Gokin Machine Robo / Gobots!

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Sol Fury, Feb 6, 2015.

?

Which "Guardian GoBots" would you buy as part of the Machine Robo toys

1. Dozer

17.6%
  2. Dumper

15.3%
  3. Flip-Top

17.2%
  4. Hans-Cuff

20.3%
  5. Man-O-War

23.0%
  6. Pumper

14.9%
  7. Rest-Q

24.9%
  8. Royal-T

32.2%
  9. Scooter

42.1%
  10. Small Foot

34.1%
  11. Stax

28.7%
  12. None of the above.

14.9%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. IceConvoy

IceConvoy Jikuu Keiji

News Credits:
    Bought SOC Baikanfu renewal version in the ebay flash sale yesterday. With that money I probably could have bought most of the remaining Gokin Machine Robo figures I’m missing, but figured I should get this one before it becomes harder to find. Can’t wait for it to arrive.

• Like Like x 1
  2. IczerRyuga

IczerRyuga Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    Can't wait to see how Baikanfu looks. Hopefully you can do individual shots of the bots including Leina. Oh..how 'bout some bonus features like the booklet it came with? I'm curious of that too.

Also,am I the only one who's bum that Machine Robo Battlehackers should've had animation like this:
    I really wish Masami Obari or Shinya Ohira came back to do animation for Battlehackers. They would've made slick flying animation for Mach Blaster or even R. Jettan as they cruise through the skies and burst through Uwappas.

R.Jetan attack.png The best looking animation for BH imho.
    And yes,these blue dudes are called Uwappas: Whoppers.png

These Uwappas and Shitappas are the most weaboo-est of all foot soldiers possible. I love 'em. Though I hate their official name ranks. It sounds stupid imo. Oh yeah,uwappa.png Turtler.png Turtler 2.png Whoppers 2.png I would have called them 'Turtlers' and 'Skyboy' sentries like I said before.

• Like Like x 1
  3. BB Shockwave

BB Shockwave Behold, Gagatron!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    So since I have expanded my Gobot and Rocklord collection a lot recently (I pretty much bought all my missing Rock Lords, including the more rare ones like Solitaire and Spearhead, super cheap, from a british guy) I finally sat down and created a list of haves and wants in excel, same as for my TFs. And I am a bit confused on variants, so I hope some of the people here can help - Counter-X no longer answers emails or updates his site, it seems.
    -I have not one, not two, but FOUR different Dive-Dives! I cannot tell which one is a KO or not, as I cannot find any Tonka markings on even the one that feels genuine. I have two blue ones, but one has a very different head shape than what is shown in online photos, plus I have a grey one and a black one too. Anyone knows which is which?
    -I have a white-blue Water Walk, I know the Japanese one was like this, but this one only has the MR number markings in his feet, so I am wondering if it is a KO.
    -All the Fitors I have are super cheap quality, with the feet especially feeling too thin plastic. Is he really so shitty in quality, or are these KOs? Is there any way to tell?
    -I have two different Tux-es - one with silver grill, one with black painted grill and british stickers. I assume the latter is the EU version?
    -I know there are two different color variants of Staks - one where the truck's back and his feet are blue and another where they are black... I have a third one though, where they are dark grey. What version is that?
    -I have a white Night Ranger with "Harley Robo" stickers - is that the MR version, or was the sticker the same on the European "Robo Machine" release?

Why is Donny Finkleberg Robot Master in the crowd? Is the guy Cy-Kill decapitates one of the Revenge of Cronos anime badguys? And why use the Machine Robo face sculpt for Cy-Kill instead of the more well known Challenge of the Gobots one, when this is a Gobot comic?

I have read the whole thing, and am convinced all the people who praise his comic as high art must be hipsters or doing it ironically. It was a terrible mess, and in Hungary pretty much all the TF and GI Joe fans I know uniformly hated it. I know why Scioli did what he did - he wrote things as if kids were playing with these toys without ANY idea whom they represented, and making up stuff as they went along - but that did not fit with the rather grisly themes and scenes, plus I have to question why he did this with two very well known franchises. Plus why did he have to draw all this in Jack Kirby's art style and write it using his grandiouse speech pattern? Why connect such very different things? It'd be like if I did a Barbie vs My Little Pony crossover, and drew it and write it in crazy ol Frank Miller's style, in Sin City b&w, because why not? :D 

That is a very apt reference. Plus darn it, I need to continue watching those TNG blurays. :) 

Last edited: Oct 5, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  4. RKillian

RKillian http://www.rktoyandhobby.com

News Credits:
    I don't like him. Long before the Walky crowd put their mitts on it, I tried to get him to help me with a GoBots wiki and he was non-responsive then too. I have almost enough GoBots stuff to do a "Batman - Animated" style book but my design/layout skills are rusty and could've used his help. Anyway...

