"Godzilla: The Series" On YouTube.com

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Witwicky Camaro, Apr 10, 2008.

1. Witwicky Camaro

Witwicky Camaro Sabbatical Is Required

News Credits:
    Assuming anyone 'round here watched FOX KIDS beyond anything besides Beast Wars and Power Rangers, does anybody remember Godzilla: The Series? I loved watching it, I never knew it got cancelled (back when, didn't know what "canceled" meant, shows just "disappeared" or "Reruned").

A bunch of episodes are availble from:

2. jdre_124

jdre_124 Super Dick

News Credits:
    You bet your ass I did. Such a shame it premiered around the Pokemon\Digimon craze. Way better then the movie and had a awesome intro. Even have the theme on my MP3 player.

3. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Action Master Super Mod

News Credits:
    i never got into it completely, but ive watched a few episodes...i;d probably buy it if it were on dvd and cheap...i love me some godzilla

4. Witwicky Camaro

News Credits:
    Tight, a fan (I won't ask where you got the MP3, but yes, the Theme is awesome)! And I gotta agree. I might've loved watching Digimon (never cared for Pokemon), at least the first three seasons, but Godzilla: The Series was plain awesomness and didn't deserve to get cancelled because of it. I wish FOX would release it on DVD too. Its the only thing I think they didn't sell away to the tyrant known as Walt-Disney Corp.

5. jdre_124

jdre_124 Super Dick

News Credits:
    Seriously. I would kill to have the complete series on DVD. Not to mention there were 3 episodes only aired in Europe and Australia that I've never seen. I really wished they would have made the Intro into a full fledged episode. Like if they had some kind of time machine were the team went into the future were Godzilla made a last stand against all his enemies in NYC. OooO shivers.

6. PopCulturePooka

PopCulturePooka Longest running avatar

News Credits:
    I gotta say that series was entertaining as all heck.

There were a number of shows released around the same time, using a similar animation style and design flair and all of the were quite cool.

Men in Black, Extreme Ghostbusters etc.

7. Dream

Dream SEND THE BOOKS!

You forgot Evolution!
    But yeah, Godzilla was an awesome series.
    I think they have the Monster Wars on dvd, but it would be awesome to have had the full run.

8. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

darn! i thought it was the godzooki version *or what ever* :lol !

9. Keiichitron

Keiichitron Not a physicist, dammit

Ebay:
    [​IMG]

also had a good theme song :thumbs2: 

10. Caterwaul

Caterwaul Busou Shinki Loremaster

I liked this show. Always wished they were able to get to do their own versions of the classic monsters, though.

11. Dirge121

Dirge121 I'll be your end of days

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    It was a kick ass series. Evoloution was another 'toon great from around the same time.

Cartoon GINO > Film GINO. So much better is isn't even funny.

12. Optimus17

Optimus17 Well-Known Member

This show was fun. Being somewhat of a G-fan I obviously hated the movie for a little while but then I realized that if you take away Godzilla's name and enjoy it for a giant monster movie then it's a really fun albeit corny and stupid movie. I watched the show a little bit and my brother (being a way bigger G-fan than me) even bought some tapes of the Monster War (I think that's what it's called) saga. I probably didn't watch it much because I was watching Digimon (which I'm still a fan of and proud of it) and MIB and Beast Wars, etc... btw how could you guys like Evolution? Ugh! I hated the movie and the show was worse. It looked like Ghostbusters with aliens, or monsters, or evolved things whatever they were.

13. Witwicky Camaro

News Credits:
    I never watched the Evolution cartoon myself; I wasn't a fan of the movie, so I didn't bother to watch it. I didn't think the '98 Godzilla movie was that terrible --- I mean it wasn't and isn't what I call a great movie by any means --- I enjoyed it as a kid, but this was after I had watched the cartoon (which was currently either still rerunning or showing new eps), and was under the impression that the cartoon came before the movie. I can't watch it with a straight face anymore, but still.....

Anyhow, I managed to watch every episode except "Clash of the Titans". The uploader, however, entitled it "Cash" of the Titans :D . I'm off to watch it now!

Episodes unavailable on YouTube.com:

1. 11: FREEZE!
    2. 14: BUG OUT!
    3. 20: WEB SITE
    4. 21: WEDDING BELL BLEW
    5. 22: JUGGERNAUT
    6. 24: TRUST NO ONE
    7. 25: LIZARD SEASON
    8. 26: THE BALLAD OF GENS DUMARAIS (Unaired-Episode)*
    9. 27: RING OF FIRE (Unaired-Episode)*
    10. 01.28: PROTECTOR
    11. 29: VISION (Unaired-Episode)*
    12. 30: FREAK SHOW
    13. 36. FUTURE SHOCK~
    14. 38: AREA 51

• All three episodes were aired in Europe on Britain's Sky One and Australia's Network Ten.
    Which really sucks.

• ~Currently only one part uploaded in English.

14. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    I enjoyed this series. Especially the two part episode where they went up against the cyborg version of the first GINO. In my opinion, that's the closest thing we ever got to a mecha-Godzilla in the show.

15. Magelite

Magelite I make stupid look good

I loved this show as a kid (along with MIB the series, Evolution the series, Ace Ventura the series, The Mask series...the 90's were the golden age of movie-to-cartoon shows.) A lot better than the film, anyway.

16. netkid

netkid Where's my Goddamn shoe!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
  17. Dirge121

Dirge121 I'll be your end of days

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    *Sob*
    Okay, the top one isn't that great, but the Zilla and Cyber-zilla sure are.
    Good ole Trendmasters.

18. Dinobot Nuva

Dinobot Nuva Johnny 3 Tears Veteran

News Credits:
    I watched this from episode 1 to the last episode, as the target audience of get upper kids mind you, and I thought it rocked. I demand DVD boxset >_>
    DN

19. Baltan

Baltan Space Ninja

There are more episodes than just the Monster Wars trilogy out on DVD now, but of course, not the entire series or even in proper sequential chunks of episodes. Just two other collections with three episodes each, Monster Mayhem and Mutant Madness.

I loved the show when I was younger, and followed it regularly. It's the only reason I ever ended up watching Digimon, as a matter of fact. Of course, back then I sorta like GINO too, which I most certainly don't anymore. GINO ruined Trendmasters and the good thing they had going, destroyed Godzilla's shot at getting proper respect in the US, and forced Toho to prematurely bring back Godzilla in Japan, which didn't really help them either. The story alone and its plotholes sicken me like so much radiation poisoning. But GINO's... I mean, Zilla's design is something I've come to respect in its own way. Don't hate the kaiju, hate the kaiju's terrible, terrible film. The animated series went a very long way in helping me to feel that way, because it fixed everything that went wrong with the film, even if Godzilla was conveniently Nick's pet.

20. netkid

netkid Where's my Goddamn shoe!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    ^QFT! I totally agree. The Animated Series is everything that the movie SHOULD have been!

To me, Asexual Godzilla is far more insulting than nipples on Batman's suit. Stupid Roland Emmerich! It was like they just watched a few Japanese Godzilla films starring Minya or Godzilla Jr. without audio and only guessed as to what the heck was going on and then made a movie off of it.