going wild on Asians

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by tony77tony77, Mar 17, 2011.

1. Dark Skull

Dark Skull Well-Known Enabler Moderator

News Credits:
  2. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Eh, female flesh is always good.

Don't post something gross.

3. Razerwire

Razerwire 99 Problems... Veteran

News Credits:
    I can explain it for you Alexandra.

It's called not thinking things thoroughly before opening your mouth. You may have the right to speak your mind but doing so does not mean there will be no consequences.

4. Black Oracle

Black Oracle Black Convoy's Dark Angel

News Credits:
    I haven't watched the vid, but reading the comments here, it just sounds like someone that wasn't being too bright and may have said a few silly-sounding things about Asians.

I can put myself into the shoes of a white Westerner that has not had much exposure to people of other cultures and what it must be like seeing the behaviour of those people from other countries. It can seem quite funny, strange and different. That's what leads to racial jokes, comments and opinions. And it's not a sin or wrong to have some general views about people of other races. But if this girl has been teasing or mocking Asians in her comments in this video, then any criticism she receives will probably be deserved.

This kinda reminds me of the Chinese society my mother is involved with in my area. From the stories she tells about some of the members and the events they run, I can see how a collection of Chinese people can form their own little exclusive group that doesn't really attempt to share and integrate themselves into British society. They start calling white people "Gwailo" (sp?) like they're outsiders to their group and they do things where only Chinese folk can participate. In a sense, they build their own little private club and start seeing thmeselves and white people in terms of 'us' and 'them'. That's why I've never ever wanted to join or associate with any kind of Chinese groups or societies anywhere. I hate how many of them just seem to cut themselves off from the rest of society and promote their own little Chinese-favouring clubs. I've been chastised by my family before for distancing myself from the Chinese community. But honestly, I just don't like the things I often see and hear about from those sort of groups: the snobbery, the malicious gossiping amongst Chinese women, the dodgy, under-the-table things that some members do and share, how some of the fresh Chinese immigrants are there simply to take advantage of other Chinese people that have lived in Britain longer, and so on. It really does turn me away from people of my own ethnicity sometimes. It makes me sad.

5. Razerwire

News Credits:
    Heh. My ASA at UNLV had as many non-Asians as Asians. But I think it's because they were after the Asian girls in our ASA. :lol 

Look up Lexi Lin. Her real name is Rosalee Tran. She was our ASA's VP. :lol 

6. Darkwing48

Darkwing48 Heroic Decepticon

(Not directed at her but...)
    This what happens when a girl without a brain opens her mouth
    **sunglasses**
    Without another head without a brain
    YYYYYyyyyeaahhhhh

(She has a brain... she's POLYSCI, just not thinking as Razerwire said.)

Yeah. Didn't she witness the power of YouTube when that bully got Dominated by his victim.

7. SCPrime

SCPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    She thought it through but was too stupid even after thinking it through to not fully understand the ramifications of her action. It's not like she was at the heat of the moment ranting to her friend(s) and the friend secretly video recorded it and uploaded it. Nope, she didn't just open her mouth. She took the time to actually video record the rant and took the time to upload it on Youtube. All that time should have allowed her plenty of time to think it through. The stupidity is making the whole rant available for the world to see.

8. XxGeck0xX

XxGeck0xX デストロン 情報

News Credits:
    As in asian and living in Japan, I feel the only thing that I found was offensive was the part about our recent tsunami here. I believe that was a little uncalled for as every diaster is.

9. KA

KA Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ehh, if white people make fun of asians i just do the same back to em n imitate em. See? Im doing it right now!

10. Deceptigtar

Deceptigtar Sworn Decepticon Assassin

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    she just has her gripes from a different race. doesnt mean in a sense she is racist.

there are stereotypes of all races that bug me and i am sure vice a versa.

she does make some points though as i live in an area with lots of different cultures and sometimes those stereotypes and actions can be bothersome.

11. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    But "talking on the phone" isn't even an asian stereotype.Being annoyed in a library about noise? that's across the country. People that disrespect isn't "racial" stereotype, its more of a lack of respect common in this generation.

Also, I love her apology:

"I cannot explain what possessed me to approach the subject as I did, and if I could undo it, I would."

lolwut?

is she shoving the blame? "I don't know what came over me?" No, the bitch clearly did, make a choice to put that video, don't say "what came over you". YOU came over you and posted that video. I hate these "indirect shifts of blame" >.>

But anyways, at least the youtube video responses were funny

If I were UCLA president, I would make an example of her and kick her out of the university.

12. smkspy

smkspy Remember true fans

For what exactly? Being a dumb blonde?

It was a pretty stupid thing to say, but there is nothing punishable in her ignorant rant. I think the public ridicule against has been more than enough punishment.

13. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    @ the few people commenting on Chinese culture and the validity of the complaints: I am Chinese, first of all. And I do recognize there are flaws within the culture, as with .... every culture.

