good beast wars episodes

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by megatronkicksas, Dec 15, 2008.

1. megatronkicksas

megatronkicksas Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I want to get into beast wars but I don't know where to start. I have been a big truk not munky fan for years. I remember bw as a kid with my favorite charecter as cheetor (ofcousre) never bought any toys though. Because of beast wars being re-installed in universe I have wanted to get into it but didn't know how. So what do you recomend. I don't mind the graphics but I do mind mindless kid appeal charecter lines.

2. AniProwl

AniProwl Banned

News Credits:
  3. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    Beast Wars has a pretty cohesive storyline, especially in the later seasons. I suggest starting from the very first episode, and simply going from there. If you don't want to do that, check out episodes like Dark Designs, Power Surge, or Possession from season 1. They'll give you a feel for the series without giving away any major plot points from the overarcing storyline.

But in my opinion, watch them in order, and give the show a chance. It starts off a little slow, and the animation quality in the first season has aged a bit poorly, but it has some of the best writing and characters in any transformers series.

4. kwickstrike

kwickstrike Banned

Ebay:
    code of hero is the best bw episode ever

5. Nemesis Predaking

Nemesis Predaking Offical Enforcer WTF@TFW Veteran

News Credits:
    I agree, start at the begining.
    If you must watch just one episode "Code of hero" is the best one PERIOD !!!

6. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Sorcerer

News Credits:
    It would be nice if when people asked about Beast Wars episodes, people didn't automatically jump to 'Code of Hero'. Not because it's not a fantastic episode (it is), but a big part of what makes it such a great episode is that it is the coda to something that started quite literally with the first episode of the series and is the payoff to dozens of episodes of character arcing. In other words, you're suggesting they watch the episode that pays off the most for having watched all the prior episodes first as an uninitiated viewers first episode, where they have no connections to the characters or their histories, which robs it of most of its power, not to mention spoils a character arc, and even if you succeeded in winning said doubting Thomas over, now you've set the bar high and ruined the best character arc a kids TV character has ever had for them.

If you want a single episode that's not first season, I'd suggest something like 'Transmutate', which shows off the series characterization, voice acting, and writing strengths without being tied to a seasonal storyarc or knowing the background and characters to really enjoy.

However, despite what any viewers whims may be, and as groan worthy as some of the first season episodes are, watching BW from the pilot to the finale creates an experience as a whole far greater then the sum of it's parts in watching only a few select episodes. I will add of course, that IMHO, no series ever has the first season as the best season, and BW is no exception, but it is a great series on a number of levels.

7. Sideways

Sideways Banned

Transmutate is a great one along with code of hero.
    IMO, Beast Wars is awesome altogether!

8. Buzzer-Bot

Buzzer-Bot Kamikaze

Optimal Situation and Nemesis were pretty good.Season 1 was worth watching,season 2 was better and season 3 was the best!

9. Omega Charge

Omega Charge Prepare for trouble...

News Credits:
    Watch the whole thing if you can. "Code of Hero" is the best one, but not unless you've discovered the story/characters first, namely Dinobot.

10. megatronkicksas

megatronkicksas Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ok i'll do that.

11. DieMaus

DieMaus is blawesome

News Credits:
    Wait, you'll do what? Because that choice was an absolute either/or: if you're dead set on watching only one episode, watch "Code of Hero". If you have any intention of getting into the show properly, then start at the beginning, and actively avoid "Code of Hero" until you actually get to that point in the series, or else you'll spoil one of the best bits of the whole series.