Gold Megalo Convoy Image Gallery

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by TF@TM, Jan 19, 2007.

1. TF@TM

TF@TM Lucky Draw Collector

News Credits:
    We managed to pick up a Lucky Draw Gold Megalo Convoy a few weeks back, which arrived earlier in the week. You can see images of him, his gold Mini-Con and gold LOC Convoy along with our new Lucky Draw White Moon gallery at Transformers @ The Moon.

I've never been a huge fan of the toy, although upon getting Metroplex recently from TRU, he did grow on me (maybe just because of the name Metroplex). The Gold Version is quiet nice, there is very little gold plastic (the two small parts on his chest, "ears", "face cover" and then the joints.

The toy came direct from Japan and is the only one we know of so far (they were limited to around 50) and came out with Gold Master Galvatron (who also doesn't seem to appear much). Those two seem like the hardest to find Lucky Draw's since the Beast Wars Neo toys - probably as they were the last ones released.

Storying the Lucky Draws is becoming a problem now - they are now in three piles (larger toys), have a mini-shelf and a couple sit on top of our cupboard. We have 25 now, including the three largest (Unicron, Omega Supreme, Megalo Convoy) and the smallest (White Moon). We just need Silver Galaxy Convoy to complete the Galaxy Force Set (other than the custom colour and the force chips).

Any comments on the Golden Lankey one?

2. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    Whoah. That's insanely impresseive, d00d. Also odd how I see a lot more of G1 Fort Max in him whenhe's all one colour like that (especially in the front-on shot you use on your news article).

3. Codimus Prime

Codimus Prime Missouri Toy Hunter

wow... that is crazy!!!

4. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Very cool - congrats on adding that to your collection, and for making pics available to the rest of us. You've really got a niche in a corner of the TF toy world that few of us get to see.

If Takara were to release these as a limited run of say 500 or so, I'd pay maybe double the retail price of a standard version. Same thing goes for pretty much any of the lucky draw figs.

5. onesock

onesock Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Daaaaaaang!

That's nice!

6. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Translatorminator

News Credits:
    Shiny. That reminds me of the Great Goldran reissue.

7. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That's alotta gold. What was the largest lucky draw gold figure?

8. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    well he's not really much bigger than mp convoy.