Good basic Voyager-sized TF body for a MEGATRON Custom?

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by blaynescott, Jul 25, 2011.

1. blaynescott

blaynescott Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Hi everyone,

I'm thinking of making my own non-transforming Megatron, using some of the IDW 'All Hail Megatron' art as a reference and lots of custom cut/shaped styrene/PLA board. I wanted to make him roughly in scale with the iGear PP01 Prime (As I'll be using the Megatron head that comes with the PP01E).

Does anyone have suggestions on a super articulated bot-body I should use? I'm hoping to find something that already has an ab-flex/crunch (or a ball joint instead of a simple wait-cut).

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I suppose what I'm aiming for is for something like the Revoltech Megatron, but larger/Voyager sized, and without the tiny head/joints that always fall out. ;) 

Even if the base figure you could suggest is a Non-TF bot, I'd appreciate any advice. :) 

Thanks!
    -Blayne
    Custom Toys & Action Figures
    http://blayne.dark-ware.org/

Attached Files:

2. rxlthunder

rxlthunder Banned

News Credits:
    This will sound really stupid, but Classics Voyager Optimus Prime. The overall blockiness of the figure could look good as a base body for the fig.

3. Satomiblood

Satomiblood City Hunter

I'd say that Classics Megatron is your best choice since (1) it's a voyager, and (2) it's a solid base to build off of. I've seen people take this mold and modify it into an even more G1 look. You could try buying a junker or perhaps a KO.

4. Bigbot3030

Bigbot3030 Well-Known Member

Even stupider question, why don't you use the classics version? remove his "wings" and some minor modding, and you've got a really decent Megatron. there have been several people here that have modded theirs to look more G1. I think Megatron31 did one.....

Randy!

5. dkr7

dkr7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    if you cant wait for an inevitable 3rd party release of a Megatron the size of PP01 then i'd suggest maybe modding a PP01 to get the right size, if already has the blockyness and articulation not sure about the waist tho. But i'd suggest maybe waiting as PP02 was gonna be Megatron but i think he's been delayed and getting a new Mold in iGears PP01 series for G1 bots