production I'd have cared for a film-brand Arcee Duobot with her splitting into a motorcycle & something else. When I heard she was going to be RotF as a set of three cycles, a Triobot design if you will, I was impressed & potentially pleased. But there was no combining for robot mode, or even a gestalt brand combination, and apparently if I can manage to find all three Deluxe bikes I can treat myself to trying to figure a movie-line design for a three cycle combiner on my own.

Sorry, no pat on the head for Bay from me on this one at all.

:thumbdown 

15. firehawc_69

firehawc_69 cloppers = ignore list

News Credits:

Agreed. I wanted it as well. It was original and we would have actually gotten our combiner Arcee, not 2/3 of it and left hanging...

16. montague78

montague78 For Cybertron!!

Triplets are hawt!!

17. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Nothing's ever inarguably bad. Somebody's going to like it if someone doesn't.

And nobody here said Bay was awesome, just that he agrees that keeping the three bikes seperate was a good idea. I love how whenever somebody offers their opinion in a calm and downplayed manner (which is a rarity) somebody has to come in and pretend they've gone all crazy lover/hater, just because they're not completely indifferent.

18. Optimus Sledge

Optimus Sledge Yar har fiddle di dee

Actually, he doesn't just agree that keeping the bikes as seperate characters was a good idea, he suggests that we should all agree. Evidently, we do not.

Nothing is inarguably bad? You might want to rethink that, or at least try sticking a red hot poker up yer bum.

19. KingStarscream9

KingStarscream9 Destroy

Ok this is good what Bay(with team) did:

1.He created transformers movie.Thats why transformers fans should like him.
    2.He acctualy translated G1 to these incretible robots.
    3.Lots of amaizing characters,action.
    4.He make feeling that you are watching not childish transformers but big metal machines,wich destroys everything around.
    5.Nice locations.

Bad things:

1.childish jokes(ROTF)
    2.twins(mudflap and skids)
    3.very poor plot in ROFT
    4.Alice pretender
    5.Robot dublicates

continue list if I missed something

So I think that 1st transformers movie was best.cant imagine it better.the problem is that Micheal bay was tired when making 2nd movie and just made some stupid mistakes.Anyway keeping same writters is just HUGE mistake.Bay needs fresh flesh,with good ideas.If he could hire comedian,action movie and drama writters it may be interesting mix.

Just my 2 cents

20. Alexander Quinn

Alexander Quinn Well-Known Member

Since the avereage movie-goer was just generally left confused by the bikes in general, we're just slipping this one into the official poorly handled folder and moving on. No gold star for poorly handled work for anyone involved.