Going rates for Masterforce and Victory stuff

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Prometheum5, Aug 1, 2008.

1. Prometheum5

Prometheum5 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hi all,
    I've recently been doing some perusing and wishful thinking for Victory stuff, and was just wondering what the real going rates for some of these figures are (as opposed to the outlandish ebay BINs I keep finding). I'm specifically looking for prices on Star Saber, Victory Leo, the Vic Saber boxed set, and Road Ceaser... among others. I was also wondering why it seems so rare to find any of the items loose and complete. I would be much more likely to get into this area of collecting if I could find loose complete specimens, as the prices would assumedly be much more reasonable.
    Thanks for any help you guys can offer!

2. cobra zartan

cobra zartan Think's He's a Detective.

News Credits:
    Starsaber and victory leo shouldnt cost you much, these are some of the cheapest japanese figures, the japanese lines seam to be getting much more popular and figures that were once cheap a year ago now go for very high prices. Honestly you can get a nice mib starsaber or victory leo between 150-200 if you look in the right places.

3. Melkava

Melkava Well-Known Member

The warehouse find in Japan a few months back, had alot of case fresh MISB japanese Blacker, & were going for 110.

4. DJ Soundwave

DJ Soundwave Action Figure Master

Overlord 300 - 450 Loose/ complete 400 -500 MIB/MISB
    Black Zarak Same as Overlord
    Grand Maximus 400 -600 Loose/ complete 600 - 900 MIB/MISB

5. cobra zartan

News Credits:
    Have you seen the prices of Gmax lately? MIB going for 1300-1500+

Skygarry is a cheap figure to get, MISB in japan for $100 ebay a bit more.

6. sunlink

sunlink Be Transformed TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'd say the Overlord is dead on in price. Otherwise a lot of the older Japanese TFs are going up in price. I'd love to find a Black Zarak for the price of Overlord but when you do find him he's usually around 500-600 loose and 600+ boxed
    and it all depends on accessories, gold condition and box condition.

Road Caesar prices seemed to have dropped. Was going for 400+ in giftset or 350+ in individual boxes but I think I remember seeing a giftset version go for about $250. So probably there are deals out there. Not sure if there's a huge price difference between Japanese boxed and Chinese boxed though.

I just ended up buying a boxed Star Saber for 300 via live.com since it was running a 25% off deal so I used that. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like the live.com deal is still available via eBay.

7. DJ Soundwave

DJ Soundwave Action Figure Master

Man am i glad I got into overdrive on Japaese G1 stuff 11 Years ago...... I still remember what I got every figure for .....I'll never forget that I got an MIB Grand Maximus for only 250.00 :) 

8. cobra zartan

News Credits:
    A full set of japanese heads used to go for $1300 and that was asking alot, shuffler alone goes for 1000-1500 now

9. Prometheum5

Prometheum5 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    God the JP heads are a scary lot of figures... I've noticed that the three repainted single-packed Godmasters don't sell too briskly when they come up tho...