The grey is a KO and so is the black. I would have to find my Dive Dive to tell you where the markings are (I want to say inside the arms or something) but he should have an almost spherical chromed head.

There is a white/blue KO of Waterwalk. I have it but it's MOC so I can't say what markings are on it. I would assume one in MR colors with only MR markings would be an MR original.

His lower legs do have a thin feeling to them. I used to break the wings off of them very easily. The upper half should feel fairly sturdy though.

My guess would be the ~1990 Robo Machine version from Europe.

This I've never heard of. If I were to guess, it would be a Robo Machine release.

Unfortunately I don't know a whole lot about the Robo Machine releases. They seemed to be a mishmash of GoBots and Machine Robo. From what I see online, they came with MR sticker sheets so it could really be either. Don't even try to figure out what MR version some of this stuff is...Bandai released some of these figures three times in Japan. I've seen CyKill in two different boxes and on a card.

5. RKillian

News Credits:
    I think that's supposed to be Matt. He used the Action Toys design for Turbo in another page that was posted. He also alternates between MR and GoBot faces for Leader1.

And @Lucas35 saying it's not a reboot because there wasn't a GoBots comic in the 1980s is wrong. One, GoBots Magazine had a few pages of comics in every issue. Two, I have a stack of GoBots comics from the South American market. Three, I have a Robo Machine annual from 1986 that I was fairly sure was a comic book (though it's been years since I looked at it and I only bought it for the cover art). Four, if the definition of "comic" expands enough, it'll include several story books.

I understand that GoBots lost out to TransFormers. I think it was the wrong outcome but whatever. What I don't understand is how people can come out of the woodwork as being super fans of anything except wanting it to be totally different. If you don't like how a brand was, you weren't a fan. You can be a fan of the new direction but you can't say you were a fan before that. We're on a TF board so it's usually people that love G1 except they hate G1 but now and then I have to read that sort of nonsense about GoBots too.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2018
  6. IczerRyuga

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:

Ok,finally I get to talk about this guy. Yeah,Counter-X seems to have a LOT of beef with Machine Robo Revenge of Cronos and beyond. I dunno why he hates Cronos that bad. Sure,Gobots isn't the type that ppl would look back as good but a LOT of good came out of it and Tom Scioli,despite his sub-par art,he was enthusiastic about bringing Machine Robo/Gobots back.

Counter-X seems to like the OG Machine Robo with the Machine Robo vs Devil Invaders idea of them living in Romulus originally. It would be great if Albegas was the intro to Machine Robo but that's another story.

I really don't mind the world in Revenge of Cronos and certainly in Battlehackers that Hideki Sonoda created. If anything,I feel Tom Prankerd/Counter-X was a hater. But that's my take on him.

7. RKillian

News Credits:
    Really? Seems like he craps all over Challenge of the GoBots more than anything. I wouldn't have let him write any articles...the personality that comes through sounds like a crankier Walky.

• Like Like x 1
  8. IczerRyuga

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    So it seems that he's hating on both fronts. Nothing goes past this guy's hater-ness. Intriguing. I do remember him saying in his article that Gobots was everything of an american toy-commercial cliche',then Revenge of Cronos was an anime-cliche' cesspool. Guess things don't sit well with this guy.

I've read some of the stuffings he wrote on his "articles" in his website. Seems Tom Prankerd isn't dedicated enough to like most of the stuff by Bandai/Tonka. Hehe. Also,he called Triple Jim the worst thing to exist in Machine Robo: Counter-X >> Gobots >> Reviews >> Triple Jim

And if we gave him a job to write an article,fire him. He's not worth it.

Also,if you think I'm joking with him hating on Revenge of Cronos: Counter-X >> Gobots >> Machine Robo - Revenge of Cronos >> Overview There's a lot of spite in this,it's baffling to wonder why he never replies anymore considering that attitude.

9. IceConvoy

IceConvoy Jikuu Keiji

News Credits:
    My Machine Robos were in storage for a while, but I decided to dig them out with the arrival of Baikanfu.

