Gold Magmatron Gallery

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by TF@TM, May 14, 2006.

1. TF@TM

TF@TM Lucky Draw Collector

News Credits:
    How many of you knew this toy existed? We'd heard of Black Magmatron and Blue Big Convoy a few years ago, but only relativley recently heard of this guy - Gold Magmatron from one of TV Magazine's Lucky Draws.

We've got pictures of him boxed (which interestingly was done wrong - Landsaurus' tail was not connecting, nor was Seasaurus' neck), in animal forms (Allasaur, Plesiosaur and Terasaur), combined animal form and robot mode on our site now - there's 199 pics in all, though some are very similar.

We wanted to get as many pics as possible, as the toy is extremely rare - we're not sure how many he is limited to, but we believe under 10. Going by BW2 draws the gold toys could be limited to 1 - but we doubt that (we're still investigating the numbers).

Like many chrome Lucky Draw toys, he can't transform correctly, as the points are too thick for the holes they fit in (due to the chrome paint).

Fits in nicely this week after the IDW news about the Beast Wars series getting a sequal - fantastic comic that one.

2. Dreweido

Dreweido Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I just saw this in the last month... did you guys post a link to it in April? Maybe not... I know I saw it for the first time recently though. Very cool... I hope it's not just limited to 1!

3. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    DAYUM!! That's hot to trot! :rock 

4. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Damn, you guys get all the best toys! I've never even heard of that one before, given Takara's habit toward chrome I shouldn't be surprised, though.

5. TF@TM

News Credits:
    We'd not heard of it until we were offered it, and then did some digging on it's history.

Drew: Yeah we had a Part 1 gallery up (Remy style) of Dino-mode, though kept it quiet (we linked to it in some obscure posts) as we wanted to finish the gallery.

We've had some cool LD's offer to us recently (one which is our dream toy) - but we just can't afford it at the moment. We have 1 more lined up to buy - just need to transfer the money - then it's work out if there is anyway to get the others people have offered (or said they can get).

We thought, 4 a year would be cool, and would mean we could save up. As it is, it's been more than 1 a month this year - hence why we've started our own LuckyDraw website - judt to focus on the toys.

6. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Need to start collecting tv magazines to discover all these hidden jewels.

Goldy Mag looks awesome. Thanks for all the pics.
    Never knew he existed either.

A lucky Draw website would be so great. Would be a highly rewarding experience if pulled off.

7. TF@TM

News Credits:
    I point you towards Lucky Draw Transformers - still in the creation stage, it's currently got a complete list of Lucky Draw toys (well all that we know off), links to various galleries and two "information pages" - showing the kind of detail we hope to bring on all the toys (just formatted better than it currently is).

We'll have price-points (listing the latest selling prices for the toys)
    Location breakdown - which countries are the toys in now
    Limited numbers - info on what they are limited to, and how it is broken down.

For example, many Lucky Draws are limited to 25 in the magazines, then are also released as TRU competitions and other stores. Usually the magazine toys come with letters, store versions don't. Add to that the testshots, and you can see why there are several for sale (i.e. 5 Blue Flame Convoy's on ebay in a week).

Man, just noticed how broke I am. Was trying to see if I could bid on a Yahoo Japan auction, but the old bank account says I'd better not even fill my motorbike up ;-(

8. butz

butz slippery when wet

Looks really cool, but theres no way I'll ever be able to get my hands on one. A little off topic, but how much does the BM version of this guy run nowadays?

9. Ktulu

Ktulu Whoosh TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I didn't know about it, but it doesn't surprise me. There was a point in time when every single Takara Transformer seemed to be coming out in variations such as translucent red, all silver, all gold, all black, etc. I guess it's still going on, but it doesn't seem as bad as a few years ago, or perhaps I'm crazy.

10. TF@TM

News Credits:
    Superlink had the most amount of Lucky Draw toys for quite some time, (9 of the top of my head) plus 2 Magazine Exclusives. Back in the Beastie days things were much quieter (for the most part) (5 confirmed BW2, and many rumoured), 3 confirmed BW Neo - though the original Convoy ape was done in as many colours as a rainbow.

You don't see many Magmatron BM's around much, at least over here you don't