Customs: Gold Chrome Paint?

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by Bobby Lemain, Jul 13, 2007.

1. Bobby Lemain

Bobby Lemain Cassette Man

I know that there was a chroming question that arose so, I still change it. Has anyone used this or the one made my krylon?
    [​IMG]
    I just watched the G1 episode of the Golden Lagoon and I was thinking of coating a KO with "Electrum", and yes, I know it will probably chip because of the inability to use clearcoat (ruining the finish) so... any info?

2. dak

dak <b><font color=blue>I am DAK! The customizer!</fon

News Credits:
    clear coat won't ruin the finish. It will actually make it better. but it depends on the type of glearcoat you use. Use an automotive clear coat. it goes on clear, and keeps the gloss, and makes it better.

3. dak

News Credits:
    clear coat won't ruin the finish. It will actually make it better. but it depends on the type of glearcoat you use. Use an automotive clear coat. it goes on clear, and keeps the gloss, and makes it better.

4. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    Not when I tried it. I used the chrome paint and it looked fantastic. Maybe I didn't let it cure long enough, but handling it made it lose it's shine. So I tried an automotive clearcoat to protect it and they came out looking like polished aluminum. That's quite a bit different than chrome. BTW, this was for my long repro stacks for 20th Prime. I sold quite a few of them to people on the boards and at OTFCC that year.

5. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    Not when I tried it. I used the chrome paint and it looked fantastic. Maybe I didn't let it cure long enough, but handling it made it lose it's shine. So I tried an automotive clearcoat to protect it and they came out looking like polished aluminum. That's quite a bit different than chrome. BTW, this was for my long repro stacks for 20th Prime. I sold quite a few of them to people on the boards and at OTFCC that year.

6. dak

News Credits:
    handling the chrome paint un protected will make it loose it's shine. IN the paint are little tiny metal flakes, and every time it's touched or rubbed, it will come off. So touching the paint un protected, and not letting it cure long enough will make it become less shiny.

7. dak

News Credits:
    handling the chrome paint un protected will make it loose it's shine. IN the paint are little tiny metal flakes, and every time it's touched or rubbed, it will come off. So touching the paint un protected, and not letting it cure long enough will make it become less shiny.

8. Bobby Lemain

excellent.

Thank-you very much.

When I come across a reasonable priced KO I'll make it "invincible" lol

9. Bobby Lemain

excellent.

Thank-you very much.

When I come across a reasonable priced KO I'll make it "invincible" lol

10. dak

News Credits:
    another thing too. the more layers you put of this paint, the better it will look.

11. dak

News Credits:
    another thing too. the more layers you put of this paint, the better it will look.

12. AutoCon2076

AutoCon2076 Brightest can in toolshed

Remember to lightly scuff the figure before applying paint. On its own, paint has rather poor adhesion. Either lightly coat the figure with adhesion promoter or like I said, scuff it. A scuffing pad or 180g sandpaper would work.

~Z

13. AutoCon2076

AutoCon2076 Brightest can in toolshed

Remember to lightly scuff the figure before applying paint. On its own, paint has rather poor adhesion. Either lightly coat the figure with adhesion promoter or like I said, scuff it. A scuffing pad or 180g sandpaper would work.

~Z