They look good together. I definitely need to finally get the other four Gokin Machine Robo I’m missing.
    414E7C36-ABBE-414C-AD9B-BBD9678E3D1C.jpeg

So this display is me testing out how these other figures work with the MR characters. I have Microman Wecker Signa characters repurposed as Cronos Tribe warriors and Studio Series Bumblebee and Jazz (who got cut off) are there because, despite aesthetics, they just sized so well with everyone else. I had gotten Bumblebee to be my CHUG Bugbite anyway.

SOC Leopardon is there because after seeing those Robo Machine ads, it just seemed appropriate.

• Like Like x 7
  10. RKillian

News Credits:
    I thought that was pretty mild compared to what he says about Challenge of the GoBots over 60+ reviews.

11. Toolala

Toolala Breast Master

Only one thing missing in that display....
    MOTHER SLAGGING BLUE JET :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: 

• Like Like x 1
  12. IczerRyuga

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    Ah,so you placed the Micromen as Chronos Tribe ppl. That's pretty cool. If Leopaldon's toy at the time were to be repurposed as a Machine Robo citizen,he'd either become a Devil Invader or a Gyandlar or even Gurendos. He'd be colored purple and black as evil. Or he'll be a good guy and colored brown and green. He'll be renamed Kumo-Liger and instances of him being Spiderman's mech will be removed. He'll be as gigantic as Gattai-Saurer,Land Commander and Battle Armor 5 and Baikanfu alongside Devil Satan 6.

All's well that you made use of the knowledge of the Robo Machine ads,I still feel upset on certain things. If only.. Dangaioh_B_Club_Visual_Comic_000E.jpg Dangaioh_B_Club_Visual_Comic_096.jpg Dangaioh_B_Club_Visual_Comic_090.jpg Dangaioh_B_Club_Visual_Comic_091.jpg Dangaioh_B_Club_Visual_Comic_070.jpg Dangaioh_B_Club_Visual_Comic_071.jpg Dangaioh_B_Club_Visual_Comic_072.jpg Dangaioh_B_Club_Visual_Comic_073.jpg
    If only... albegas.jpg And most certainly....and especially IF only...'sigh' :(  tumblr_lyzw1jmt5p1r3qvluo1_400.jpg 0001541906.jpg fphrh1.jpg fphrh12.jpg p4.jpg

Well,enough about my moody thoughts,it's great that you are diversifying your Machine Robo world,IceConvoy. Machine Robo was revolutionary,it's pretty much world-building and crossovers before Super Robot Wars like I said before. Still..yeah. It's a crazy world we live in. Hehe.

I do recall him saying some harsh words. I might have forgotten where it is. :/ He really didn't like the series after the OG Machine Robo in his Machine Robo Wedge page: Counter-X >> Gobots >> Apocrypha >> Machine Robo Wedge Though I could be remembering things wrongly. Other than that,Counter-X/Tom Prankerd is pretty much the guy I wouldn't entrust to make a journalism living at all.

To make a joke,just like Ruri..he has no time for fans. XD Jet's got no time!.png

To be serious,HE'S GOT 2 SWORDS!! [​IMG] [​IMG] I REALLY HOPE HE GETS RELEASED AFTER TOUGH TRAILER!! WHERE THE HELL IS HE?!!

• Like Like x 4
  13. IczerRyuga

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    Here's something that didn't cross anyone's mind. What if Battlehackers was adapted but some interesting tidbit was added into the mix to increase the number of episodes and to keep things fresh and condensed?

I give you a hair-brained idea of Machine Robo Battlehackers vs Brave Kaisers.

Its basically the same as Machine Robo Battlehackers' plot but with the Kaisers and Geisters added in for a much more bigger plot and world building. Oh and to give another gigantic robot since Rom Stol and Baikanfu were trapped in space and time during BH. He will be free when Leina Stol's Wolf Sword Legend Part 2 comes around,concluding BH's plot. I got this idea from Lupinranger vs Patranger but instead of two teams being relegated to be separated,these teams are in the same Machine Robo strike team like the Silver Wolves,White Thunders,Blue Dragons and Red Knights. It's just that the Kaisers operate on doing things on a clean slate while upholding the law and keeping everyone's safety number one. Typical goody two shoes deal while the Battlehackers are more rough and tumble and a lot more crass on their battle strategies. I favor the BH more tbh. Though I did made some mock episodes on how the Exkaiser characters would interact with the world of B-1. It's gonna take some time for me to sort out the freakin' sizes my After Effects made for these videos.

