Godbomber Questions

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by darkwingduck13, Apr 16, 2012.

1. darkwingduck13

darkwingduck13 Caped Crusader

So, I'm going to Botcon and one of the items on my "Watch to buy" list is a loose Godbomber. However, I have some questions:

1. Can Godbomber combine with US Powermaster Prime? I've got an original G1 PM Prime that I'd love to pair him with if I can.

2. Does it matter if it's an original or reissue in terms of compatibility? I don't care for my own purposes, except in terms of price.

3. What should I expect to pay for a loose one? Let's assume a reissue, since I'm hoping to find one as cheaply as possible.

Thanks for any help!

2. wildfly

wildfly Right notes. Wrong order.

News Credits:

Lack of retractable fists on the U.S version means the arm extensions don't fit, iirc.

Godbomber was never reissued on it's own anyway....and Botcon might turn out to be pricing trap.

You might want to consider just buying Apex Powermaster Prime or the original reissue?

3. darkwingduck13

I was hoping to avoid double-dipping on the mold, since my G1 PM Prime is boxed/complete...just didn't need two of the same. :/ I knew Godbomber was never reissued on his own, but figured if I could find a loose one anywhere, it would be at Botcon!

4. Dr. Prime

Dr. Prime Dr. Prime

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    While nothing is impossible, I would think it would be extremely difficult to find a loose Godbomber, even at Botcon. And even if you did, I would think it would be expensive. It would probably be more worth it to just get the God Ginrai Reissue, which is worth about $100. That would probably be easy to find and you won't have any possible compatability issues. You might be able to find one outside of Botcon for less than $100

5. CZ Hazard

CZ Hazard Sons of Unicron PTT

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

Despite this evidence to the contrary, I still agree with Miscreant, just buy the reissue. You're not double-dipping, as the quality of the reissue / Japanese release is so far above and beyond the 1988 Hasbro release as to be untrue. Metal cab, windows, retractable fists, better plastic...you can't go wrong with the reissue.

6. Hot Shot.

Hot Shot. Giving up on the fiction.

News Credits:
    If it makes you feel any better the Ginrai vesion of the mold is vastly superior.

-clear chest windows
    -die-cast
    -tons of chrome
    -extending blue fists
    -blue "normal" mode eyes
    -gunmetal plastic in place of the gray

I have an original PM Prime as well, and there's no beating the God Ginrai reissue I bought my dad for his birthday. It's a beautiful figure.

He said reissue. That's the original.

7. darkwingduck13

I'll probably end up just having to skip this one, then. I don't have a ton of cash left over for the dealer room (had to scrape and sell a lot of stuff just to make the reg fee/hotel/gas), and one of the other items I'm looking to find is the Alternity Super Black Prime, which I don't have any version of at all. Gotta go for mold originality for the collection, I guess. :/

8. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    Just go Fire Guts :D 

9. darkwingduck13

If I was going to get all hipster, I'd go Nucleon Quest and live without Godbomber. XD

10. wildfly

News Credits:

Just for clarification i did say never REissued.

Or did i miss something?

11. CZ Hazard

CZ Hazard Sons of Unicron PTT

News Credits:
    No, you didn't. I however, did. My bad :D 

12. DethPike

DethPike Master of Sinanju

Ebay:
    I had a Godbomber single a while back and I attached it to my US Powermaster Prime without a problem. The arm extensions peg into the forearms where the gray guns would be in truck mode - the extensions cleared its red hands just fine.

The Godbomber I had was boxed and ran me about $100... you're probably looking at around $100 for it loose nowadays, give or take.

For that $$$, you seriously might prefer the reissue of a few years ago, with the Japanese Powermaster Prime - it IS very nice. And $100 could get you a brand spanking new one, as opposed to a used Godbomber on its own. You might find the reissue loose cheaper but I've yet to see the reissue on its own without the Prime right along with it.

13. wildfly

News Credits:
    I miss having a God Ginrai.

*sulks in corner*

14. darkwingduck13

Thanks for all the replies, peeps. Guess when I eventually do decide to make this a top priority, getting the full reissue set is going to be the way to go.

15. DethPike

DethPike Master of Sinanju

Ebay:
    What does a decent U.S. Powermaster Prime go for complete? Like $50? Somewhere in that neighborhood? You could sell the one you've got now if it's in good shape and you'd already have 1/2 the $$$ for the reissue giftset :) 

16. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    Agree, agree, agree, and strongly agree.

Just get the complete reissue.

17. darkwingduck13

Not sure. Mine is boxed, complete, from my childhood, which is part of why I didn't want to part with it. :) 

18. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    you can find the reissue for around 80 if you look hard enough, and the improvements over the us version are like night and day

19. Stepper

Stepper Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Might as well get a Apex Armour Optimus Prime