Going online wireless with 360

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by DX7879, Dec 31, 2006.

1. DX7879

DX7879 Captain of Strawhats

Just recently got a Xbox360, and I've been wanting to go online wirelessly with it. I already have a wireless router, but still need an adapter. I was wondering besides the official 360 adapter, what other kinds could I use? People told me to get a Linksys WET54G, but I can't seem to find it anywhere, and it doesn't show up often on ebay. If possible, I would perfer the adapter/bridge to be under $40. Other than that, I'm open to suggestions.

2. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Moderator

The official adapter is the only way to go, it has no wireless connectivity otherwise.

3. Mr Grimm

Mr Grimm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It is actually possible to use third party adapters (Ethernet adapters?), but I'm not sure how it's done. The official one is a lot tidier though, which is what I use.

4. Savanna

Savanna Want to Touch my Wankel?

From what I have been told, the Non MS Adaptors for 360 dont work with the console. The MS one works fine on the console for me.

5. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Reason Has No Voice

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    If you can still find one, the adapter for the original Xbox also works.

6. Savanna

Savanna Want to Touch my Wankel?

Buts its much bigger and uglier if I remember right.

7. Onslaught Phase 2

Onslaught Phase 2 Know my name and fear it!

I have done zero research, but I have to say, I don't understand how a standard Ehternet to wireless gaming adapter would not work with the 360. It kinda makes no sense. You just need to configure the eth-to-wireless bridge on a computer, as opposed to through the xbox interface, but you still need to have the typical lan settings on the xbox. I run my xbox on a wireless bridge and it's great. dwl g820

8. DX7879

From what people told me, I need to get an Wireless Ethernet Bridge that doesn't require any drivers. The problem for me is finding any. Most of them at stores seem to be the USB type. I'm looking into the dwl g820.

9. Onslaught Phase 2

Onslaught Phase 2 Know my name and fear it!

I'm just saying that's the one I have... I don't necesarily recommend it, because I also have a dlink router. You might want one to get one from the same maker of your router. Honestly, the other problem is these wireless bridges are pretty expensive usually. I KNOW linksys had wireless gaming adapters.... their website has them.

Under Wireless bridges there is
    WET54G

Under gaming adapters (the same thing really, probably more consumer friendly)

WGA11B Wireless-B Game Adapter

WGA54AG Wireless A/G Game Adapter

WGA54G Wireless-G Game Adapter

10. DX7879

I'm looking into the Linksys game adapters now. Can't seem to find the bridge anywhere. The game adapters though are at least on ebay

11. The_Bardock

The_Bardock ****** of the Minicons

If your computer is near by you can just run the cable from your xbox to your computer then set your internet to be shared.

12. DX7879

My computer is on the 2nd floor and opposite side of the house from my 360 on the 1st floor, so trying to go wireless. Right now I just bring my modem downstairs to go online, but that's troublesome