Going to be selling some items - some questions about shipping

Discussion in 'Items For Sale or Trade' started by Paladine, Jul 10, 2008.

1. Paladine

Paladine Well-Known Member

I plan on selling some of my TFers to make room for new ones, but I'm somewhat of an eBay selling n00b.

I'll probably be sending most items via USPS priority mail since I believe PayPal requires you to use delivery confirmation in case of a dispute. You must use USPS priority boxes for this correct? I know you can order these boxes online and have them sent to you at no cost, but does anybody know if you go to a post office and pick them up personally?

Any shipping suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

2. mykticon

mykticon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yea, you can pick them up. That's what I do all the time and they are free! Also you don't have to use the boxes for Priority shipping, you can use a regular box and just pay for priority shipping with confirmation. Small, light packages are $4.80 plus $0.65 for confirmation. Be sure, if you do pick up the boxes from there you don't grab the Flat Rate boxes, they are higher to ship. Those are only good for small to medium HEAVY packages. I hope this helps! Good luck!

3. RoboticPlanet

RoboticPlanet Exclusively Exclusive

News Credits:
    Also, you can ship First Class (packages under 13oz only) or Parcel Post and just add Delivery Confirmation; Priority isn't required, just the DC. The cheaper shipping always lures buyers who don't mind waiting the extra days or week for the item. The only caveat with those methods is that you can only add DC if the packages are at least 3/4" thick

4. mineraljane

mineraljane Gravity Hugger

News Credits:
    If you have a scale around the house, you can also print up your own postage at home. Then, delivery confirmation is thrown in for free with Priority mail and you get a (really small) discount to boot.

That said, list your items in this forum first that way you can avoid the seller's fees!

5. mykticon

mykticon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ^^ That's very true, PP and Ebay cut into your profits. Someimtes heavily if it's a big sell...

6. Paladine

Paladine Well-Known Member

I will definitely be offering my items on this board first. Items that don't sell, will head to eBay, and then items that don't sell there will go to Toys for Tots this Christmas.

So stay tuned, and thanks for the tips!

7. Kingplay

Kingplay Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Order USPS boxes and tape from online, they ship to your house for free

8. PrimulArchangel

PrimulArchangel Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah ordering the boxes online is a huge time saver.. But they dont offer tape anymore .. Post master told me they stoped because they realized how much money they were loosing because people were buying cases of tape (like me :D  ) so now they dont offer it anymore on there site.. If you have a dollar store near you they sell rolls of tape tere usually and also Tape guns , they help alot too :) ..
    The most usefull boxes are the 12x12x8 boxes and the smaller boxes i believe are 5x5x5 or 6x6x6 ... You can order some of the flat rate boxes and just turn them inside out so it looks like a brown box lol...
    Go on ebay and pick yourself up a small digital postal scale, i got min on there for like 15$ , thats another huge time save and you can print your shipping lables online and get free delivery confirmation wit all your packages.
    Good Luck :)