Call it a dumb idea but...eh,its kinda a stupid idea I threw around since Bandai...kinda owns(?) Brave series now(?).

Edit: Ok,here's some Machine Robo stashes that I've managed to find throughout the interwebs for you guys wanting to play show and tell after the purchase of your hunts. 【中古】m5819【設定資料】レイナ剣狼伝説 マシンロボ クロノスの大逆襲 【17枚】 の落札情報詳細| ヤフオク落札価格情報 オークフリー
    ヤフオク! - アンティーク、コレクション - 「マシンロボ」の落札相場 - 新品、中古品(終了分)
    https://www.mercari.com/jp/search/?keyword=大逆襲

Most of them toys,some are character model sheets of the girls of Machine Robo Revenge of Cronos and lastly,posters and books of Machine Robo and YOU ARE NOT gonna believe what I'll show you,guys. XD

Here's a Machine Robo catalogue for the OG Machine Robo pre-Cronos: i-img1200x900-1531064545idnhyl12518.jpg i-img1200x900-1531064545cdky7w12518.jpg i-img1200x900-1531064545gaeox912518.jpg i-img1200x900-1531064545ycgjkk12518.jpg Ready for purchase on Yahoo auctions Japan.

Leina Stol cards on mercari.com: m35122100196_1.jpg m84950091092_1.jpg m84950091092_2.jpg m84950091092_4.jpg

And you wouldn't believe it: i-img480x640-1537080490icfpz394909.jpg They made Leina,Mia and Pat. Seem to be in their nudes. >_< OMG! This is unbelievable. XD Oh god. I wish I was joking. But they did. This is awesome. I'm not trying to be dirty but this happened to be a poster. You know...for kids!! For a robot toyline by Bandai,we get this. XD This is gold. And this ain't all,the yahoo auction list also got more posters for sale: i-img480x640-1537080518ugic42546230.jpg i-img480x640-1537080555vetic41102036.jpg i-img480x640-1537080591kigypw1094116.jpg Complete with 80's Leina,as well with her new friends Shuli and Ral and even her young self. All in the links above.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Toolala

Toolala Breast Master

Drill attempts to slay the beast of the Toy clan
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Ah it was nothing really, she went down without a fight. what do you mean she just sat down and barely noticed I was hitting her?

• Like Like x 4
  15. IczerRyuga

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    Kill the cat. Kill the cat! KILL THE CAT! KILL THE CAAAAAAAT!! WHOO!

16. hugoboss

hugoboss Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I grew up watching the GoBots and, just like most, saw them as second tier compared to the Transformers. But lately, I re-discovered the old toy line and also getting the temptation of buying these Machine Robo figures. I know its a slippery slope once I buy one, I'll need to buy all, lol. With those that bought all so far, are they worth the price? BBTS & Toydojo still has them for sale. So so tempting...

• Like Like x 2
  17. Toolala

Toolala Breast Master

I think they're worth it depending on how you look at them. they are essentially like older third Party figures, think the golden days of Fansproject. stuff like the Causality line or even Function X to an extent, with the price being about in between. they have really nice paint apps and a sizeable amount of diecast. some are obviously better than others, I for one think Shuttle Robo looks like absolute trash. I think if you have one that you really like the look of, you should try it out and it should give you a fairly good impression on the rest of the line.

18. ChromeMagnus

ChromeMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If I decided to get them I'd prefer the bigger versions (which from what I've been told scale with Super Gobots from the 1980s) but sadly Cy-Kill has been the only release so far. I wish they were bigger to scale with MPs.

19. optimusmegas

optimusmegas Target-Power-Titan-Prime-Battle-Master

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i have two of the regular scaled ones and i feel they're worth it. i'd have more but they haven't released blue jet and supercar robo yet and ones like the missile tank, battle, and mixer robo don't interest me at all.

the transformations are fun they're very articulated they feel great. though some don't like them i'm a fan of the bases they come with as well. i'm looking to get a few extras to create a hanger display for them

• Like Like x 1
  20. Megasquared

Megasquared Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Aw yeah Screwhead gonna whip all the butts. Screwhead’s a mean little GOBOT. Gotta big ol’ screw on his head. Screwhead gonna be like POW POW SMACK POW POW. Knocking good guys down. They be all like who are you and I’ll be like Screwhead.

• Like Like x 2