Going through hoops, Have you started your costume for Halloween?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by OmegaVPrime, Oct 12, 2008.

1. OmegaVPrime

OmegaVPrime Uhm, yea? So what?

Ebay:
    Well I have already finished makeing my costume, to be the joker this year ( No need for a cheap half assed adult one at target for 60) so I decided to make my own and it came out GREAT. Used a hexagon stencil and made the designs on the longsleeved shirt, Bought grey blazer, purple overcoat dark green vest, the tie, the shoes and the pants, it is amazing what you can find at savers. And of course I made my scars...unfourtanetly I was unable to grow my hair out so I'm going out to Spirit halloween to buy my bald cap and my wig to top it all off....lol the kids at my door will have a real treat to see the joker when they get theircandy :D 

So any one going through hoops this year? I would love to hear and see some of the stuff you TFW members are going to do this year!

2. Sideways

Sideways Banned

that sounds sweet,OmegaV.. I'll just be wearing my gas mask and my Slayer hoodie.
    My town also has a parade called King Frost every year around Halloween time.
    It's basically a reason for the townfolk to party and get drunk..last year , i wore my Optimus Prime voice changer helmet.I gots comments like "Turn into a truck !" , " Where's Megatron?" and " Transform and Roll out!"

3. OmegaVPrime

Ebay:
    That should be your new sig "I wore an Optimus Prime Voice changer once...turns out people just wanted me to turn into a truck" :lol 

4. Jux

Jux Please, call me Steve. Veteran

I have not started, nor will I start.

5. DevilzFan

DevilzFan CobraIsland.com Veteran

I haven't worn a costume since I was 11.

6. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Really? I love Halloween. Haven't done a costume since...I don't know, '04? But I'm getting into this year. Friend is helping me make one this Friday.

I'd need it anyways, the party I'm going to is apparently gonna be pretty strict on not admitting folks who aren't in costume. And there's no way I'm missing out on the way women are gonna be dressed there.

Slutty nurse, slutty cop, slutty fairy, slutty Dick Cheney, slutty slut...they're all good to me.

7. Deceptikitty

Deceptikitty all about the hasubandos

:lol 

I may just do something lame like goth or whatever to answer the door and hand out candy. Nothing really exciting. :( 

8. Dark_Convoy

Dark_Convoy Old Bastard Veteran

I have two of my kids taken care of, A dinosaur for the youngest and a phantom for the 2nd youngest, I have a banana costume on the way for the 2nd oldest, and they oldest wants to be a pirate.

9. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    My Joker costume is almost complete. All I really need to do is get the vest and dye the coat and pants (couldn't find any purple one's that would work). I'm not going to try and replicate every single detail, but I am getting the basic look of him, while adding in some of my own details. Luckily I decided on this months ago, so I've been able to let my hair grow out. It's not as long as his hair was in the movie, but it is long enough to get the same affect once I put the green hair spray stuff on it. I'm not going to attempt the scars. Knowing me they wouldn't stay on for very long, so I'm just going to use the red make up to make a nice wide smile. Haven't worn a costume in years, so this is going to be a little weird, but with any luck this'll become something I do every year just for the fun of it. Oddley enough this'll the the second time I've dressed up as a Batman character, as I dressed up as Batman many years ago. Might continue this trend and pick another character next year (two-face maybe?).

Edit: Dyeing the jacket I got at the Salvation Army didn't go so well (RIT lightener does NOT work). However, the pants did come out nice, though not as dark as I originally wanted. I think this ligher/more pink look will do good though, as it reminds me a lot of Cesar Romero's Joker. I'd get some blue dye and darken up the pants, but knowing my luck they'd turn out too blue in the end, so I'll more than likely stick with what I've got.

10. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

May dress up as a burger and eat myself

11. OmegaVPrime

Ebay:

:lol 

As kamra would have it, temptation will not allow you to be your favorite food

12. Wing alpha

Wing alpha <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and

Im dressing as alto saotome from frontier. its a simple staigth forward Ill probably work on it on my day off

13. Rodimus Major

Rodimus Major Custom User Title

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm not having a costume, I'm too mature for halloween. I'll probably stay home and be posting on toy message boards all night.

14. Deceptikitty

Deceptikitty all about the hasubandos

Absolutely beautiful. I lol'd.

15. OmegaVPrime

Ebay:
    You sir, deserve an award :lol 

16. Zeta Otaku

Zeta Otaku Who ya gonna call? TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Myself and two friends will be in NYC in full ghostbuster gear.

we just need to finish up the third proton proton pack and we're set.

oh, and the light and sound kit to come for mine... yes, you read that right. Sound kit.

we're obsessed, ok?

17. Predaking

Predaking Well-Known Member

Oh man, you just described my idea for halloween costume this year. Unfortunately I will most likely go disguiseless and taking my 1 year old son to go trick or treating (he's gonna be the Bumblebee) buuuut... I may do something like that next year. Can you PM or email me the walkthrough or the picture of you as the Joker? Thanks.

18. llamatron

llamatron Shut up, Nigel. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    They should rename this years Halloween to "national Joker dress up day." :p 

19. Turbocharger

Turbocharger We should get more letter

I haven't gone for several years. I considered going this year, but I couldn't find a realistic green man costume. They all have individual fingers.

20. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

I want to be a wuzzle