Godzilla Returns!

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Creaky, Feb 11, 2011.

1. Creaky

Creaky King of Puppies

News Credits:
    Apologies if this belongs elsewhere or has already been mentioned. Mods, you know what to do. ;) 

With the end of the kaiju revoltech line (licenscing issues), Bandai has announced it's own super articulated godzilla toys.

GODZILLA TOYS

All bought on this end, and if they make a zilla then my fanboy dreams will be finally realised.

Anyone with any details know anything more about this line?

Last edited: Feb 11, 2011
  2. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    There's some speculation that this line will be the Godzilla version of the UltraAct (Ultraman) line. IMO, the engineering used for the Ultraman's monsters will be used for this new Gozilla - afterall, the figures appear to be 7 inches tall? And finally yes, I'm excited! :) 

3. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Your opinion was noted. Now get lost. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Heh. So, these won't be in scale with my Sci-Fi Revoltech figures? Eh. I'll probably just end up selling off my Sci-Fi Revos than... a Godzilla line without Godzilla is kind of annoying. These look gorgeous! And... GODZILLA!

4. Roanstalker

Roanstalker Great Baan Gaan fan

News Credits:
    Kaiju Act :D .

5. LigerPrime

News Credits:
    Its a pity but I'm thinking would the Microman Godzilla be in case with the Sci-Fi Revos? Just curious. I'm also puzzled how Kaiyodo would produce Godzilla kaijus without getting the licence for Godzilla?!

LOL! That's a good one, dude! With all the amazing stuff Bandai is releasing this year and probably the new few years, I know where my money is going! :D 

6. T16skyhopp

T16skyhopp Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    sdfhasl;fjas'dklfjafjal'ksdjf now please

7. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Your opinion was noted. Now get lost. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The Microman Godzilla is supposedly 4.5 inches tall according to eBay listings. So... yeah that might be about the right height. However, I've read some horrible horrible things about the articulation and extremely loose connection of certain pieces way back when this thing first came out.

As for the license... I'm guessing the licenses are available on a monster by monster basis. Just a guess... also, I'm wondering if Kaiyodo had to go through Bandai to get any of the licenses at all? From what I've read they hold the master license for all of the Kaiju and not just for the big three. My two cents anyways...

8. Takara_destron

Takara_destron Mainly lurking these days

Ebay:
    I'm all over that Burning Godzilla.

9. Creaky

Creaky King of Puppies

News Credits:
    I'm thinking they originaly had licences and plans for all of them (evidence being that they steamrolled ahead on things like T-Rex before licenscing was finalised) but Bandai put the blockers on the projects after deciding to produce their own version in the vein of figuarts/ultra-act/d-arts. They probably decided it was silly to let someone else take a share of the profits, when they could do it themselves.

Just a guess though. I smell backroom double dealings and upset Kaiyodo bosses.

10. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Everyone should atleast have one Godzilla in their toy collection.

11. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Both Godzillas and MechaGodzilla are bought, even though that's not my favourite MechaG design. Easy pass on Mogera.

12. kaijubot-uk

kaijubot-uk Keep Running

I'm going to cry when I see how much these cost, aren't I? Because I have waited years for a properly posable Godzilla figure.

13. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    Good news this.
    Hopefully these will come over as part of the never advertised Bandai Creation line.

I was so excited to see the Godzilla Revoltech line and then so shocked at the price.
    I paid $30 for Revoltech Hot Rod and Starscream.

I just couldn't pay $40 for just Mothra.

It would have been like $260 to get just Gamera, Gyaos, Mothera and Baragan.
    I just couldn't do it.

14. Tyrannosaur

Tyrannosaur 100% Sarcastic Saurian

Damn those look awesome. I'm hoping they make one of Godzilla's millennium design (Green w/ purple-ish dorsal plates) Kiryu and Gigan's 2005 redesign! :D 

15. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    My absolute favorite Godzilla.

16. SearchmanDS

SearchmanDS Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I sees Burning Godzilla. Where's my Destroyah Bandai? I wanted it yesterday :drool: .

17. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Same here!

18. Ezilla82

Ezilla82 Expect the Unexpected.

First off dude thanks for sharing this with us. Holy crap! They all look awesome. Instant buy, but my wallet is going to have a workout.

19. LigerPrime

News Credits:
    Yeah, the articulation for the microman Godzilla isn't as good as the Revoltech kaijus but IMO the sculpt looks good and it has basic articulation? I think the loose connection is due to the microman gimmick and maybe a tab of nail polish and superglue might help.

I originally wanted to pick up the Revoltech line but I avoid it for the following reasons:

i) I was holding out for Godzilla; and

ii) the figures' scale were kind of small. For Kaijus, I prefer them to be at least 6 to 7 inches tall.

With regards to the "normal" Godzilla in the pictures , what does one call him? For example, the "final wars" Godzilla is known as the "final wars" version but what about the one pictured?

All I know is that design has been used in a couple of movies but that's about all I know - despite it being my fave version! X)

Creaky - yeah, I suspect there was some double dealing too. I can't believe that Kaiyodo would produce Godzilla theme figures without the main character - makes no sense! Its like producing a transformer line without Optimus Prime!

Smasher - this line is different from the usual suspects from Bandai creation. IMO it will mirror Bandai's Ultraman line, "UltraAct" and the figures will definitely be more expensive compared to the vinyl produced by the Bandai Creation.

But yeah, maybe they will be released under Bandai Creation's banner for marketing purposes?

If the displays were shown at a US toy show (I was too excited to pay attention to where the show is held), the odds are decent that US fans will see them release but the problem is at their price point, I don't expect to see them at a normal store such as Walmart?

20. Roanstalker

Roanstalker Great Baan Gaan fan

News Credits:
    IIRC The games refer it it as Godzilla 90s.