To address the "I dislike chinese character posters around campus": You know, a lot of these are not to offend you, but to attract international students. Someone who came from another country and not familiar with this, will find a poster in their own language homey and warming, and a sense of belonging in the community. It is just like if a native english only speaking American went to say, China. You would be pretty fond of some things written in american english as well, right? It would gravitate you towards that.

To the comment about "gwailo": I truly apologize for my race for this. I know that word sounds pretty bad, but somehow it was adopted into a slang term for cauasians. (I admit that there are better terms to represent cauasians though) Most of the time, its not to mean any harm, but then again, I do want to apologize that sometimes the asian communities are very "inclusive", making it difficult for someone not of the race (even if its a diff race within "asians") to chim in or be in the in-crowd. I don't think that is right btw.

That said, I DO have a cauasian girlfriend whom I love very much, so I have come to personally appreciate interracial difference. Instead of always looking at the flaws, its good to look at the strengths of each culture as well.

14. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    Hm, perhaps. I was referencing how, a few years ago, academic dishonesty was made into a big deal, and universities made heavy punishment to set an example to hinder people from cheating. So at least, I definitely support heavy disciplinary actions.

15. chapsy

chapsy Well-Known Member

I rage'd at the Tsunami comment.
    Everything else just made her sound ignorant, bigoted, and all around ******ed.
    also:
    "polite american" hahahaha really? Making this video she calls herself a polite american girl. fantastic. No wonder the rest of the world hates us.

16. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot You can, you up. No can, no BB.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I don't get why she make a video of herself saying these kinds of things. It's something you joke about behind closed doors with your friends(if you were to even think something a long the lines of her thinking), not post to the public. Sure me and my friends make racist jokes, even on my own race, or their own race, but we wouldn't youtube it, facebook it, myspace it, or even tape it ever. That's just asking for trouble, I don't get how this girl even got into college.

17. Treadshot A1

Treadshot A1 Toy Designer

Except you're imitating something you don't know, hence the only stereotype you are perpetuating is the stupidity/ignorance of westerners to Asian culture. Also, not every Asian language sounds like that, the difference when you head to Japan, or India, or Vietnam...the only one you're thinking of is China.

It's not observational fact if your observations are based solely on the fact that all Asians are Chinese.*

*which is obviously not true.

The gwai lo thing...that is NOT offensive in general usage. It is the equivalent to you westerners calling us Asians, instead of Chinese or Japanese or Korean or Indian, etc. In fact, it is the equivalent of westerners, just in a more colloquial manner.

Also, having had lots of people try to tell me not to speak my native language in public, can I make this crystal clear: we are not making fun of you. Its not like we deliberately change language to swear at you or something, hell if we were we'd just use your language to make it more painful. Duh. Just learn to accept not everyone speaks English, not everyone's White and be done with it.

Westerners should 小心 with what they say. To be 尖-tongued is not always a good thing when your YouTube account is open for all to see.

18. Razerwire

News Credits:
    I think she would've caught a lot less flak if she said "Blah blah blah" instead of "Ching chong ling long ting tong."

Generally speaking many Asian people find that sort of immature imitation to be a source of annoyance.

19. llamatron

llamatron OFFICIAL MMC REP TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    An Italian, and Irishman and a Chinese fellow are hired at a construction site. The foreman points out a huge pile of sand and says to the Italian guy. "You're in charge of sweeping," to the Irishman, "You're in charge of shoveling," and to the Chinese guy, "And you're in charge of supplies."

"Now, I have to leave for a little while. I expect you guys to make a dent in that pile." So the foreman goes away for a couple hours, and when he returns, the pile of sand is untouched. He says to the Italian, "Why didn't you sweep any of it?"

The Italian replies, "I didn't have a broom. You said the Chinese guy was in charge of supplies, but he disappeared and I couldn't find him." So then the foreman turns to the Irishman and asks why he didn't shovel. The Irishman replies, "I couldn't get myself a shovel. You left the Chinese guy in charge of supplies, but I couldn't find him."

The foreman is really pissed off now, and storms off toward the pile of sand looking for the Chinese guy. Just then, the Chinese guy springs out from behind the pile of sand and yells 'SUPPLIES!"

20. llamatron

llamatron OFFICIAL MMC REP TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    An Italian, and Irishman and a Chinese fellow are hired at a construction site. The foreman points out a huge pile of sand and says to the Italian guy. "You're in charge of sweeping," to the Irishman, "You're in charge of shoveling," and to the Chinese guy, "And you're in charge of supplies."

"Now, I have to leave for a little while. I expect you guys to make a dent in that pile." So the foreman goes away for a couple hours, and when he returns, the pile of sand is untouched. He says to the Italian, "Why didn't you sweep any of it?"

The Italian replies, "I didn't have a broom. You said the Chinese guy was in charge of supplies, but he disappeared and I couldn't find him." So then the foreman turns to the Irishman and asks why he didn't shovel. The Irishman replies, "I couldn't get myself a shovel. You left the Chinese guy in charge of supplies, but I couldn't find him."

The foreman is really pissed off now, and storms off toward the pile of sand looking for the Chinese guy. Just then, the Chinese guy springs out from behind the pile of sand and yells 'SUPPLIES!"