Goldeneye 007 on Wii

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Skywave, Nov 2, 2010.

1. Skywave

Skywave Transformers Noob

So I've not seen any thread about the game, but if my search-fu failed please delete/close/merge or whatever.

Goldeneye was for me my first FPS game (stuff made before like Doom looked boring to me) and now I'm totally anticipating this remake! I'm going to get the game tomorrow (the bundle with the golden controller!) and can't wait to play it!

The review also came out today GoldenEye 007 Review - Wii Review at IGN, dissipating all doubt about "will it be as good as the original"!

So who else is waiting for the game? :D 

2. Rewind

Rewind Be Kind TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Huh, I didn't know there was a remake. Goldeneye was the last FPS that I actually enjoyed playing. We used to set up a couple TVs, put up a sheet in the middle of the room and cover half the screen so we could play and not see where anybody was.

3. iwasherenotyou

iwasherenotyou Medical Officer

News Credits:
    9.0? That's just awesome. I've been wanting to get this game for a long time and now that it's out I want it BADLY!

4. Mumps

Mumps <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and

Bought it today. Have no time to play it. Crap!

5. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Kindly post your reaction :D . I really want this and Kirby for my Wii, but I want to know if Goldeneye is any good :) 

6. The Barracuda

The Barracuda Retro, bitches.

Bought it and played the first level. Not bad so far, but I still have to get used to the controls. Goldeneye 64 set the absolute standard for amazing, intuitive FPS controls and whether I used the wii-mote or the classic controller, something still seems off. I'm going to try the gamecube controller or I'll force myself to get used to the wii-mote, considering I got used to Metroid Prime quite easily. I think if you were even a moderate fan of the original, you should enjoy it.

7. Kando

Kando Well-Known Member

Does the GameCube controller work for this game?

I'll go google it. I may want to buy this game. Loved Goldeneye.

8. Atomsplitter

Atomsplitter Needs a new title.

I was on the fence for this, having loved GoldenEye back in the day, but 2 things in that review really struck me:

1: Totally redoing the stoy mode with Daniel Craig. I'm not sure this is a bad thing, seems a little odd to do a remake but totally change it, but whatever. From the sounds of it it works well. Just strange, to me.

2: No classic maps? This is another place where doing a remake, but not using the awesome old maps is just strange.

Still on the fence, but probably won't pick this up for a while because of all the other big games out. Poor Wii is neglected.

9. Blackout32

Blackout32 Subdivisions

Seen that tonight at gamestop but didn't buy it cause I am not into 007 games but the box looked cool though.

10. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Is it four-player split screen?

11. Recall

Recall Player Select

News Credits:
    Yup, yup. No chop melee though so you can't go around bitch slapping your friends :( 

12. Starfire22

Starfire22 I am dirty dan!

News Credits:
    Great the golden gun, more weapons, and characters, what more could you ask for?

13. Joe Moore

Joe Moore Is Not Jim... Administrator

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Glad to see the did it right. I was never into Golden Eye on the N64, but I get why people dug it. So it's good to see that the remake hit most of the right notes and comes out as a top notch shooter. Added to my Gamefly. :) 

14. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If I can get some friends to commit, I am getting this. The problem is that I have literally not supported my Wii for shit, so I only have one classic controller and an old GameCube Controller. But the GC controllers are cheap as sin now (and better than the classics anyway)

Come on.... who here planted remote mines in the restroom stall and sat there watching your buddy go for the Golden Gun? This and Turok probably accounted for more hours of madness than even Halo for me and my friends.

15. Sangron

Sangron Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    awwww memories

16. Rewind

Rewind Be Kind TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    :lol  That was me! I was such a bastard with those and proximity mines that my friends sometimes hated playing with me. :) 

I can't wait to play this. Too bad the chop feature is gone, that was always good for a laugh.

17. Eric

Eric RIP AND TEAR!!!

News Credits:
    Good memories of a great game...

But, I'm a bit skeptical about how well this game will do. From what I've seen, it seems as though the remake just doesn't have that charm the original had.

18. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I would be happy with an almost direct port on my 360 or PS9, with Local play. Happiness abound. It's not that I mind the wii at all, it's just that I don't have enough controllers.

19. Skywave

Skywave Transformers Noob

Started playing today, and tried to play with the remote + nunchuck, and god it's not easy! Will have to try the shiny controller that came with it to see if it's easier with a more "standard" control scheme. I'm at the snow level so far and still not much used to the control.

Other than that, the game is really cool, there's a lot of scripted stuff that make the thing really more lively! And I kinda like the retelling of the story, makes it more worthwhile than if it was a straight remake (not that that would've been bad either).